Becca just launched a cute BFFs Collection called Made With Love by Khloe and Malika. This collection was created in collaboration with Khloe Kardashian and her BFF Malika Haqq. There are new highlighting palettes, a new lipstick formula and mini X and O shaped highlighter. I think the concept is super cute with two sets of color options. I’m a huge fan of Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors and their Be a Light Palettes. I had high hopes for this launch. In the collection we have:
- Glow Letters Highlighter ($18)
- Made with Love by Khloe Collection
- Khloe Bronze, Blush and Glow Palette ($44)
- Khloe Ultimate Lipstick Love ($24 each) in Cupid’s Kiss and Hot Tamale
- Made with Love by Malika
- Malika Bronze, Blush and Glow Palette ($44)
- Malika Ultimate Lipstick Love ($24 each) in Yours Truly and Brave
Up first is a look at the Glow Letters Highlighter. This is a shimmery bronze and champagne mix of X and O shaped pressed highlighter shapes. I love the color and finish – it gives a beautiful glow without being overly frosty. The golden color is SO so pretty. I just hate the cardboard box packaging and presentation. I think this would have been better if it had been a pressed powder like their Shimmering Skin Perfectors. I give the product itself a solid A+ rating so I can overlook the box it comes in. I think I am just being really picky with this one.
Swatches also next to the two palettes side by side.
Made with Love by Khloe Collection
The Made by Khloe Collection has one Bronze, Blush and Glow Palette and two Ultimate Lipstick Love lipsticks in Cupid’s Kiss and Hot Tamale. The palette is generously sized in a large mirrored compact.
The colors are really pretty but I had a hard time getting into the palette. Becca launched a Bronze, Blush and Glow Palette with highlighting palette similar in concept to the Be a Light finish and shape. The Khloe Palette has:
- Soft Focus Highlighter in Glow Up which is a shimmery champagne vanilla
- Radiant Blush in Fierce a shimmery pale peach
- Radiant Blush in Fabulosity which is a more coral peach shimmer
- Satin Matte Bronzer in Koko Bronze which is a very soft sheer tan matte bronzer
The palette to me feels like three highlighters + one bronzer. On my skin tone I felt the colors looked too frosty when I wore 3 or all 4 of the colors layered. If I blended a lot or used with a super light hand I could wear this. It’s not a bad palette. I think the quality is excellent. Finish of the powders is smooth and super pigmented. I just couldn’t wear them all together easily like I could the Becca x Chrissy Palette which I still really love.
There are two lipsticks are new formulas which are ultra pigmented creams. They’re scented with a sweet almost coconut like scent and vanilla cream. At first swipe I felt they were super thick. The formula is smooth and long lasting though. As long as you don’t swipe on too much it’s not too thick. Cupid’s Kiss is toasted almond nude, Hot Tamale is a hot bright red.
- Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Foundation in 230 + 235 mixed
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder to set
- Urban Decay Naked2 Palette on the eyes
- Anastasia Brow Wiz in Caramel
- L’Oreal Lash Paradise Waterproof Mascara
- Made with Love by Khloe Bronze, Blush and Glow Palette all four shades
- Left is Ultimate Lipstick Love in Cupid’s Kiss
- Right has Ultimate Lipstick Love in Hot Tamale
- Off the Shoulder Top is from Abercrombie
Made with Love by Malika
For the Made with Love By Malika colors you have the same products with a variation in colors. She has her Made with Love by Malika Bronze, Blush and Glow Palette and two Ultimate Lipstick Love lip colors in Yours Truly and Brave. I prefer the Malika product color scheme.
The Made with Love by Malika Bronze Blush and Glow Palette has the same products, I find the palette to be equally glowy but the deeper colors make it easier for me to pull off. Pigment is ultra rich and smooth and easy to blend/layer. Colors include:
- Soft Focus Highlighter in Dusted is a peachy pink champagne
- Radiant Blush in Yes Girl! is a warm bright coral shimmer
- Radiant Blush in Make Me Blush is a shimmering pink rose
- Satin Matte Bronzer in Bestie Bronze is a medium deep warm bronze satin matte
True to Becca’s style this palette is still very glowy. Finish is lightweight in feeling so it’s not heavy but it’s still very pigmented. Lipsticks have a similar vibe to Khloe’s while the Malika colors have a different undertone. Yours Truly is a warmer peachy nude. Brave is a classic true red that is neutral-cool.
Same beauty breakdown as above but with the Malika collection colors. Left is Yours Truly for the lips. Right is Brave for the lips. For skin tone reference I’m in between a MAC NC30 and NC35 right now.
Overall thoughts is that this is a beautiful collection and all the items are well made with great color payoff, lasting power, pigment and textures. I think the palettes are well priced and true to Becca’s classic signature glow style. I still love highlighters and will probably look forward to any new ones but at this point I’m finding it challenging to get SUPER excited about them. I have too many, there have been too many launches, most of it has started to look all the same. The only thing I didn’t like was the Glow Letters packaging.
The Khloe palette was a little too glowy for my skin tone right now. To clarify, it’s too glowy to wear ALL the colors in one look. If I mix in a matte blush or just use the bronzer with one other shade it’s very wearable and pretty. I find it interesting that the Malika palette has the same glow finish but with the deeper colors I find them a lot more wearable.
Lipsticks are ok. I think they’re nice but a little thick. I understand they’re super opaque with rich color payoff so it makes sense they’re really creamy. I’m going to check my Sephora to see if there are other colors out yet in store and will let you know if I pick any more up. Price seem a little steep to me, but the product is also nicely sized and has super intense pigment.
You can find the Becca BFFs collection out now. Available at Nordstrom, Sephora, Ulta Beauty and Becca Cosmetics.
Becca BFF collection provided by Becca for review.