I’m not sure if purple is “in” this season (with the exception of a part of MAC’s upcoming Spring Forecast collection) – but I’m not always one to follow the trends. When I think of spring, I think of soft colors and I love using purple on one feature for the face at a time (to avoid that purple overload look). I pulled out my soft purply colors and was surprised to find how much lilac and violets I own.
Part 1: Eyes
For eyes, I can’t pull off all purples – some lilacs make me look like I have pink-eye but these are the ones that work for me. I would have to say my favorites are the Armani Maestro Single #10 because it has some slight gold sparkles and the new Paul & Joe Purple Clover from spring (waves to Josie for her wonderful swatch and review here).
2. Giorgio Armani Maestro Single 10
3. NARS Duo Eyeshadow Violetta
4. MAC Violet, Dear (discontinued)
5. Laura Mercier Luster Eyeshadow Dusk (mini size from GWP)
6. Paul & Joe Face & Eyecolor CS in Purple Clover 066
7. MAC Eyeshadow Pro Palette in Crystal
8. Laura Mercier Mineral Eye Powder in Crushed Amethyst
9. Trish McEvoy Eyeshadow in Haze
10. Paul & Joe Eyeshadow Velvet Ribbon 06
11. MAC Pigment in Kitchmas
12. MAC Pigment in Lovely Lily (l/e)
13. MAC Pigment in Circa Plum (l/e)
For lips, I can’t wear straight purples or lilacs for the lips. Most of these are either sheer or have some pink pearl in them to give a soft cool pink lip. My favorites are Laura Mercier’s Violet & Lilac Lip Glaces.
2. Laura Mercier Plumping Lipgloss in Wild Berry
3. Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Violet
4. Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Lilac
5. MAC Lustreglass in Morning Glory
6. MAC Lipglass Nico Now (l/e)
7. MAC Lipglass Fast Friends (l/e)
8. Nars Chastity Lip Gloss
9. Nars Sweet Charity Lip Gloss
10. Chanel Glossimer in Delight
11. Laura Mercier Stickgloss Lip Color in Purple Haze
Part 3: Nails
I’m not the biggest fan of purple nails. I got a few of these as gifts yet can’t bring myself to regift them or give them away (because often times it’s the thought that counts). I desperately wanted to love Chanel’s Rodeo Drive (gorgeous violet purple) but it was simply too bright for my comfort. Chanel’s Lilac Sky is much more doable for me. I do like lighter purples for the nails, I also have a photo/swatch of Le Metier Phlox here, but it’s currently MIA.