I’m a neutral lip lover and in honor of National Lipstick Day I’ve narrowed down all my favorites to my top 5 neutrals. This includes lipstick only – I’m still a lip gloss and tinted balm lover at heart, but for lipsticks these are my favorites of the moment. I broke out my backups of these for today’s post. Each of these colors I’ve already gone through at least 1 full tube – this is how I narrowed down my picks for my top 5. If I have used them up and repurchased it must be good because it usually takes me forever to use anything up. On the nails in the top photo is OPI Samoan Sand (with three coats).
- Tom Ford Lips and Boys in Bradley is probably my most-worn nude since it launched, lip swatches here and compared to the Girls here
- Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution in Pillow Talk is the best my lips but better neutral pink, on the lips here
- Sisley Phyto-Lip Twist #11 Litchi is the prettiest soft peachy nude, it was such a splurge but 100% worth it (never swatched it on the blog, but will be swatching more of this formula soon)
- MAC Matte Lipstick in Yash is a great matte neutral nude, I can’t find lip swatches of this one on the blog but I do have it arm swatched here, also love Patisserie, Touch, Velvet Teddy and Mehr
- Pat McGrath LuxeTrance in Sextrology is an easy to wear baby pink that doesn’t wash out my tan complexion, lip swatches here
I’ve also included a few more runner ups and I’ve linked previous lip swatches for each color below. These are some neutrals I love for their texture, lasting power, creamy feel and color. There’s one matte which is the Laura Mercier color below – I add balm to it because the formula can pull a bit dry but the color is perfect.
Lip reviews + swatches linked below:
- Marc Jacobs Hydrating Lip Gloss Stick in Mocha Choco-Lata
- Marc Jacobs New Nudes Sheer Gel Lipstick in Dreamgirl
- Tom Ford Lip Colors in Sable Smoke, Autoerotique, Pink Dusk
- Hourglass Confession Lipstick in I Lust For
- NARS Audacious Lipstick in Barbara
- Laura Mercier Velour Extreme Lipstick in Vibe
What are your best neutrals for lipsticks?