I have a look at the Laura Mercier Rose Glow Collection today. The new Caviar Stick Eye Colors (6 shades, $29 each) and Highlighting Powder ($30) launched earlier in the summer and there are some really pretty options if you like shimmer or rose tones! I’m late to review this as it launched several weeks ago but I thought I’d add some comparison swatches in case you still haven’t had a chance to check it out.
Rose Glow Caviar Stick Eye Colors
There are six new shades of Caviar Stick Eye Color and they are all in a pink rose or plum tone theme. The shimmer is pretty high with these so if you feel like you can’t wear shimmery tones on your lids these may be too much for you. I still think you can use the deeper tones or layer 1-2 with your other shades without having it look too frosty. I really love that they did eye look swatches with all the shades on multiple skin tones and eye colors for their promotional photos (all available side by side on Lauramercier.com). I think these are so helpful!
I found these to have a little bit more shimmer than colors like Copper or Rose Gold. Similar to what I see in the Caviar Stick Eye Color in Sugar Frost. They’re easy to blend but they do set quickly and lasting power is excellent once it sets.
Some colors have sold out on different retail websites but I’ve seen them restock. You can still find all the shades at Laura Mercier, others also available at Nordstrom, Saks, Ulta, Bloomingdale’s. Colors include:
- Wild Rose is a shimmery champagne rose
- Kiss From A Rose is a soft pink shimmer
- Bed of Roses is a mauve shimmer
- Strike a Rose medium soft plum rose
- Forbidden Rose copper rose
- Rose Thorn deep plum shimmer
I did a look layering 3 shades including Wild Rose, Bed of Roses, Forbidden Rose + the Makeup By Mario Master Mattes. Also wearing:
- Foundation – Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in 3W1 + Flawless Fusion Foundation in Golden mixed
- Concealer – Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion in 3N1
- Powder – Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
- Blush – Laura Mercier Blush Color Infusion Powder Blush in Strawberry
- Highlighter – Laura Mercier Highlighting Powder in Rose Glow
- Eyeshadow – Caviar Stick Eye Color in Wild Rose, Bed of Roses + Forbidden Rose layered with a bit of the Makeup by Mario Master Mattes Palette
- Eyeliner – Makeup by Mario Master Mattes Palette (black and brown shades)
- Mascara – NARS Climax Extreme
- Lips – Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Blush
Comparisons below to Bobbi Brown, By Terry, Charlotte Tilbury and a few other Laura Mercier colors
Highlighting Powder in Rose Glow
The new Highlighting Powder in Rose Glow is a soft shimmery pale rose. It has a beautiful soft texture but the highlight is quite intense on my medium tan skin tone because it’s paler than my natural skin tone. Shimmer wise it’s smooth but for me it requires a light hand. I prefer it mixed with a regular satin or matte blush for a softer diffused look.
Below wearing Highlighting Powder in Rose Glow on top of Blush in Strawberry
Swatch comparisons next to Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Highlight 01, Face Illuminator in Devotion, Chanel Eclat du Desert (reviewed here) and Pat McGrath Divine Glow in Golden Nectar (on the face here)
I love the texture of the powder but color wise I have a lot of similar colors so I wouldn’t call it super unique for my skin tone. Performance wise it’s excellent and I do think it’s a beautiful highlighter.
Shop the Post:
Rose Glow Collection provided for review.