My Nordstrom hauls, mostly from online orders:
- Antica Farmacista Santorini Reed Diffuser – I discovered the Acqua Reed Diffuser as shown in this home luxuries post and fell in love. Several of you told me there were a number of options on sale at Nordstrom. I bought five variations of the 8.5 oz version. I haven’t opened any of them yet – for those who use these, do you use one at a time completely before opening another one? Unlike candles, I suspect you can use for a little bit and store away since the reeds become completely soaked with the oils?
- Antica Farmacista Reed Diffuser in Bergamot and Ocean Aria because I love the body cream version of this scent.
- Ivanka Trump Ellyn Lace Up Sandals in Rich Chestnut suede are super comfortable and I found them to be true to size. The color is just a tiny bit darker than the stock photo but very close, heel is at 2.5 inches which makes them easy to walk in and 100% pain-free (at least for me).
- Bobbi Brown Highlighting Powder in Telluride is actually something I ordered from Sephora, but accidentally put it with the Nordstrom haul, it’s a luminous soft pink with a very pearly finish, full review next week.
- Louboutin Loubilaque in Akenana and Bikini (not on sale), based on the good performance I saw with the Rouge Louboutin Loubilaque, I decided to order a few other shades, I haven’t tested them on my lips yet because I swatched a number of other lip products the past couple of days and one item ruined my lips so I’m waiting for them to rebalance/recover.
- YSL Vinyl Lip Cream in 404, 407 and 412 are items I was really excited to try. I adore the Glossy Stains (reviewed here and here) and a cream version just sounded like a dream come true. 407 and 412 worked perfectly like a lightweight stain but in creamy form. 404 gave me a WTF moment – it was extremely streaky and for some reason turned my bottom lip bright red, almost like a reaction but there was no tingle, sting or odd feeling. It’s now about 24 hours after I lip swatched it and my lip is still red. I tried makeup remover, cleanser and a very gentle rub with a washcloth – it’s the oddest thing!
- Vince Camuto Drape Front Blazer is something I stalked the web for the anniversary sale, it went out of stock in Size 0 and 2 but restocked. I’ve been searching for a white blazer for a long time and this has a drapey flowy fabric that feels comfortable. It’s a tiny bit long in the arms for me, but fits the shoulders well – it will need minor alterations for me, but I really like it.
- Vince Camuto Feina Booties are items I ordered as well, my local store was sold out, but they found them for me and had them shipped to my home. This is the first time I’ve tried Vince Camuto boots so I don’t know how they size compared to other styles. The sales associate recommended I size down since in her experience they run big. Size 6 fits like a glove with room for thin socks.
- Hudson Nico Ankle Super Skinny Jeans are very comfortable and they fit like a glove. The fabric is thick enough to be sturdy but not stiff so these feel good to wear. I’m normally one who opts for Paige, but I was really pleased with these. The raw hem gives them an edgy look. As one who is short, these are the perfect length that I don’t need them hemmed.
- Sephora Play! July box contents includes minis of Benefit Dew the Hoola, Ouai Wave Spray, Smashbox Photofinish Foundation Primer, First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser, NEST Citrine Perfume and Beautyblender Blottertazzi, I have yet to try everything in last month’s box, but Dew the Hoola is swatched here
- Urban Decay 24-7 Glide On Lip Pencil in Peyote is a cool-toned neutral pink with a tiny bit of shimmer, it’s a great light pinky color that does last a long time
- Bare Minerals GEN NUDE Radiant Lipstick in Strip is a medium nude pink beige – finally balmy glossy lipsticks that have pigment! I picked up two shades (yes, they look almost identical) and love love love the way these feel and look, they’re effortless kinds of nude with the feel of Chanel Rouge Coco Shines but more pigment.
- Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Trance is a gorgeous pinky mauve shimmer, formula feels a bit thick and dry without a base but it does stay put on the lips, I’ll need to experiment more with bases on this one. It’s not drying, it just looks a bit dry if that makes sense.
- Bare Minerals GEN NUDE Radiant Lipstick in Honeybun is a nude beige tan cream.
- Formula X Color Curators in Makeup by Rose XOXO Edition in Mahhveous Rose, Puffin! and Acoustick Dreams, these look gorgeous for fall, I’ll have swatches of all three shades soon.
- Hourglass Vanish Seamless Foundation in Nude which is one shade darker than Warm Ivory but too dark for my skintone. Warm Ivory is a better match, but if I mix both shades the match is a 100% exact match.
- Kat Von D Lock-It Creme Concealer in M19 and M27 – I matched myself in store and can’t believe I braved using a tester on my face in store. When I applied it my skin was a bit dewy as it was late afternoon and hot. It blended to a flawless finish so I bought two shades. When I got home and tested it the following days I found it looked cakey and patchy under eyes on my regular skin. I’m still testing with other eye creams and primers as a base to see how best to make it work. I’m not ruling it out quite yet, I’m determined to put it to the full test as I really like her foundation.
- Becca Champagne Splits in Flowerchild and Champagne Pop – by this point I have Champagne Pop in all the forms possible and I do think it’s a bit overkill. The individual powder and poured cream (both swatched here) are my favorites. I definitely did not need it in a split pan with a blush, but what can I say – I think we all get sucked in sometimes by pretty packaging.
- NARS Sculpting Multiple Duos in all three options, review to follow as soon as I can!
- Formula X The System Xcel is something that just popped up online, I already own and use the original System (reviewed here a while ago), the Xcel set is designed for a gel-effect so I’m curious to see how it compares to the original!
- Beauty Insider Points minis
All the Kat Von D Lock-It Creme Concealer shades swatched, if you’re NARS Ginger the closest match is M25 and M27:
Enter via the widget below, there are several ways to enter:
- You must be 18 years or older
- Open internationally
- Three distinct winners will be selected at random via Rafflecopter
- Winners will be selected at random on Sunday afternoon and contacted via e-mail by me
- If you’re a selected winner you must send me a response confirming within 48 hours or another winner will be selected, prizes will be sent by the following business day
Formula X #ColorCurators: Song of Style CollectionJanuary 31, 2016
The three shades in this collection include three cream colors:
- A Girl’s Best Friend is a pastel pink
- Mintfluencer is a pastel mint cream
- Nude for You is a beige tan nude
Best in Beauty 2015: The Beauty Look Book Favorites for Hands and NailsDecember 31, 2015
- Marc Jacobs Hi-Shine Enamored Nail Lacquer in Daisy – this is one I’ve owned for a couple years but everytime I wear it I always get asked “what’s on your nails?” it’s the prettiest soft pearly color that makes the hands look polished
- Chanel Le Vernis in Beige Rose – best baby pink cream nail color
- Dior Vernis in Lady – so sad this was limited-edition, the prettiest powder pink, I wish I bought a backup bottle
- Dior Vernis in Sunkissed – also limited-edition but still available at Macy’s and Saks Fifth Avenue, the best nude peach cream
- Tom Ford Sugar Dune – this was a limited-edition color from spring 2014 but made a comeback this year and was added to the permanent lineup, it’s the closest one to Dior Lady and such a polished beauty
- Louboutin Scarabée Nail Polish Collection – the three had to be the prettiest nail colors launched this past year, I was happy to get them before they sold out, looking forward to what they will release this upcoming year
- Rescue Beauty Lounge everything, in particular the R29 Collection – RIP RBL, you were one of my favorite nail polish lines, I was very sad to see the line go, but their polishes will always have a very special place in my heart
- L’Occitane x Pierre Hermé Hand Creams – L’Occitane launched such an amazing with their holiday collection this year, I fell in love with everything in the Pierre Hermé line and am embarrassed to admit how many shower gels and hand creams I stocked up on because they are limited-edition, right now you can still find Miel Mandarine and Pamplemousse Rhubarbe online but I don’t suspect they will be available for long
- Deborah Lippmann Cuticle Remover and Cuticle Oil – both of these remain at the top of my list for DIY nail essentials, I use them weekly and had to replace both because I use them so often
- Molton Brown Hand Cream in Pink Pepperpod – the most unique refreshing scent I’ve tried
- Tweezerman Pushy Cuticle Pusher – still the best one I’ve tried, although if you have any good ones to recommend I’m all ears
- Chanel Chataigne – from the fall collection earlier this year, initially I thought it was so similar to other vamps but it grew on me, best vampy shade launched this year
- Chanel Top Coat Lamé Rouge Noir – prettiest gold glitter top coat launched this year, I hope you were able to get one! It’s limited-edition
- Marc Jacobs Hi Shine Enamored Nail Lacquer in Wine Not – best metallic wine color released this year, it sold out almost instantly but was restocked online at Marc Jacobs Beauty, if you haven’t tried it you need to
- Nails Inc. 45 Second Top Coat – I don’t think I reviewed this in detail although I did mention it in this post here, one of the best top coats I tried this year and doesn’t cause shrinkage with other nail polish brands
- Formula X Nail Cleaner and Base Coat – I’ve found the Nail Cleaner to be a game changer, having a completely clean nail surface makes all the difference in helping polish adhere to the nails, the Base Coat has been a staple all year long, it’s what I’ve used the most and I can’t recommend it enough
Sephora Beauty Insider VIB Rouge 15% Off Event Starts Today: 4/12 through 4/21/2015April 12, 2015
- Simple Human Sensor Mirror $200 (reviewed here) best beauty tool ever
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzers $50 each (reviewed here)
- Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil $48 (reviewed here)
- Beautyblender Original $19.95 (reviewed here) the pink one is the best one
- Deborah Lippmann Cuticle Oil and Cuticle Remover $20 each (reviewed here)
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Le Marc Lip Creme $30 each (swatches of all colors here)
- Caudalie Purifying Mask and Detox Mask $39 each just arrived a few days from my order, I couldn’t wait for the sale to try these, I’ve tested these two and they are incredibly gentle on the skin but very effective – detailed review as I test the other two
- NARS Dual Intensity Blushes $45 each come in six options, I’ve been obsessed with Craving although I haven’t had a chance to post the review yet, since these are pricey now is a good time to save on these
- Glamglow Supercleanse $39 (reviewed here) and Supermud Mask $69 (reviewed here)
- Make Up For Ever Dany’s Pouch $31 is something I bought at The Makeup Show LA, it’s a round brush holder you can use for travel, it’s sturdy so your brushes won’t get smashed if you put the case in a large carry on or suitcase
- Make Up For Ever Instant Brush Cleaner $22 is another purchase I acquired at The Makeup Show LA, it’s a good quick cleaner spray that is available in a small travel size (review soon)
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Style Eye-Con No. 7 $59 each has a new color palette out for summer called The Lover, I caved on this and The Lolita (The Dreamer reviewed here)
- Fresh Sugar Nude $22.50 (reviewed here)
- Formula X Base Coat $10.50 (reviewed here)
- Urban Decay Naked 2 and Naked 3 $54 each (swatches here)
- Dior Brilliant Lip Shine $35 (reviewed here)
- SK-II Facial Treatment Mask $135 for 10 sheets or $17 for 1 sheet (reviewed here)
- Koh Gen Do Spa Cleansing Water $39 (reviewed here)
- BITE Beauty Butter Cream Lipstick $28 each (review to come very soon, but I AM COMPLETELY IN LOVE with these)
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Wine Not? $18 (reviewed here)
Hand Creams, Lotions and Treatments in Winter RotationJanuary 14, 2015
Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream ($15 for 2.5 fl oz)
Kiehl’s Ultimate Strength Hand Salve ($15 for 2.5 fl oz, $22 for 5 fl oz)
Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv Intensive Smoothing Hand Creme ($60 for 3.4 fl oz)
Formula X Hydrate Hand Crème with Kpangnan Butter ($16 for 3.4 fl oz)
Eve Lom Hand Cream with SPF 10 ($35 for 1.6 fl oz)
Malin + Goetz Vitamin B5 Hand Treatment ($20 for 1.7 oz)
Tatcha Indigo Soothing Silk Hand Cream ($38 for 60 ml / 2 fl oz)
Diptyque Eau Rose Hand Cream ($28 for 1.7 oz)
L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream ($12 to $28, 1 oz to 5.2 oz)
L’Occitane Scented Hand Treatments, assorted
Most rich and moisturizing:
Kiehl’s Ultimate Strength Hand Salve
Malin + Goetz
Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv
Formula X Paint the TownDecember 16, 2014
Overall a really fun set to play with. It’s a great introductory set to the Formula X line at a value price. I tested a few of the glitters and found them pretty easy to remove with nail polish remover which is a huge plus for me (most glitters take forever to remove). If you’re heading to a Sephora store in the next few days I highly recommend looking into this as another gift option.