I’m back with a look at the new Pat McGrath Rose Decadence Collection today! Pat McGrath Labs launched new items for eyes and lips. I have a full review featuring the MTHRSHP Eye Palette in Rose Decadence, Lip Fetish Divinyl Lip Shines + a three of the new Permagel Ultra Lip Pencils. You can find the entire collection along with some bundle value sets online at Pat McGrath.
MTHRSHP Eye Palette in Rose Decadence
The MTHRSHP Eye Palette in Rose Decadence ($65 for 6 shades) features a mix of mattes, satins and shimmers in warm rosey tone colors. I think the formula for each color is true to her quality standards for most of her palettes. Each color performed well with smooth application and easy to blend textures. Colors do pull very pink/plum which may not be the easiest to pull off for everyone. I think they’re really lovely for a glam rosy look, but color-wise I think her Mothership Divine Rose is easier to wear for everyday as it pulls a lot more neutral.
- Pink Champagne is a shimmery pink with a white/gold sheen, on my skin (love this one!)
- Peach Dusk is a warm satin peachy pink (pulls more coral in real life than the swatch shows)
- Fuchsia Flame is a shimmery plum pink pearl mix
- Hedonistic Rose is a matte plum (applies better on eyes than it swatches on hand)
- Scandalous is a shimmery orange copper
- Golden Honey is a metallic sparkling gold
Lip Fetish Divinyl Lip Shines
Lip Fetish Divinyl Lip Shines ($36 each) are a new formula of ultra pigmented lip shine lipsticks. They have more pigment than her Lip Fetish Sheer Colour Lip Balms (which have also been repackaged). The Lip Fetish Divinyl Lip Shines are creamy high-shine comfortable feeling lipsticks. Pigment shows up better on the lips than on a hand swatch. Lasting power is average for a lipstick – they stay put on the lips and fade nicely like a balm. I think all the colors are ultra flattering for a classic bold lip look. Easy to wear year round regardless of season or occasion.
Colors swatched on the face below, wearing:
- Foundation – Pat McGrath Skin Fetish Sublime Foundation in Light Medium 14
- Powder – Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Powder Medium 2
- Bronzer – Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Bronzing Cream in 390 Soleil Tan Bronze Universel
- Blush + Highlighter – Chanel Joues Contraste Rose Bronze + MAC Hyperreal Flash + Awe
- Eyeshadow – MTHRSHP Rose Decadence* in Pink Champagne, Peach Dusk, Hedonistic Rose
- Eyeliner – Pat McGrath Perma Precision Liquid Liner*
- Mascara – Pat McGrath Dark Star Mascara*
- Top – Everlane
- Nail Polish – Chanel Le Vernis Egerie* (Fall 2020 collection review soon)
Lip Fetish Divinyl Lip Shine in Nude Venus is a light beige pink neutral with a shiny finish
Boudoir Rose is a bright pink
Electric Lotus is a bold warm red/coral
Belle Amour is a pretty pigmented cool plum
Temptress is a berry red
Love Interest is a bright blue-based pink-red
Permagel Ultra Lip Pencils
Last but not least are a few new lip pencils. There are 10 new shades of the Permagel Ultra Lip Pencils ($28 each). I like these for an opaque lip pencil that stays put without budging once it sets. I ordered three of the new ones and swatched them next to the other Pat McGrath neutrals I own. New colors above include Half Naked (pale neutral dusty pink), Star Struck (medium rose pink) and Structure (neutral medium brown).
Overall a solid collection of new launches. The Lip Fetish Divinyl Lip Shines are super nice if you’re looking for a comfortable high pigment shine lipstick. I cannot pick a favorite although I do really like the look of Boudoir Rose and Belle Amour the most. The new Rose Decadence eyeshadow palette won’t be for everyone as I know rose tones for eyes aren’t everyone’s cup of tea. I do think the quality and pigment is excellent – lasting power, texture and ease of blending is top notch. I haven’t had a chance to play with the lip pencils yet, but Structure seems to be the perfect brown I’ve been looking for. I do love the other lip pencils I have from her line and the new shades are the same quality-wise.
You can find the new Pat McGrath launches available now online at Pat McGrath. Some have popped up at Sephora as well. If you’re shopping multiple colors I highly recommend you check out the bundles at Pat McGrath – she offers a nice price break on her sets!
Pat McGrath Lip Fetish and Rose Decadence palette provided for review. Other press samples marked with a *. Other items featured purchased by me.