It’s only the first week of the year and even though I’ve tried to clean out some of my purses and reorganize, I’ve already accumulated way too much in my makeup bag. I just emptied it this morning and counted 12 lip items … wait no, 13 eek! Everytime I go out with my husband, he’s always asking what it is that I’m lugging around and if I really need to carry all this stuff. Of course I don’t, but I still do. Here’s a peek at what’s inside my makeup bag which is the Truffle Clarity Clutch Small in Nude. Some will be reviewed on the blog very soon.
Featured from left to right:
- Tom Ford Lip Color Sheer in Skinnydip (swatched here)
- Tom Ford Lips and Boys in Eddie (swatched here)
- MAC Huggable Lipglass in Sweet Persuasion (review soon)
- Chanel Glossimer in Amour 166
- NARS Lip Gloss in Hot Sand (Nordstrom exclusive, review here)
- YSL Glossy Stain in 42 Tangerine Boho and 43 Rose Folk for spring (review soon, they are lighter in color than I anticipated)
- Dior Lip Glow in Lilac and Pink (review soon, Lilac is way better than the Pink one!)
- MAC Ellie Goulding Lipstick in Only You (swatched here, I backed up both shades)
- Too Faced Melted Chocolate Liquified Lipstick in Milkshake and Metallic Chocolate Diamonds (review on all the chocolate shades soon)
- AmorePacific Moisture Bound Lip Treatment (review here)
All the other stuff
From left to right:
- Molton Brown Hand Cream in Pink Pepperpod* (thoughts in this post)
- Chanel Les 4 Ombres in Tisse Rivoli (swatched + review here)
- Jo Malone Mini in Blackberry and Bay
- Elizabeth and James Rollerball in Nirvana White
- Chanel Stylo Yeux in Pomme de Pin (swatches here)
- Glossier Brow Boy in Brown*
- Edward Bess All Over Seduction in Paradise* (launching later this month)
- NARS Powder Foundation in Punjab (review here)
- Truffle Clarity Clutch Small in Nude*
I’ll say now that the Dior Lip Glow in Lilac is way better than the Pink one (which turns fuchsia on my lips sometimes). I ordered all the Too Faced Melted Lipsticks from the chocolate launch because how can one resist anything chocolate? There are hits and misses with the colors – I’ll be editing swatches to upload later this week (my husband said one of the colors looked absolutely hideous on me). I pulled out my Tisse Rivoli eyeshadow quad recently – it is one of my favorite neutrals in quad form but I misplaced it and couldn’t find it for months (I had put the compact in my blush drawer which is why I couldn’t find it with all the other eyeshadow compacts). My goal for the new year is to find some more makeup organization solutions. I’ve been using Muji Acrylic organizers and drawers, but I need something bigger with taller drawers – any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. There are a number of options out there I’ve been researching – I’ve been making notes on dimensions and picing, it’s kinda overwhelming to sort out!
What’s in your makeup bag this week? If you keep your makeup contents to a minimum, how do you edit/organize what you carry?
Press samples featured above indicated by a *.