Becca launched a new palette with Chrissy Teigen called the Becca x Chrissy Teigen Glow Face Palette ($46 for 15 g/0.53 oz) and it’s absolutely stunning. It has four colors for the face including two highlighters, a bronzer and a blush – I have loved them on both the face and eyes. For a palette I think the price point is fairly reasonable – it comes in a pretty girly rose gold compact with a glossy pink exterior.
A closer look at the palette and descriptions of the colors. All the shades have excellent pigment, smooth finish and blend beautifully on the skin. The color is easy to control for either a sheerer wash or pigmented color. All the shades look like they will be universally flattering. The shimmer is visible but not over the top.
- Rose Gold Highlighter is peachy rose with gold shimmer
- Hibiscus Bloom Blush is a soft warm pink with a hint of gold glow
- Malibu Soleil Bronzer is a medium warm bronze
- Beach Nectar is a pretty champagne peach
I did a quick look a few posts back with the Tatcha Cherry Blossom lips, I’ll repost here so you can see it:
A closer look, the shimmer is just so pretty!
If you think this palette looks similar to a lot of other highlighters or palettes you’re right. There are similarities so if you already own a lot of Becca products and don’t want duplicates you may want to shop your stash. That being said I do think this one is quite stunning.
Three sets of comparison swatches for you! Set 1 includes the Becca x Chrissy Teigen vs Becca x Jaclyn Hill (from last year):
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Champagne Pop (individual, review here)
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Rose Gold (individual) – the Rose Gold in the palette seems a tiny bit darker than the individual one you can buy separately
- Tom Ford Reflects Gilt (review here)
- NARS Banc de Sable Highlighter Palette (also reviewed here)
- Becca Sunlit Bronzer in Bronzed Bondi (review here)
- Becca Luminous Blush in Snapdragon (review here)
Bottom line, dupeable but still gorgeous. I see a lot of similarities between last year’s Becca collaboration with Jaclyn Hill and also with individual colors from the line. You can definitely get a similar look with other products but the convenience of having these in a single palette will be very handy for upcoming spring to summer travels. I ordered mine and have no regrets even though I have a few other Becca items. The quality and pigment is on point – it really is very very good. Also I think the price point makes this a reasonable buy.
The colors are perfect to brighten the face with a lovely flush of color and glow without being overdone or too frosty. I love that the shimmers aren’t harsh and that there is no yellow gold in them (they tend to look super harsh on my olive skin). I highly recommend this.