I’m excited to share a look at the Rouge Hermes Shiny Lipsticks today! I’m late to review these as I picked these up over a month ago. We’ve been traveling so I’m a bit behind on reviews! These are limited-edition colors for spring but they’re still in stock at Bloomingdale’s, Neiman Marcus and Hermes. They are very steep in price at $72 each but I think the colors and formula are so good, I feel they were worth the splurge for me.
These are translucent lip colors with a glossy finish. The color payoff is exceptional for something that has a translucent finish. They’re pigmented but balmy and glossy with a slight transparent quality to them. The colors were inspired by a garden filled with light and water and I couldn’t have described them better!
There are three colors:
- Beige d’Eau is a sheer beige but still shows up as alight peachy beige on my lips
- Orange Capucine is my new favorite bright coral orange, bright but wearable
- Rose Nymphea is a gorgeous bright cool pink lilac, surprisingly wearable on my olive complexion even though it’s more cool-toned
- Foundation It Cosmetics CC+ Cream Illumination in Medium Tan (will be on sale for 50% off at Ulta Beauty on March 26 for their 21 Days of Beauty Event) + Drunk Elephant D-Bronzi Anti-Pollution Drops mixed
- Powder Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder
- Blush Hermes Rose Hermes Blush Rose Tan or Rose Pommette (review here)
- Eyeshadow Tom Ford Eye Color Quad in Naked Pink (review here)
- Mascara Urban Decay Wild Greens Mascara (full look with the collection here)
- Top Joie (older style)
Texture is smooth and glossy. They have an almost balm-like feel. The colors are flawless and bring the complexion to life! I love that they’re bright but not too bright. These make for a nice change from my everyday neutrals. If you can splurge I highly recommend these for both color and quality.
Also wanted to share a look at three of my favorite Hermes Nail Enamels ($45 each). These still are harder to find. They keep selling out on multiple sites but will pop back on every now and then. Sometimes Saks will allow you to pre-order online (how I got several of the colors). Some shades also available now at Bloomingdale’s.
I’ve been asked if these are “worth the price” and I still don’t think any nail polish is worth $45. I do love the formula, I think the colors are perfect and really flattering. I have no regrets with my splurges.
- Rose Horizon is the perfect mix of pink and coral
- Orange Poppy is a bright vibrant orange
- Rose Incarnat is a bright pink
Formula has great lasting power (no chips or peeling). I can get 7 days of wear without any chips or tip wear although some sunscreens completely ruin my polish (top coat and all) so I don’t always get to wear it for a full week. I’ve had Orange Poppy on my toes for nearly 3 weeks now and it’s held up remarkably well.
Shop the Post