A few of you have e-mailed me asking “what are your top picks for nails?” This is a tough question! As with many other products, my favorites are subject to change week after week. I’ve picked 5 color categories of what my must-haves for nails are. My favorites fall mainly within a few select brands, but many of my readers either don’t like the brand, formula or price. However, those who do love the same brands as me, for each category I’ve included my right-now favorites by brand/color. Most of these have been previously featured. (Update: It appears the sidebar google search isn’t working so I’ve linked past reviews to each name as applicable below.)
I think everyone needs:
- A hot peach or orange for tips or toes: my picks are Chanel Miami Peach, Dior Aloha and Rescue Beauty Lounge Coral
- Something fun and different: my picks are Chanel Riva (here and here), Mimosa and Black Pearl
- Something pale and neutral: my picks are Chanel Django, D&G Nude, Chanel Jade Rose (here and here)
- Something sophisticated like a vampy plum or drop-dead red: my picks include Rococo Reissue, Rococo Brocade, Chanel Dragon and NARS Chinatown
- Girly feminine pinks: my picks are Dior Flapper Pink (here and here), Chanel Morning Rose (here too) and Chanel Rose Insolent
A few nail spam pictures
The Beauty Look Book is going on a mini-summer break from blogging the month of June. I have quite a few projects coming up which will require more time and dedication. But not to worry! Blog posting for me will not come to a complete halt this next month although there will be a significant slow down in the upcoming weeks. I will have limited time to respond to e-mails or comments but will keep you updated on my latest finds in the upcoming month and complete a few more reviews on things I’ve been loving but haven’t had time to write about yet.
The inside my new Chanel feature will be posted sometime later this week.