Tom Ford launched two new items in the Soleil lineup and I ordered the new Soleil Eye Color Quad in Naked Pink ($89) and Sunlit Rose Lip Balm ($58). I look forward to the Soleil eyeshadow palettes every year as I’m a huge fan of the pretty shimmers for this line. I ordered both from Nordstrom.
Soleil Eyeshadow Quad in Naked Pink
The Soleil Eyeshadow Quad in Naked Pink has a mix of textures unlike the previous year’s First Frost which is all metallic (ie like Honeymoon, Nude Dip, Virgin Orchid etc.). This year’s Naked Pink has a soft shimmery cool pink champagne, a matte soft malted pink, a sparkle topper in a pale rose/mauve glitter and a medium shimmery rose. Pigment is medium soft in this one and on my medium tan skin tone colors look more subdued/natural. Texture is smooth and easy to blend and layer. If you’re looking for super strong pigment this might be too sheer for you. I really like the colors and quality but wish the pigment was a bit stronger/more visible. Still the semi-sheer pigment isn’t a deal breaker for me, I’d rate this a solid B+/A-. It’s one I will wear for the holiday season for a sparkle eye look and I really like it.
- Foundation – Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate Foundation in 6 Natural
- Concealer – Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate Concealer in 3W0 Latte (swatches here)
- Powder – Chantecaille Blur Finishing Powder in Light/Medium
- Cheeks – Hermes Blush in Rose Pommette (review here) + Laura Mercier Rose Glow Highlighting Powder (swatches here)
- Eyeshadow – Tom Ford Soleil Eyeshadow Quad in Naked Pink
- Eyeliner – Too Faced Born This Way Natural Nudes (deeper shades in Truffle and Cocoa, swatches here)
- Mascara – Rare Beauty Perfect Strokes Mascara
- Lips – Tom Ford Lip Balm in Sunlit Rose
- Top – Abercrombie Cardigan (older style, similar option here)
Soleil Lip Balm in Sunlit Rose
This year’s Soleil Lip Balm in Sunlit Rose also has an overspray on the bullet. Underneath is a soft pink glow. I really love how pretty it is on my arm but on my pigmented lips it looks really pale. Based on what I see on my hand swatch I expected it to look like Spanish Pink but with a glow. I suspect on most of you Sunlit Rose will look more true to tube versus what it looks like on me. I like the texture – it’s smooth and semi-thick, almost like a Tom Ford lipstick but smoother. It works nicely as a layering product with liner or over a lipstick. Not a must-have for me although the packaging and presentation is really pretty.
Have you checked out the Tom Ford Soleil 2021 Naked Pink Quad + Sunlit Rose Lip Balm items? What did you think?
Shop the Post:
Available at Nordstrom.