Pat McGrath Labs launches keep getting better and better and her latest is the Mothership V Bronze Seduction Eyeshadow Palette ($125 for 13.2 g/ 0.47 oz, made in Italy, available at Pat McGrath and Sephora). I’ve had my eye on many of her large 10-pan palettes but was a little intimidated by the glitter and bold colors. I am beyond thrilled to be able to test this one out and it does not disappoint. It’s quite glitzy so if you don’t do glitter shadows this will definitely not be for you and I’d recommend you check out her 6-pan MTHRSHP Eyeshadow Palettes instead. I am beyond obsessed with all three options and love very much. I consider myself to be a conservative shadow wearer but indulge in some glitters every now and then. Not all glitters are created equal and the ones from Pat McGrath are quite special.
The Mothership V Bronze Seduction Eyeshadow Palette has ten eyeshadows that have a variety of textures. The formulas are really good in terms of color payoff and ease of blending. Some apply better with fingers in a patting motion. Others work better with a brush. I do want to mention that I’ve only had this palette for a couple days so this is more of a first impressions post. I did two eye looks to test everything and have one of them shown later in the post.
The colors in the palette include:
- Skinshow Divine Glow is a soft shimmery white gold champagne
- Entrapment is a warm matte brown
- Bronze Blaze is a sparkling bronze copper
- Rose Gold 005 is an iridescent glitter pink copper
- VR Fire Opal is a duochrome gold and flashes green
- Xtreme Aubergine is a deep matte plum
- Gilty Pleasure is a sparkling brass glitter
- Disobedient is a warm red brown matte
- Blitz Flame is a smooth metallic deep red
- Astral Luna Gold is a chunky gold sparkle
My favorites are Skinshow, Bronze Blaze and Gilty Pleasure. For the two glitters I find patting them over the mattes with my fingers resulted in a super pretty bronzed eye look. The color Rose Gold 005 is a super sparkly rose pink that flashes copper sparkle – it’s also a nice top coat shadow. Blitz Flame surprised me as I’m not a red shadow wearer but when I layer it with any of the matte browns it transforms into a deeper almost plum bronze with a little bit of red.
With the glitters there is a little bit of fall out when you apply. This is why I feel patting with fingers is best. Once on the lids they stay put pretty well. By the late afternoon I only had a tiny bit of fall out under the eyes.
The mattes did not swatch well on my arm. I’m not sure why mattes do that sometimes but on the eyes with a brush they performed just fine. They blend just fine on the eyes as a lid or liner color.
I’ve never had so much trouble photographing swatches. These shadows are so multi-dimensional they flash different colors depending on the angle. I highly recommend you check out the swatch video on her Instagram @patmcgrathreal because it shows the dimension and color best.
Look wearing the following (press samples indicated with a *):
- Foundation – NARS Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation Vanuatu* (review here)
- Powder – Armani Luminous Silk Pressed Powder #4 (fav setting powders here)
- Blush – Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Luminous Flush
- Eyes – Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerise in Norma Jean as a base, Pat McGrath Mothership V Palette* with Skinshow Divine Glow, Bronze Blaze, Gilty Pleasure and Xtreme Aubergine
- Mascara – NARS Climax Mascara*
- Lips – Pat McGrath Lust Gloss* in Aprodisiac (review here) over LuxeTrance Lipstick in Sextrology (swatches here)
The Mothership V Palette is glitzy and full on glam but very pretty for special occasions or for when you want some extra sparkle. If you feel the sparkle is too much you may want to opt for the NARSissist Wanted Eyeshadow Palette (still available at Ulta right now) or the Singapore Eyeshadow Quad. They have a similar vibe color-wise but aren’t as glittery.
Overall jaw dropping gorgeous. Because it’s got a lot of sparkle I know it’s not going to be everyone’s cup of tea but I think it’s worth looking into. Have you tried any of the other Pat McGrath Labs Eyeshadow palettes? What did you think?
You can find the Mothership V Bronze Seduction Eyeshadow Palette out now online at Pat McGrath and Sephora.
For one day they’re having a 10% off discount with code on the palette with promo code SEDUCTION at checkout. Terms conditions: Offer ends at 11:59PM EDT on Friday, September 7, 2018. Enter code SEDUCTION during checkout at www.patmcgrath.com to receive 10% off MOTHERSHIP V: Bronze Seduction Eye Palette. Limit one use per customer. Offer applies to authorized purchases only; only authorized orders will be processed and shipped. We reserve the right to cancel any order due to unauthorized, altered or ineligible use of offer and to modify or cancel the promotion at any time. Other restrictions may apply.
Palette provided for review.