Tom Ford Beauty – New Spring 2016 Launches

There are quite a few new items launching this spring from Tom Ford Beauty. There appear to be mini product launches versus a full seasonal collection release. I did some major hauling over the past few weeks and have thoughts + swatches of my picks to share today. Shown above and swatches of what I picked up below:

Honeymoon Eyeshadow Quad ($80, on backorder at Neiman Marcus
Lip Color Shine SS16 ($52)

First up are new eyeshadow quads. The good news is that there are new eyeshadow quad colors in Disco Dust, Honeymoon, Last Dance, Starry Night and Lilac Dream. The bad news is that some like Cognac Sable are being discontinued. I picked up two of the new quads, the neutral warm ones in Disco Dust and Honeymoon. I had to call around to several stores to track down Honeymoon a couple weeks ago. I heard these are permanent so even though Honeymoon seems to be sold out for now, it should be available for purchase when they restock.

Both quads pull very warm on me. They also have shimmer in them which is absolutely stunning. Disco Dust has a cool silvery mauve sparkle, a warm satiny tan, a copper peach shimmer and a dark plum brown shimmer. Two of the shades are very similar to NARS Hammamet Eyeshadow Duo (swatched here) so if you’re not a fan of glitter, you may want to check out the NARS.

Honeymoon is one of the warmest eyeshadow quads I own. It has a shimmering tan, shimmery copper bronze, reddish auburn shimmer and reddish plum. This one pulls very warm on my eyes but it’s still very wearable if I layer and blend it and use the two darker shades along the lash line smudged. If you are very fair this one will pull a lot more red on your skin compared to me. On deeper tan skintones, I think this one will look absolutely amazing on.

Swatch comparisons to Charlotte Tilbury The Dolce Vita (another warm quad I have) and Tom Ford Orchid Haze. In terms of neutral quads, Orchid Haze is one of my favorite everyday neutral palettes from Tom Ford.

Quick eye swatch/look of Disco Dust:

There are two scents launched for early spring called Soleil Blanc. Since I was a huge fan of the Shimmering Body Oil from last year, I picked up both the fragrance and oil. I think I could have skipped the Soleil Blanc Shimmering Body Oil, although it smells amazing. I prefer the fragrance simply because it’s stronger and I feel like it’s not as messy as the shimmering body oil. Also this year’s oil seems to be more emollient than last year’s which I found absorbed quickly into the skin. This one has a lingering feel that isn’t greasy, but definitely noticeable, almost like it’s slightly sticky. For both of these, there isn’t much I could find online to describe the notes except that it has floral combined with amber.
Soleil Blanc Eau de Parfum is a white floral. I don’t find amber notes to be very strong – but when I smell it closely, I can see how there is some blended in because this isn’t an overly powdery floral. It’s a warmer weather scent but I’m completely obsessed with it right now. The Soleil Blanc is what I wanted the Guerlain Terracotta fragrance from a few years ago to smell like (which I found too strong and too floral last time I smelled it).

Next up are one hit and one miss for me. I had very high hopes for the Lip Color Shine in SS16 and Shade and Illuminate in SS16. I almost never try lip color testers at the counters because they are loaded with germs, so I bought the Lip Color Shine without trying it on the lips. On the hands it swatched like a gorgeous glossy nude. On my lips it looks like concealer.

Swatched below is uneven, streaky and concealer-like on my pigmented lips:

If you’re like me and can’t pull off pale nudes, you may want to check out Lip Color Shine in Bare instead which is more pink in color:

Swatch comparisons:

Tom Ford Lip Color in Nude Vanille
Tom Ford Lip Color in Sweet Mystery (swatched)
Tom Ford Lips and Boys in Eddie (swatched here)
MAC Lipstick in Creme de Nude

Last but not least is the new Shade and Illuminate in SS16. This is the first Shade and Illuminate product I’ve tried from Tom Ford even though there are two other shades. This is a sheer dewy cream illuminator duo. The texture is very dewy and glossy for a natural sheen. I don’t think it will be everyone’s cup of tea since it’s on the dewy side. I like using this as a base for powder blushes or bronzers because it gives the skin a natural glow from within look. If you have oily skin you many want to proceed with caution on these. On my skin this gives a barely there glow. I actually still prefer the Edward Bess All Over Seduction highlighters (they are my holy grail cream highlighters), so if you want something more versatile and more visible, check out the Edward Bess ones instead.

Two sets of comparison swatches:

Tom Ford Skin Illuminator in Fire Lust (discontinued, review)
Tom Ford Cream Blush in Pink Sand (discontinued, review here)

Edward Bess All Over Seduction in Sunlight, Afterglow and Paradise

There’s lots to explore from Tom Ford right now. I believe there is a mix of permanent and limited-edition items. I suspect the SS16 items are all limited, but the quads are reported to be permanent. Also new from Tom Ford includes a new Purifying Cleansing Oil that I’ve been testing (review soon). It looks like new items for lips and eyes that just launched online including Cream Colors for Eyes, Patent Finish Lip Colors and High Definition Eye Liners.

Out of the items I reviewed on the blog today, I would say that my top picks are the Soleil Blanc Eau de Parfum, Disco Dust Quad and SS16 Shade and Illuminate Duo. The SS16 Lip Color Shine doesn’t work for me by itself – I suspect it can be easily fixed with a deeper lipliner like MAC Boldly Bare or Subculture though. Honeymoon is all kinds of gorgeous – but does pull dark and warm on me. It’s very pretty on but I prefer Disco Dust.

Have you checked out the new items from Tom Ford yet? Some pieces have sold out on different sites so if you’re shopping online you may have to order from multiple places.

Eyeshadow Quads can be found at all Tom Ford retailers such as Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus.

The Soleil Blanc Eau de Parfum appears to be exclusive to Neiman Marcus at the moment.

SS16 Shade and Illuminate + Lip Color Shine can be found at Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and Net-A-Porter.

Comments

1. February 1, 2016 / 7:11 pm

Wow Sabrina. Each time I talk myself out of getting something, your beautiful swatches get published and I have to reconsider. Honeymoon and Disco Dust were both on my wishlist and your swatches and review makes them look like must haves!

• February 2, 2016 / 6:04 am

Thanks Sheila! If you can play in person then I definitely recommend doing so πŸ™‚

February 1, 2016 / 7:27 pm

Wait, which one's are being discontinued? Besides Cognac Sable?

• February 2, 2016 / 6:07 am

I'm still waiting for the official information from TF but if it's not on Nordstrom.com (aside from Honeymoon which is just sold out), I think it's now d/c … Burnished Amber, Crushed Amethyst, Sahara Haze, Violet Dusk … some of these may have already been long gone.

3. February 1, 2016 / 7:39 pm

I was a lunatic in Tom Ford last week….I couldn't help myself and I bought the same quads as you. Honeymoon is sold out everywhere in UK and on a lot of counters was sold out before it was even launched. I adore Shade & Illuminate so couldn't wait for the new colour especially as I love dewy look. It's contouring for dummies so it's suits me just fine! I bought a new lip patent in 'Stolen Cherry' to try the formula, Six of the new cream eyeshadow…..I left Platinum & Spice as I have them already from previous launch. The new eye definer pen / pencils in black, again to try out. I don't think I have dropped such an amount in one go ever but I can't help myself with TF and having had a play all weekend I am so glad I did. The Soleil Blanc is not launching in UK until the Summer Collection drops in May 2016. Pink Sand is being relaunched with Summer 16 so for those that didn't get last year or those that have hit the pan……Yay! I adore Pink Sand as I look juicy when I wear it. My lovely TF lady wouldn't let me put Runway Colour Shine Lip in my bag, I guess she knew what you found out Sabrina. I've seen a few photos of Summer '16 and the main compact is gorgeous and with all sorts of other lovely new things to tempt us. I am going back for Lilac Dream Quad which the photos didn't do justice…..so pretty. And I expect a few more patent lip colour's will find there way into my bag over the coming weeks. All in all a glorious collection and thank goodness I got my hands on the last Cognac Sable my counter had…..seems madness to drop that but I have a back up now. If you feel the need to splurge, this is a launch to splurge with. Xx

• February 2, 2016 / 3:40 am

Relaunching Pink Sand? Hallelujah! Pink Sand was my go-to from the moment I bought it until I had more pan than blush left. No one, absolutley no one does sexy, sultry summer quite like TF so I can hardly wait to see what else he brings us. Another summer palette? Woo-hoo!

Sabrina, Disco Dance is gorgeous on you! Personally, I prefer Disco Dance to Honeymoon and when I made my purchase, Disco Dance was the one I chose. I also picked up the new Shade & Illuminate to add to the soft, peachy goodness. Dewy suits my ΓΌber dry complexion just fine πŸ™‚ Since the eyeshadows are supposedly joining the permanent lineup, I didn't feel any pressure to splurge but, like Amanda, I was smitten with Lilac Dream and think I probably "need" it in my life sooner rather than later. Oh, what the heck! I think I'm going to order it right now. LOL

Thank you, Sabrina, for another honest and articulate review, beautifully presented and photographed, with swatches galore.

• February 2, 2016 / 6:08 am

Amanda you are the beauty queen of TF beauty!!! Lilac Dream is so pretty, but I can't pull off lilac colors. I may have to give it a try in person though. So glad you got a Cognac Sable, it's to die for!

• February 2, 2016 / 6:10 am

Eileen – yes Pink Sand is making a comeback! I just got a sneak peek at the lookbook today and there is 1 new cream blush + Pink Sand as a repromote πŸ™‚ Summer is going to be a knock out!

• February 11, 2016 / 10:16 pm

Amanda, would you mind telling me where I could find the photo of the new TF summer compact? And if you don't know where, do you remember what eyeshadow colors and blush colors it had? Thanks!

• February 27, 2016 / 5:52 pm

please tell us where we can see the pictures of the summer collection. I can't find it anywhere.

4. February 1, 2016 / 7:43 pm

The new Tom Ford collection looks absolutely stunning! They're so tempting.. Except I can never bear the splurge.. Definitely checking them out though! … And probably try very hard to resist the temptation after.. Such a lovely post as always! πŸ™‚ xx

Kayleigh | http://kayleighmakesup.blogspot.co.uk

• February 2, 2016 / 6:11 am

I felt the same way before I bought my first TF blush and quad, lol. It still is hard to splurge sometimes because of the high price points, but I'm rarely disappointed.

5. February 1, 2016 / 8:42 pm

I love the pigmentation on Honeymoon but it's too warm for me. I love the sheen on the blush/highlight duo. I look forward to testing Soleil Blanc!

• February 2, 2016 / 6:12 am

I agree! Pigment and shimmer is amazing, but yes warm.

6. February 1, 2016 / 10:28 pm

I usually don't do powder eye shadows, but I've just ordered the cream one in Siren Blue and I'm very excited. I'll also be smelling Soleil Blanc as soon as it reaches my local perfume boutique: I have already decided that it will be perfect for my upcoming vacation in Martinique, but would be good to try first πŸ™‚

• February 2, 2016 / 6:12 am

Sounds like it will be a great one for your upcoming vacation!

7. Kristina aka @cubicledweller
    February 2, 2016 / 1:17 am

Gorgeous post! I too am loving Soleil Blanc by TF. I still love the Guerlain perfume as well, but i agree that the TF is more subtle πŸ™‚

• February 2, 2016 / 6:12 am

Perfume twins! Yes the new Soleil Blanc is amazing!

8. February 2, 2016 / 1:25 am

I'm really surprised that Cognac Sable was d/c because I always thought it was one of their most popular. I remember it was part of the first ad campaign for TF Beauty. Honeymoon is gorgeous.

• February 2, 2016 / 6:13 am

Me too … I'm beyond sad that's gone πŸ™

• February 2, 2016 / 6:13 am

I know what you mean lol. If you can try in store to see it I recommend it πŸ™‚

9. February 2, 2016 / 2:38 am

Do you know which of the quads will be discontinued?

• February 2, 2016 / 6:15 am

I'm still waiting on the full list from TF … but if you check the quads on Nordstrom.com they have the current ones (except honeymoon because it's sold out). Sahara Haze, Burnished Amber, a few of the lilac ones are now d/c.

10. February 2, 2016 / 4:39 am

I loved the quads but they are out of stock everywhere that ship to India πŸ™

• February 2, 2016 / 6:15 am

Oh no πŸ™ I hope you will be able to find a retailer soon!

11. February 2, 2016 / 5:23 am

I also got Disco dust and Soleil blanc fragrance and I am happy with both!

• February 2, 2016 / 6:16 am

Sweet!!

February 2, 2016 / 11:51 am

I purchased the high light and blush duo and love it on my fair skin. Also Stolen Cherry Lip patent as it looked like a nice, wearable red. I usually only buy nude pink colors in lipsticks. I also purchased the Sphinx and Platinum cream colors.
    Honeymoon was sold out, of course, so I am on the waiting list for that.
    I tried Disco Dust and it did not seem to show up well on my skin, but I will go back and try it again.
    I heard the Quad shades to be discontinued are Cognac Sable, Seductive Rose, Ice Dream and I believe, Titanium Smoke. I have been in CCO stores that had Ice Dream and Seductive Rose, so it is worth a call if you live near one.
    The suede shine LE lip color didn't wow me much either and I left it.
    Theresa

• February 10, 2016 / 11:48 pm

Thanks for the input, I still haven't heard back on which quads have been cut. I know for sure Cognac Sable is gone πŸ™

Glad to know I'm not the only one who can't wear the SS16 Lip Shine. It's so pretty in the tube and swatched on the hand. On my lips I think I have to deem it a fail.

13. February 2, 2016 / 1:23 pm

I purchased Honeymoon as soon as it popped up on Nordstrom, and I absolutely love it. I am on the fence about Disco Dust; I prefer very warm-toned eyeshadows, and Disco Dust didn't seem quite warm enough for me. But now… Your swatches and eye look are gorgeous, so I may have to change my mind. I've also got one of the Natasha Denona 5-shadow palettes on my wishlist for when they debut on Beautylish later this month. Decisions, decisions.

• February 10, 2016 / 11:48 pm

So glad you got Honeymoon! If you're on the fence about Disco Dust, I would say wait until you can test in person if that's possible.

I have one of the Natasha Denona 5-pan palettes on my wishlist too. I think it's #2?

14. February 2, 2016 / 1:31 pm

I had the exact same issue with the SS16 Lip Color Shine – so disappointed!

• February 10, 2016 / 11:49 pm

Good to know!

15. February 2, 2016 / 2:22 pm

Awesome review, with lovely and helpful swatches as always. I spy quite a few goodies that will be coming home with me. Good to know about Cognac Sable, because I never got around to buying that one…if I can find one I'll scoop it up.

• February 10, 2016 / 11:49 pm

I hope you can find it!

16. February 2, 2016 / 3:46 pm

wow you look gorgeous in Disco Dust Sabrina!

I am LOVING the TF Oil Cleanser. It leaves my skin so clean and moist but not at all oily. it is my new favorite cleanser!

I also am loving the patent finish lip colors. I was worried they would be drying on me but not the case!!! fabulous finish and color. although the two shades I got are very similar to one another – Erotic and Infamy.

xo sj

• February 10, 2016 / 11:49 pm

Thank you SJ! I've been playing with the TF Oil and love it too! I think the Patent Finish Lip colors sound amazing! All the colors are way outside of my comfort range though πŸ™

February 2, 2016 / 5:12 pm

Thanks so much for this review Sabrina. I just ordered the shade and illuminate and I'm worried that it will be too dewy. I'm around an NC30-NC35 so I do hope it shows up. I do like a nice glow to my skin and may play with it on layering. I've got the EB highlighter in Afterglow and I have my eyes Paradise which looks divine. Cheers, Cherie

• February 10, 2016 / 11:50 pm

I hope it works for you!

18. February 2, 2016 / 5:43 pm

man if I could straight up buy the two darkest shades in those two Tom Ford palettes that would make the sexiest duo.

• February 10, 2016 / 11:50 pm

They are really pretty. If it were made in a duo that would be amazing!

• February 25, 2016 / 5:39 pm

It would be like heaven. I got my Disco Dust yesterday, but I am still waiting on my Honeymoon to ship. The darkest shade in the DD palette gives me little payoff which is weird. I don't know if there's a defect with that pan or what. I might try it wet. The lighter shades (I ignore the glitter) are stunning though. The rose gold especially.

19. February 2, 2016 / 6:54 pm

I bought Honeymoon on Saturday. Now I'm wondering if Disco Dust would work better for me. I'm extremely fair. Thanks for comparing the SS16 lip color shine to the one in Bare. Like you I have pigmented lips and really light or bare colors just end up looking like concealer. So I'm glad I skipped this one. I'd really like to try the new quad in Lilac Dream. The cream color shadows were not in yet at my local Neiman Marcus and I'm really looking forward to those.

• February 10, 2016 / 11:51 pm

If you can try Disco Dust at the counter I'd recommend trying it! I think Honeymoon is gorgeous though.

• February 10, 2016 / 11:51 pm

His beauty line is definitely incredible!

20. February 2, 2016 / 9:06 pm

I'm SUPER bummed they're discontinuing Cognac Sable! It's my fave TF palette. I feel like it's one of the best sellers too, I wonder why they decided to get rid of it.

• February 10, 2016 / 11:51 pm

I'm super bummed too πŸ™

February 17, 2016 / 9:42 pm

Do you know if Soleil Blanc is the same scent as the body oil that Tom Ford released in last summer's collection? I got a sample of the Soleil Blanc fragrance at my Nordstrom's yesterday, and when I tried it today, it smelled so familiar to me. It is summer in a bottle and pure love for me, even if I am stuck in chilly Chicago.

April 3, 2016 / 10:49 am

Hi, I have green eyes and I was thinking of buying the dolce vita or honeymoon (thanks for the comparison!) and was wondering if you could tell me your opinion on which to get?