Hermes launched a new tinted lip oil called the Hermesistible Infused Lip Care Oil ($55 each) and I hauled all of them sight unseen. I’ve been a really huge fan of their Lipsticks, Rose Hermes Lip Enhancers and the Shiny Lipsticks. As a lover of lip oils I had a feeling I would love these too. You can find these at Nordstrom, Bloomingdale’s, Saks Fifth Avenue and Hermes.
The Hermes Lip Oils are scented which I think is super fun! Each one has a different unique scent to match the color. Each scent was made by perfumer Christine Nagel – she’s created a number of beautiful perfumes including one of my favorites Jo Malone Wood Sage and Sea Salt.
Full description of each shade and corresponding scent is listed online at Saks and also Hermes. I’ll include what I notice for each one below. They all have a whimsical and sweet spring-like vibe!
- 01 Beige Sapotille is a sheer beige, this one smells like a sweet candy, almost like lychee
- 02 Corail Bigarade is a stunning sheer coral, it has a warm sweet caramel orange blend for the scent
- 03 Rose Pitaya is the perfect bright sheer pink, it smells like the Starbucks Dragonfruit drink to me
- 04 Rouge Amarelle is a sheer red pink, it scented of sweet cherries
- 05 Rose Kola is a pretty neutral mauve, it smells like a cola drink!
- 06 Pourpre Camarine is the most gorgeous sheer purple, this one smells like grape candy
Swatches in sunlight:
Looks with lip swatches below, also wearing:
- Foundation – Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in 6.5
- Concealer – Dior Forever Skin Correct Concealer in Shade 2.5N
- Powder – Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish in Medium
- Blush – Chanel Blush Lumiere in Brun Roussi (review here)
- Highlighter – Chanel Perles de Lumiere (review here)
- Eyeshadow – Too Faced Born This Way Sunset Strip Palette
- Mascara – Chanel Le Volume de Chanel
- Nail Polish – Dior Vernis in Rose Quartz
- Top – Abercrombie
- Sunglasses – Celine 50 mm
The Lip Oils have a sheer but noticeable tint on the lips. I love that they have a hydrating comfortable feel. They definitely have an oil-like texture, but one that doesn’t feel like it will slide around or off the lips. I love pretty much everything about the oil from the formula, color, packaging design and clear base so you can see the color! If I had one semi-bad thing to say about it, it would be the sponge tip applicator.
These oils come with a sponge tip applicator which is decent, but I feel could have a better design. The applicators are not bad and the packaging is not really a deal breaker, but I may have become spoiled by the more innovative designs from brands like YSL, Dior and By Terry. So many other lines have put more thought into the packaging these days. They have better sponge tips, sometimes with a well/gap inside designed to pick up more product for optimal application. With these Hermes Lip Oils I feel like I have to give the wand several good pumps to pick up enough product to apply on the lips.
The benefit of the shape and design of the applicator is that it does allow for precise application around the edges.
pouch above is the Hermes Bain New Yachting Case (small size)
I’ve been playing around with the oils for a few days now and really love these. The colors are beautiful and formula feels exceptionally smooth and luxurious on the lips. Plus the added scent is unique and fun. If you’re in the market for a luxury lip oil and are willing to splurge I think you will love these. Every single color is perfect and I think there is enough variation with the colors to make them all worth owning. I do think they’re worth the splurge although the price tag is very steep.
If I had to pick my top three, I’d say my favorites are 02 Corail Bigarade, 03 Rose Pitaya and 05 Rose Kola.
Shop the Post
The Hermes Hermesistible Lip Oils are available now at Nordstrom, Bloomingdale’s, Saks Fifth Avenue and Hermes. Have you tried these yet? Or any other Hermes lip products? If not what’s your favorite lip oil?