For as long as I can remember I’ve been into the simple classic
streamlined zip pouch, but being petite at 5’3″ it’s hard for me to find
one that isn’t too large. I’m forever looking for good classic options. The envelope style is pretty chic (one affordable option featured in this post here also eyeing this nude blush one here) but for some reason my heart belong to the flat zip ones.
The best date night fragrances for me, some come in the tiny roller ball or small spritzer version to fit inside a clutch:
- Diptyque L’Ombre Dans L’Eau which comes in a limited-edition travel size for summer. It’s the fragrance version of Baies candle which I was surprised works well as perfume and has a mix of blackcurrant leaves and rose.
- Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb is the ultimate date night fragrance (travel spray was taken with me on my summer trip). For daytime I feel like it’s more of a fall/winter fragrance, but I think it’s amazing for summer nights. It’s a hard one to describe but the notes are bergamot, tea, freesia, jasmine, orange blossom, orchid, rose, patchouli.
- Chloé Eau de Parfume is another favorite, I have a small bottle, but you can find it in a travel size as well, it’s another classic floral with notes of Pink Peony, Freesia, Lychee, Magnolia Flower, Lily of the Valley, Rose, Cedarwood, Amber, Honey.
- For those who want something more unique, Byredo is always a good option. I bought the Discovery Set over the holiday which has a sampler mix of scents. It’s been discontinued but the current version is the Floral Discovery 6 Piece Set which has Blanche, La Tulipe, Bal D’Afrique, Inflorescence, Flowerhead and Rose Of No Man’s Land. I highly recommend the travel/discovery sets. It’s a great way to try out different ones without having to splurge on the full size bottle. Another option is the Nécessaire de Voyage Eau de Parfum Travel Set which has Black Saffron and Blanche with a case.
- By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Frozen Quartz a metallic high frost cool pink
- Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Stick in Rose Gold my most-worn all over base color that adds a nice sheen to the lids alone
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Shadow Stick in Golden Pink which is indeed long wearing and has a bit more glitz and shimmer compared to the Laura Mercier Rose Gold
- Burberry Eye Contour Shadow Stick in Pale Copper which is the perfect warm bronzey shade I’ve ever found
- By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Misty Rock a shimmering purple mauve
- Burberry Eye Contour Shadow Stick in Midnight Brown which is a medium to deep shimmering brown with silver shimmer
- MAC Pro Longwear Shadow Stick in Soft Steel a shimmering cool brown
Shown above but not swatched:
- Dior Addict Lip Glow in Coral (swatched here)
- Dior Addict Lip Glow Pomade is pretty much clear on my lips, it didn’t turn my lips pink like the stick version but has a nice moisturizing balmy feel
- Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips in Very Victoria (swatched on lips here)
- Tom Ford Ultra Rich Lip Color in Revolve Around Me (review here) is the best nude of the season
- YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Oil in Stick in 44, 47 and 42 (all swatched on lips here)
- Edward Bess Deep Shine Lip Gloss in Lover’s Desire is one of the prettiest peachy pinks
- Edward Bess Lip Definer in Barely
- Edward Bess Lip Definer in Natural
- Chanel Rouge Coco Stylo in Script is an effortless neutral (swatches here)
That rounds up my summer date night beauty favorites! As always I’d love to hear what you love to wear and/or carry with you. If you have any favorite clutches or zip pouches – please share! One last note, shoes featured are from Ann Taylor.