Clé de Peau Beauté launched a new lip product for fall called Radiant Liquid Rouge ($48 each for 5.5 ml/0.18 oz). These are luxurious lip lacquers with medium-full rich coverage and a glossy sheen. The texture is smooth and once they set on the lips they thicken a bit into a more gel-like finish. I picked up four shades at the counter, neutrals/natural shades of course in 11, 12, 13 and 14. For those curious about the other shades in the lineup, Bubbly Michelle has the entire collection for fall swatched (8 lip colors total).
The Radiant Liquid Rouge comes with a sponge-tip applicator in a very sturdy tube. I’m not entirely sure what the base packaging is made of but it feels like it could be glass. The colors I picked are suitable for everyday wear if you like natural colors. They do have a soft perfumed scent but it’s not too strong. Lasting power wise they stay put relatively well for a liquid lip lacquer and fade evenly. They have a hydrating feel to them although I am not sure they have any skincare properties in them.
- 11 is a peachy beige cream. It does take a bit of blending and swiping on my pigmented lips to smooth out. I apply one layer, let it set, and then apply a second thin layer to smooth out the color. A lip brush can also help.
- 12 is a medium rose brown cream, on my complexion it pulls a bit warmer, but on my arm it’s more of a neutral kind of shade
- 13 is a cool shimmering rose. This pulls bright and slightly cool but has enough rose to balance out the cool undertone.
- 14 is a pinky peach cream. This is the only one I had issues with streaks but I suspect those with lighter lip tones or those who can easily wear these kinds of colors will have no issue. For me this is one of those super high-maintenance shades that contrasts with my natural lip tone and therefore looks streaky. I personally prefer the Dior Addict Fluid Stick in Tiny Pink which is similar but less streaky on my lips.
A look at the shades in sunlight to better show the colors:
Two sets of comparison swatches in an attempt to find dupes:
- Tarteist Glossy Lip Paint in Obvi and Goals
- Dior Addict Fluid Stick in Beige Whisper (review here)
- Urban Decay High Color Gloss in Kinky
- NARS Lip Cover in Get Dirty (swatched here)
- Anastasia Lip Gloss in Toffee (on lips here)
- Anastasia Lip Gloss in Kristen and Vintage (swatched here)
- NARS Lip Gloss in Dolce Vita (swatched here)
- MAC Vamplify in Tuned In
- Kat Von D Beauty Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita (swatched here)
Set two of swatch comparisons:
- Chanel Rouge Double in Light Rose
- Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip in Dopey
- MAC Lipglass in Lovechild
- Burberry Kisses Lip Gloss in Antique Rose (swatched on lips here)
- Anastasia Lip Gloss in Metallic Rose (swatched here)
- Dior Addict Fluid Stick in Tiny Pink (reviewed here, Sephora exclusive)
- Louboutin Loubilaque in Bikini
- Tom Ford Lip Gloss in Peach Absolut
Out of all the shades I bought, I am most smitten with 11 the nude peach beige and 13 the shimmering pink rose. 12 is nice to have and I suspect better suited for fall due to the brown undertones. 14 is high maintenance for me – it takes a lot of work to get streak-free, but once it’s properly blended on my lips the color is really pretty. I don’t own a lot of Cle de Peau items – I tend to avoid the line because of the high price points, but I’ve been happy with everything I have tried from the line. The Cotton Pads are among the best I’ve tried (why I think so in this post here) and it’s one I will never stop buying (it’s well worth the splurge, although they have gone up in price since I reviewed them).
While at the counter I was seriously tempted by the new Luminizing Face Enhancer in Almond. It had a really pretty glowy sheen to it. I have a few other shades that I’ve bought and really like. I stick to my original assessment that I think the price point is just too much (even if you just buy the refills) but it’s one of those products I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with if you splurge. Given the vast number of highlighters I own I decided to pass.
As for the Radiant Liquid Rouge, I think one or two are well worth the splurge. The formula and pigment is top notch and I can’t really fault 14 because of my pigmented lips. As fall collections and launches start to trickle in, I’m sure there will be a number of new lip products coming out. Fall always seems to be the season for new lip formulas. You may want to wait a few weeks as September is just around the corner when most of the fall collections will be out.
I’ll be reviewing my picks from the Louboutin Loubilaque line soon, quick takeaway to compare the Louboutin vs Cle de Peau Beaute is that I prefer the Louboutin finish and coverage, but both are really good.
You can find the Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Liquid Rouge now. Available at Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman and Clé de Peau Beauté.
Have you tried these yet? What colors did you test or buy?