Victoria Beckham Posh Lipsticks recently launched and I could not be more excited! She launched nine colors of hydrating lipsticks and I ordered six of them from her website Victoria Beckham Beauty. The lipsticks seem to be an exclusive on her website for the time being, but you can also find her products at a few other places like Violet Grey and Net-A-Porter. Her Posh Lipsticks come in a slim twist up tube and retail for $38 each.
The formula is ultra smooth and creamy. They glide on the lips in a beautiful way and have a slight waxy feel. I would say coverage is sheer-medium with most of the colors except the darker ones which have medium pigment. A few swipes back and forth covers the lip entirely with a natural sheen. Finish-wise I would say they’re somewhere in between lightweight and heavy – but they are really comfortable. Lasting power is ok – they fade within a few hours but these days I don’t mind something that doesn’t last super long since I have to take off lip color anyways anytime I wear a mask. To extend the wear or have more pigment, I’d definitely recommend layering with a lip pencil.
I skipped the lightest shade, the red and one of the browns. All the colors are creams (no shimmer). I think they’re beautiful everyday kinds of classics! I have a lot of natural pigment in my lips so if your lips aren’t as dark, these will show up a lot better on your lips/complexion. While I was able to get full coverage I still feel like my natural lip showed through a little.
Colors I hauled:
- Girl is a light pink beige cream
- Spice is a brown beige ginger
- Pout is a sheer light pink peach
- Pose is a muted mauve
- Sway is a soft mauve berry
- Play is a deeper wine plum
Full face swatches, also wearing:
- Foundation – Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion in Dusk 3W1
- Powder – Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder in Honey *
- Blush/Bronzer/Highlight – Hourglass Sculpture Collection Palette (review here)
- Eyeshadow – Tom Ford Eyeshadow Quad in Honeymoon + Victoria Beckham Beauty Lid Lustre in Mink
- Mascara – EM Cosmetics Pick Me Up Mascara *
- Liner – EM Cosmetics Illustrative Eyeliner * (mascara + liner also in one of their Holiday Cozy Essentials Sets)
- Tee – ATM Schoolboy Tee (my favorite basic tee that doesn’t shrink in the wash)
- Nail Polishes – Chanel Le Vernis in Egerie (pink peach) and Organdi (nude pink) – I shot these photos over the course of a few different days and had switched up the polish
Below top to bottom: Spice, Girl, Pout, Sway, Pose and Play
Girl and Pout are both a bit too light for my natural lip color but if I wear a lip pencil underneath and blend first I can make them work. I love the look of Spice even though it pulls a bit brown on my skin. My favorites are Pose and Sway. Based on my swatching experience I think Fringe (a brown shade I skipped) might have been a good one too!
Overall experience is positive for me and I’m happy with my haul picks. I love the sleek slim packaging and even though these are on the spendy side I do think they were worth ordering. I would have liked to see more color options in the medium color range (versus the pale or deep end) – but I think this is a great start to the lineup. They perform well, texture is beautiful, pigment is sheer but lovely. They’re a great no-fuss kind of classic lip that offers hydration and sheer medium coverage.
Formula-wise I wouldn’t call these the best of the best simply because I prefer colors with a little more pigment but I think they are very good. For me my heart still belongs to the Pat McGrath lineup because of the color selection and pigment. I also prefer the Chantecaille Lip Veils (for pigment and color selection).
You can find the Victoria Beckham Beauty Lipsticks available online at her website Victoria Beckham Beauty. Have you tried any of these yet? What did you think?