There are new launches from Natasha Denona including three shades of Super Glow Highlighter ($38 each for 10 g/ .35 oz, made in Italy) and her Camel Eyeshadow Palette ($48 for 2.5 g/ 0.08 oz x 5, made in Italy). All the items are stunning in color, quality, pigment, and texture.
Super Glow Highlighter
At this point in the beauty world I am still surprised the highlighter game is going strong. I do think with all the options I could shop my stash and find similar colors with almost any launch. Natasha Denona’s Super Glow Highlighter has a truly multi-dimensional glow. They’re soft, light weight and smooth without emphasizing pores. I think they’re phenomenal highlighters although I think I could definitely find similar colors in my stash.
There are three colors:
- 01 Fair is a light icy ivory with a hint of pink
- 02 Light-Medium is a medium champagne
- 03 Bronze is a yellow gold (I don’t see any bronze in it)
Close ups, Fair:
I find the colors of her Glow Face and Body Highlighters very different compared to the Super Glow colors. The Super Glow has a more intense frost. Shimmer-wise I found them similar to the Laura Mercier Face Illuminator but not as sparkly, just more iridescent. The NARS Highlighting Powders have a slightly more subtle sheen to them.
Two sets of swatch comparisons below. First set next to the All Over Face and Body Glow Powders (reviewed here). Also next to a couple of the powders from the Diamond Blush Palette in Darya and Citrus (review here).
Camel Eyeshadow Palette
Neutral eyeshadows are having their moment and I could not be more excited about this. The Camel Eyeshadow Palette has one shimmer shade, three mattes and one satiny shimmer. This went in my cart the second it popped up online. I was going to buy it but the same day I got a tracking alert that this was headed my way as a press sample. As much as I love her sparkle shadows, sometimes they are too shimmery for me so having a neutral with only 1 sparkle is amazing to me. This is a neutral-warm neutral palette. Pigment is ultra rich and smooth. I love that Copper Stone applies on top of the mattes beautifully with full blendable pigment. NARS Mojave Eyeshadow Quad by comparison pulls more cool in undertone while this Camel is more beige/tan. Chanel Clair Obscur almost looks blue-ish as Camel is warmer in undertone.
The palette colors include:
- Arrosto 185 CM a deep matte brown
- Dune 186S a soft shimmery ivory
- Safari 187 CM a medium cool brown
- Copper Stone 188 M a glimmering bronze
- Zand 189 CM a medium warm brown
All new colors on the face, also wearing:
- Foundation – MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC35
- Powder – Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Powder in 2
- Concealer – Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Concealer in 3W* (swatches here)
- Eyeshadow – Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Stick in Rose Gold all over as a base, Natasha Denona Camel Eyeshadow Palette all shades on eyes
- Brow – NARS Brow Perfector in Komo* (swatches here)
- Mascara – Bobbi Brown Eye Opening Mascara
- Eyeliner – Pat McGrath Permagel Eyeliner in Blitz Brown (swatches here)
- Highlighter – Natasha Denona Super Glow top to bottom 01, 02 and 03
- Lips – Pat McGrath Matte Trance in Christy* (swatches here)
Full look with my favorite Super Glow 02 Light-Medium and added blush in Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Mood Exposure:
Overall excellent products. The quality, texture and lasting power is really good. Everything stayed put on the face from morning well into late afternoon without budging. I do think I could find similar colors for the highlighters, but I’m really drawn to 02 Light Medium for my skintone. I think 03 Bronze confuses me a little because of the name. I don’t really see any bronze, it’s a true yellow gold to my eyes. Alone it’s definitely too yellow for my skin but it does layer nicely with other blushes. Camel is a must-have to me. I think it has perfect undertone that isn’t too cool and has the slightest bit of warmth without any orange to them. The mattes blend perfectly in a way that aren’t muddy on the skin.
You can find the Natasha Denona Super Glow and Camel Eyeshadow Palette out now. Available at Sephora and Beautylish. I highly recommend both. If you’re shopping at Sephora, don’t forget they’re having a Beauty Insider Appreciation event! You can use promo code once online, but you can use it in stores an unlimited amount of times. Valid in both US and Canada:
- Rouge Members: 20% off with code YESROUGE, valid 8/24 through 9/3
- VIB Members: 15% off with code YESVIB, valid 8/30 through 9/3
- Beauty Insiders: 10% off with code YESINSIDER, valid 8/30 through 9/3
Natasha Denona Super Glow + Camel provided for review. Other press samples featured indicated with a star next to the listing.