I have a look at some pieces from this year’s Chanel Perles Et Eclats de Chanel collection! I hauled a few items and have a full review and swatches of the my Chanel Le Blanc 2021 makeup collection picks. You can find the collection available now at Chanel.com. What I ordered:
- Perles De Lumiere Illuminating Powder Blush Powder
- Les 4 Ombres in Allure Et Eclat
- Stylo Ombre Et Contour in Beige Perle
- Rouge Coco Flash in Douceur 154 and Delicatesse 156
- Le Vernis in Perle Blanche 889 and Perle Burgundy 891
The new highlighter Perles De Lumiere is a winner for me! I love the undertones and the shimmer. It almost has a soft sandy bronzed effect on my skin that matches my golden undertones perfectly. It’s metallic but applies smoothly. I know most of us beauty junkies and long-time Chanel collectors probably don’t need anymore highlighters at this point. I really love this one. While I can’t say it’s a must-have, I’m really happy I bought it and love the tones.
Swatch comparisons below to a few other shades:
- Chanel Poudre Lumiere in Ivory Gold and Warm Gold
- Chanel Eclat Magnetique de Chanel in Metal Peach (holiday 2019, review here)
- Chanel Perles de Lumiere (2021)
- Le Lion de Chanel (holiday 2018, discontinued)
- Pat McGrath Skin Fetish Ultra Glow in Divine Rose (review here)
- Laura Mercier Face Illuminator in Indiscretion (best of Laura Mercier here)
Below on the face. Left side is just with the Les Beiges Healthy Glow Foundation in B40. Right is just with the highlighter.
The eye products exceeded my expectations! I think they’re very wearable. In the pan, the Les 4 Ombres Allure Et Eclat looks very light and kinda boring. When layered together they give the eyes a pretty unique soft diffused look. The star of the palette is the bottom right burgundy shimmer. It is what makes the palette stand out as the primary shade for me, I use the others to blend out the edges and highlight the brow bone for a pearly glow.
Texture is unique to me – it’s a powder but almost has a slightly creamy bouncy feel. Colors in general have a soft effect on the skin whether you apply with a sponge applicator or a brush.
There are two new Stylo Ombre Et Contour pencils (twist up format) and I picked up one in Beige Perle. For me it’s a nice inbetween color to wear on the eyes when you don’t want to do a full eye look. Smudging this along the lash line will add some nice contour and shimmer in a no-makeup-makeup kind of way. I don’t think this is a must-have though.
Rouge Coco Flash
For the lips I was really tempted to buy all of the colors but wanted to save up for some other things. I picked the Rouge Coco Flash colors in Douceur 154 and Delicatesse 156. Both are sheer and shimmery. Douceur is a transparent sheer pearlescent pink. It does give my lips a pink tint but since I have pigmented lips and the formula is sheer, it looks like a soft pink shine. If you have lighter colored lips the pink will show up more on you. Delicatesse is a pretty sheer bold pink. It has some red undertones to it but with the shimmer it gives a more diffused look.
- Foundation – Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow in B40
- Powder – Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless in Medium
- Blush – Chanel Joues Contraste in Rose Initiale
- Bronzer – Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Luminous in Deep
- Highlighter – Perles De Lumiere
- Mascara – Chanel Le Volume de Chanel
- Eyeshadow – Les 4 Ombres Allure Et Eclat
- Lips – Rouge Coco Flash colors in Douceur 154 and Delicatesse 156
Below wearing Douceur 154
New Le Vernis Nail Polish
Last is a look at the two new Le Vernis nail polishes. Perle Blanche 889 is a super sheer opal shimmer. I applied it with 3 coats and it still looks very sheer. It’s pretty and makes the hands glow in a natural way. I like that the brush strokes aren’t visible. Perle Burgundy 891 is a pretty soft muted mauve plum brown shimmer. I was pleasantly surprised by this one although I think it has more of a fall season vibe. I love how it looks! Swatches in sunlight it look a bit brighter than they do in natural light – the shimmers are reflective in direct sun with a flash.
I skipped the creamy highlighting balms as creams rarely last long on my skin and I felt like I wouldn’t get a lot of use out of the new sticks. If you hauled or tried them let me know what you thought! I also passed on the new shades of Rouge Coco and Rouge Allure although I am tempted to try them, especially the color Tendresse.
You can find the new Chanel Perles Et Eclats de Chanel collection available at Chanel.com. If you hauled anything from the collection let me know what you thought!