Tom Ford launched two new items in the Soleil lineup and I ordered the new Soleil Eye Color Quad in Naked Pink ($89) and Sunlit Rose Lip Balm ($58). I look forward to the Soleil eyeshadow palettes every year as I’m a huge fan of the pretty shimmers for this line. I ordered both from Nordstrom.
Soleil Eyeshadow Quad in Naked Pink
The Soleil Eyeshadow Quad in Naked Pink has a mix of textures unlike the previous year’s First Frost which is all metallic (ie like Honeymoon, Nude Dip, Virgin Orchid etc.). This year’s Naked Pink has a soft shimmery cool pink champagne, a matte soft malted pink, a sparkle topper in a pale rose/mauve glitter and a medium shimmery rose. Pigment is medium soft in this one and on my medium tan skin tone colors look more subdued/natural. Texture is smooth and easy to blend and layer. If you’re looking for super strong pigment this might be too sheer for you. I really like the colors and quality but wish the pigment was a bit stronger/more visible. Still the semi-sheer pigment isn’t a deal breaker for me, I’d rate this a solid B+/A-. It’s one I will wear for the holiday season for a sparkle eye look and I really like it.
A few swatch comparisons below to Tom Ford Eye Color Quad in Sous Le Sable and Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk.
- Foundation – Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate Foundation in 6 Natural
- Concealer – Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate Concealer in 3W0 Latte (swatches here)
- Powder – Chantecaille Blur Finishing Powder in Light/Medium
- Cheeks – Hermes Blush in Rose Pommette (review here) + Laura Mercier Rose Glow Highlighting Powder (swatches here)
- Eyeshadow – Tom Ford Soleil Eyeshadow Quad in Naked Pink
- Eyeliner – Too Faced Born This Way Natural Nudes (deeper shades in Truffle and Cocoa, swatches here)
- Mascara – Rare Beauty Perfect Strokes Mascara
- Lips – Tom Ford Lip Balm in Sunlit Rose
- Top – Abercrombie Cardigan (older style, similar option here)
Closer detail eye look below wearing the Tom Ford Eye Color Quad in Naked Pink and different lip combo to add more color with Lip Color in Spanish Pink layered with the Lip Balm in Sunlit Rose.
Soleil Lip Balm in Sunlit Rose
This year’s Soleil Lip Balm in Sunlit Rose also has an overspray on the bullet. Underneath is a soft pink glow. I really love how pretty it is on my arm but on my pigmented lips it looks really pale. Based on what I see on my hand swatch I expected it to look like Spanish Pink but with a glow. I suspect on most of you Sunlit Rose will look more true to tube versus what it looks like on me. I like the texture – it’s smooth and semi-thick, almost like a Tom Ford lipstick but smoother. It works nicely as a layering product with liner or over a lipstick. Not a must-have for me although the packaging and presentation is really pretty.
Swatched next to Tom Ford Balm Frost from 2020 (also reviewed/swatched here).
Have you checked out the Tom Ford Soleil 2021 Naked Pink Quad + Sunlit Rose Lip Balm items? What did you think?
Shop the Post:
Available at Nordstrom.