Today I have my Best of Beauty Roundup for 2017 with my makeup favorites of the year. I feel like I always say this but I cannot believe another year has flown by! Beauty, skincare and fragrance testing has been a challenging process as we transitioned from the mild climate of San Diego to humidity and different water conditions in South Florida. Many things that worked for me in California suddenly didn’t work the same way for me once I landed in Florida. With seasonal changes I had to switch things up in skincare but the good news is for makeup most everything still worked for me. My best of beauty for makeup this year includes my top picks of the year with a mix of old and new launches. Items that were press samples have a * next to them. As always I’d love to hear about your makeup favorites this year!
- Becca x Chrissy Teigen Palette – my most-used face palette of the year (swatches here)
- Diorskin Nude Air Luminizer in 001 and 004* – best highlighter colors for me (review of all 4 here)
- La Mer The Powder – best loose setting powder discovery this year
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Ginger – still my go-to no matter what other brands I try (swatches here)
- Becca Sunlit Bronzer * – best natural looking bronzer (swatches + beauty looks here)
- Tom Ford Waterproof Foundation/Concealer in Natural *, Sable * and Tawny – favorite longwear foundation that held up best to the Florida summer heat and humidity (swatches here and here)
- Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in Rose Gold (not shown above) – prettiest liquid shimmer! (swatched here and on the face here)
- Tom Ford Eye Color Quad in Nude Dip – one that has remained a classic staple for years, also among the few I’ve hit pan on before and repurchased (original review and swatches here)
- Chanel Les 4 Ombres in City Lights – best neutral with shimmer discovery this year, it was limited-edition and may be hard to find now, a close more neutral option is Tisse Rivoli (swatches here)
- Diorshow Brow Styler in Universal Brown – most natural easy to wear pencil that’s pretty much goof-proof, it’s pretty much the one I’ve worn in most of my beauty looks on this blog
- Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel * – favorite brow gel that adds definition, fills in sparse areas naturally and lasts all day (review here)
- L’Oreal Lash Paradise in Waterproof Blackest Black – best mascara of the year that holds the curl, doesn’t smudge, stays put all day and actually makes my wimpy lashes visible (review here)
- Le Metier de Beaute Kaleidoscope in Flash Phenomenon – best glowy eyeshadow palette of the year (swatches here)
- Pat McGrath LuxeTrance Lipstick and MatteTrance Lipstick – best new lipstick formula discovery of the year (swatches of my picks and haul here)
- Hourglass Confession Ultra Slim High Intensity Lipstick * – one I love the formula of even though I still think they are insanely overpriced for the amount of product you get, color and finish is phenomenal (swatches here and here)
- Louboutin Metalinudes Loubilaque * – best shimmery high shine gloss for my lip gloss loving self (swatches here)
- Sisley Phyto-Lip Twist in Baby – best tinted balm discovery, I’ve since added more colors to my collection and will try to review/swatch soon (swatch of Baby here)
- Tom Ford Lips and Boys in Bradley – best nude lip color of the year and one I repurchased (swatched on lips here)
- MAC Lipglass from the Nicki Minaj Collection in N-U-D-E and Under the Sheets * – both were limited edition so if you can’t find them I’d recommend you check out Love Nectar or Oyster Girl for similar shades
- Chanel Rouge Coco Gloss in Tendresse 172 (swatches here) – best rosy tinted gloss, one Andrew told me looked good whenever I wore it!
- Marc Jacobs Le Marc Liquid Lip Creme in Slow Burn * – the best neutral rose color to wear year round (swatches here)
- OPI Be There in a Prosecco – best light pale opaque neutral that I wore the most frequently (best nudes swatched here)
I’m doing a few giveaways before the end of the year. One person will be selected at random through the Rafflecopter widget to win a selection of my favorites including: Tom Ford Eyeshadow Quad in Nude Dip, Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in Rose Gold, Blossom and Halo, L’oreal Lash Paradise Waterproof and MAC Lipglass color of their choice. Open internationally but you must be 18 years or older to enter. Simply enter through the widget below. I’ll pick a winner within 48 hours after the giveaway ends and e-mail them directly. I usually ship prizes within a week.
That wraps up my Best of Beauty Roundup favorite makeup picks of the year! What were your top makeup picks? Let me know in the comments whether they were tried and true staples or new discoveries that you tested.