The Pat McGrath Mothership VII Divine Rose Eyeshadow Palette ($125) has returned and I am so excited to share my review and swatches today. This originally launched last year in limited quantities. It’s made a few restock appearances and has always sold out online. I managed to order this during one of the previous restocks and could not be more thrilled. I really hope they will consider making this permanent! It’s available online at Pat McGrath. UPDATE: Also now available at Sephora as of April 17th!
The Mothership VII Divine Rose Palette has a mix of mattes, shimmers, iridescent shades and one glitter. The pigment is excellent on all the colors with an easy to blend formula. The looks are endless with this one and I think it has a great combination of neutrals, rose tones and more edgy shimmers.
Colors include a mix of mainly new colors with three relaunch colors. Skinshow Nude is also in the Mothership Subliminal Palette, Rose Dusk is also in the Mothership Sublime, Astral Solstice is also in the Mothership Midnight Sun.
- Skinshow Nude is a soft shimmery champagne
- Velouria is a matte dusty mauve (pulls darker on the skin than what I see in the pan)
- Sable Bronze is a shimmery bronze (love this one)
- Refined Gold 002 is an iridescent gold
- Iridescent Pink 003 is a duo-chrome white pink that flashes a bit of lavender and cooler tone pink
- Xtreme Mahogany is a matte rich warm brown
- Love Lace is a shimmery taupe with silver flecks
- Rose Dusk is a shimmery soft muted rose plum
- VR Rose Venus is a duo-chrome orange pink with gold shimmer, the mix makes it look more peachy on my skin rather than orange
- Astral Solstice is a chunky ivory glitter that has a super wet look effect
Beauty look below:
- Foundation Armani Luminous Silk 6.5
- Powder Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Pressed in Medium
- Blush + Highlighter Kosas Color and Light Duo in Longitude Zero
- Lips Pat McGrath Lip Pencil in Suburbia + LUST Gloss in Sunset Rose
- Eyes are Mothership Divine Rose with a mix of Velouria, Skinshow Nude, Xtreme Mahogany, Rose Dusk and VR Rose layered together
- Eyeliner is Pat McGrath Perma Precision Liquid Eyeliner
- Mascara is Lancome Monsieur Big
- Nail Polish is Essie Crop Top & Roll
- Top Reformation Delia (runs small, recommend sizing up at least 2 sizes)
Lasting power was excellent for me with the combinations I tried. There was some fallout with application as some of the shadows are super soft but it was easy to clean up afterwards. Once on the eyes they stayed put and lasted all day for me. The only color I wasn’t too crazy about is the Astral Solstice because it’s a glitter. Application is ok if applied in a patting motion on the eyes, with a brush the sparkles ended up all over my face.
Overall though I give this palette a solid A for colors, quality and texture. Definitely worth the splurge for me! I think the rose tones are very wearable and have enough of a muted/neutral undertone that it doesn’t give me a pink-eye look. I keep staring at the rose pink box though thinking how awesome it would be to have the colors on the box in gloss, lipstick or blush shades!
You can find the Pat McGrath Mothership VII Divine Rose palette online at Pat McGrath and at Sephora.
Have you tried this one yet? What did you think?