YSL launched new shades of the Candy Glaze Lip Gloss Stick ($39 each) and they are stunning! I tried this formula when it originally launched in Shade 02 for a pretty clear juicy shine but the other shades never really stood out to me. There are new colors in Shades 13, 14 and 15 and they do not disappoint! I ordered a few other shades too and love every single one.
The formula of the YSL Candy Glaze is a jelly-like lipstick lip gloss. They have a twist click top and recommend six clicks for one application. They are on the soft side for the formula. Not as soft as the Makeup by Mario MoistureGlow Plumping Lip Serums though.
Pigment and color payoff is pretty impressive for a glossy lip stick (although 02 Sweet Pink is pretty much clear on me). They have a slightly thick almost jelly like texture so the lasting power is very good for a glossy lip. They are sweetly scented with a candy mango like scent. They feel very comfortable on the lips and have less slip than the Rouge Volupte Shines which I still love, but I actually like the Candy Glaze formula better. Shades I hauled:
- 02 Sweet Pink is a clear milky pink
- 04 Nude Pleasure is a caramel peach brown
- 05 Pink Satisfaction is a deep rose pink
- 13 Flashing Rosé is a healthy medium rose pink
- 14 Scenic Brown is a 90s neutral brown glaze
- 15 Showcasing Nude is a perfect nude pink
Two sets of swatches to show the color and shine
Swatches of each shade below, also wearing:
- Foundation YSL Bare Look Tint in Shade 9
- Concealer YSL Touche Eclat Shade 3
- Powder Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Medium
- Bronzer Gucci Bronzer Shade 03
- Eyeshadow Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Mini Nude Palette
- Mascara YSL Lash Clash Mascara
- Top Reformation Dillon Top (wearing a size 6, could have also worn a size 4)
- Nail Polish Chanel Le Vernis in Diva
Shade 13 Flashing Rose is my favorite that I’ve been wearing on repeat. It’s also the one many of you keep asking about from my Instagram stories!
A few of you asked if I had any issues with the product melting and I can’t say that I have yet. The heat is so extreme here we are outdoors for a very limited time (ie walking from the car to a restaurant or store). I have the lipstick in my purse but we are usually only outdoors for a short time or under a shaded patio with fans blasting. Evenings outdoors are more tolerable and I haven’t had any melting issues. YMMV depending on how hot it is where you are.
You can see them in action here too!
View this post on Instagram
Bottom line perfect. The new shades seem to be only available at Sephora and YSL Beauty so far. Other shades can be found at all other retailers like Nordstrom, Bloomingdale’s, Saks Fifth Avenue and Macy’s.
Have you tried these yet? What did you think?
Shop the Post
P.S. If you’ve been looking for the Couture Mini Clutch Eyeshadows they just launched at Bloomingdale’s. I’m not sure if I will be purchasing any, currently debating whether to buy these new ones or the Cle de Peau Eyeshadow Quads.