It’s officially summer so to celebrate I’m rounding up some of my summer beauty favorites to kick off the season! I’ve been putting quite a few new makeup launches to the test for eyes, lips and cheeks. Today I’m partnering with Nordstrom to share my top picks for bronzers, peachy lips and shimmery eyeshadows.
NARS Laguna + Laguna Matte
So many of you have asked for bronzer recommendations! I have several tried-and-true favorites but always like playing with the new launches. NARS Laguna Bronzer has been a go-to for years. This year they launched an extensive collection with shimmers and also added a Matte Version. I prefer shimmer in my bronzer for a bit of glow but the NARS Laguna Matte is a really nice true brown/bronze alternative for those who need something without any shine.
Below wearing the classic NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna, Bobbi Brown Crushed Oil-Infused Gloss in Wild Card, Chantecaille Luminescent Eye Shade in Lion + Giraffe. Brush is the Laura Mercier Blending Brush (but I also love their bronzing brush for a larger fluffy option).
MAC Bronzing Collection Picks
Although I love shimmery bronzers I just hauled the new MAC Radiant Matte Bronzing Powders in Beiging Beauty and Totally Taupeless and think I’ve found my new holy grail mattes. They have a very tiny bit of radiance in the powder but apply on the skin like a matte. The formula is creamy powder with a natural super smooth buildable finish. Beiging Beauty is the lighter slightly warmer option while Totally Taupeless is a deeper neutral-cool toned bronze.
A number of you had the new MAC Strobe Body Lotion in Bronzelite on your radar and when it finally popped up online at Nordstrom I ordered it immediately! I find it challenging to find a good smooth body shimmer that isn’t too glittery. The MAC Strobe Body Lotion has an ultra fine glow so it leaves your skin looking skin is radiant versus looking like a disco ball. It has a soft light peachy glow with a hint of bronze pearl. It’s a lotion so it is hydrating but lightweight and also has the signature strobe cream scent.
I love a good peachy lip of any undertone, intensity and finish. There are so many variations for light peach, coral, shimmer, cream, sheer, gel etc. I pulled quite a few to swatch and compare for you. Everyone seems to have a different color in mind when they think of a peachy color!
Ones I love along with a few new ones:
- Tom Ford Ultra Shine Lip Color in Veridique is a bold full coverage shiny bright coral peach
- Bobbi Brown Crushed Oil-Infused Gloss in Wild Card is a pretty bright but sheer peach with a nice shine and moisturizing finish
- Chanel Rouge Coco Gloss in 744 Subtil and 166 Physical are two peachy shimmers, Subtil has more of a pink/gold undertone while Physical has a more orange/gold tone
- Armani Ecstasy Mirror Lip Gloss in 101 Beyond is like a jelly gloss liquid lipstick, this is a pink peach with buildable coverage, once it sets it is budge-proof like a liquid lipstick but with the shine
- Cle de Peau Radiant Liquid Rouge Shine in Bird of Paradise is the best bold coral gloss I’ve tried
- Givenchy Le Rose Perfecto Liquid Balm in 30 Vital Glow is a soft peachy orange balm
- Charlotte Tilbury Collagen Lip Bath in Peachy Plump is a sheer peach infused with gold shimmer to plump and hydrate the lips
Below wearing Bobbi Brown Crushed Oil-Infused Gloss in Wild Card – I find it still has a lot of color even though it’s a sheer tint!
Bronze-Gold Luminescent Eye
Last but not least, a bronzey shimmery eye for summer is an absolute must-have for me. I love layering and mixing coppers and bronze shades over regular powder eyeshadows for added depth and glow. Sometimes I can just use one of these all over the lid and then add a liner + mascara for an easy everyday look. My favorites include:
- Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Stick in Copper for a nice all over wash of warmth + shimmer, once it sets and dries it does not budge
- Hourglass Scattered Light Eyeshadows are my most-worn eyeshadows as toppers! I sometimes mix colors together or layer them with other powders, Foil is a metallic gold, Burnish is a pretty bronze, Ray is a sparkling taupe bronze
- Chantecaille Luminescent Eye Shades are some of the prettiest eye shimmers I’ve tried! I like applying these with a finger to pat and blend, Lion is a pretty golden shade and Giraffe is a deeper bronze shimmer (I want to order all of them!)
That wraps up my beauty favorites to kick off summer! I hope you found some inspiration for new beauty launches to try or add to your routine. Do you have any favorite bronzers, shimmery eyeshadows or peachy lips?
Shop my summer beauty favorites:
Summer sandals, favorite sun hat + sunnies below:
Many thanks to Nordstrom for partnering to sponsor this post. As always all opinions are my own.