Surratt Beauty is one of those lines I’ve only tried a few things from but love everything I’ve tested. The Lip Lustre ($32 each for 0.2 oz/ 6 mL) was one of the first beauty products I splurged on and fell in love with them. I reviewed a couple several years ago and have since bought a few more shades, repurchased one and then the Surratt team sent one more for me to try. Some of the shades look extremely sparkly in the tube and the shimmer particles are definitely visible, but on the lips they look really pretty.
Color descriptions, order described in same order as shown above from top to bottom:
- Etoile is a clear gloss with gold flecks (sent by the team), this is the only one I would say is not one I absolutely love because it’s primarily clear with tiny gold flecks, I’m just not the biggest fan of clear gloss, although this one is nice
- Coquette is a super pale baby pink shimmer, I was worried it would be chalky looking but it applies smoothly and it’s very pretty, I have pigmented lips so if you have lighter lips it will be more true to tube on you
- Soigne is my favorite it’s the prettiest rose shimmer and I repurchased it, if you buy one this is the one to buy, pigment is medium to full
- Amethyste is a gorgeous purple shimmer, it’s semi sheer but gives the prettiest soft lilac shimmer, when this brand launched on Sephora it literally took me several months before I could buy it because it kept selling out and rightfully so
- Ensoleille is a pigmented nude bronze peach, it’s so unique and looks really pretty on the lips
- Flamant is one I bought in store at Barneys, the artists pulled this one and said this looks great on everyone and told me not to be scared of the tube color, they swatched it on their hands mixed over other shades of lipstick and with other glosses and by itself, I decided to give it a try because it’s not as scary as it is in the tube and love it, it’s a sheer red color with pigment
- Au Naturelle is a creamy nude beige, this one is a nice nude but just not as special as the other colors to me, still it’s a solid performer and wears well on my lips
Overall pigment is varied depending on color. With the exception of the clear shade the colors all show up well on the lips. Texture is a bit sticky and a bit on the thick side but I like them. They adhere well to the lips and don’t slide around. To me there’s no detectable scent.
A closer look and swatches, left tor right is Etoile, Coquette, Soigne, Amethyste, Ensoleille, Flamant and Au Naturelle. They have a flattened sponge tip applicator.
On the face I’m wearing Tom Ford Waterproof Foundation in Sable + Armani Luminous Silk Powder Foundation in #4 to set. Lip swatches are all done on bare lips.
I really love these but they are on the pricey side. My top three picks are Soigne, Amethyste and Flamant. Your mileage may vary depending on your tolerance for sticky and preference for pigment. I find Soigne and Ensoleille have fuller pigment while the others are more on the sheerer side. As you can see from the lip swatches they all show up but some have a more jelly like sheer finish compared to others. They are sticky but not too thick feeling on me.
You can find Surratt Beauty Lip Lustres now at Sephora and Barneys New York. If you’re shopping the Sephora sale you still have time to save with these codes:
- 4/18 to 4/24 VIB Rouge will receive 15% off, use code ROUGESPRING
- 4/19 to 4/24 VIBs will receive 15% off, use code VIBSPRING
- 4/20 to 4/23 BIs will receive 10% off, use code BISPRING
Other Surratt Beauty Features of the Artistique Blushes and Lip Products also on the blog. Have you tried anything from the line before? What did you think?
Etoile provided by the Surratt team. All other shades from my personal collection.