Holiday Gift Guide: For Those Who Already Have Virtually All Things Beauty-RelatedNovember 23, 2014
- Charlotte Tilbury Holiday has literally just launched in the US, chances might be that your friend might not have these yet, the Fallen Angel Eyeshadow Quad and Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds Lipgloss look amazing.
- Diptyque has a Full Sized Photophore + Feu De Bois Set this year, I’ve featured some photophores before, they are usually a boutique exclusive, but for the first time you can get these at Diptyque counters like Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus, any of the three new holiday scents in Spice, Winter and Pine are beautiful as well (review here) and would make good gifts even if they are duplicates of what someone already owns these scents.
- Gray Malin makes some really fun iPhone cases (5, 5S and 6 options) with some of his amazing photos printed on them, I have the pink umbrellas one and really love it, I’m constantly asked about it from random strangers.
- 2015 Desk Calendars are always a nice gift, this Sugar Paper Black and Gold version is super chic but simple and elegant.
- A super soft scarf is always a welcome gift, I adore the Nordstrom Tissue Weight Wool + Cashmere blends for myself, but I’ve given at least one as a holiday gift every year for many years, they come in a multitude of colors.
- Tatcha Deep Hydration Lifting Mask is the ultimate luxurious gift for the skin, I’ve purchased several boxed sets in the past and split them with friends to try and they send me selfies with the mask on (also with raves). You can purchase individual packets or a set of four. It’s also available in a number of holiday gift sets and travel sets.
- Kate Spade has a number of coaster sets during the holiday like this Silver Street Set of 4. They are fun to pair with a bottle of wine or champagne.
- Truffle just released some new colors for clutches. There is a new Nude, Black and limited-edition Metallic Rose Gold for holiday. (There are new color additions for the Clarity Clutches too.)
- Tory Burch has a number of metallic Rose Gold and Silver stocking stuffers. This Measuring Tape is just too cute. The Lipstick Case and Cheers Key FOB also look really fun.
- Garance Dore Stationary is always a hit when I send out cards. The card set or notepad set can make easy no-fuss gifts.
- Smythson makes some of the most luxurious leather covered notebooks. The pink Inspiration and Ideas or navy Notes books are classic and chic.
- For the coffee lover, Nespresso machines are amazing. The year the Pixie Machines came out, I purchased four (one for myself and my husband, three as gifts). The new Inissia Espresso Machine is more compact and modern looking. It is perfect for small spaces and the espresso lover who is particular about flavor and intensity.
- Clare V Flat Clutches are always a chic and fun option to give as a really nice splurgy gift.
- Urban Decay Naked on the Run was just released online last week, it’s not yet available in stores, so if you have a beauty-lover friend, this one might not have made their radar yet.
- This Fashion Memoires Book Set can make a nice addition for the home, coffee table or workspace decor. I have many of these book sets on my wish list and have been slowly adding more and more fashion books into my collection.
On My RadarNovember 14, 2014
A few things on my radar this Friday:
- Lumira launched a new line called Paradisium with an Eau de Parfum, Hand & Body Cream and Candle. I’ve been wearing the fragrance for the past few days and am in love, more on this soon.
- As cooler weather is starting to arrive in Southern California, I like to keep warm with a lightweight wrap, these Nordstrom Tissue Weight Wool and Cashmere Wraps make it to my list every year, I’ve gone through several different colors, this year I’m eyeing the greys.
- Tatcha Holiday Gift Sets are absolutely gorgeous, this Golden Glow Beauty Set looks like a winner (note quantities are limited).
- Diptyque and Tomas Maier have collaborated to create three new limited-edition candles, they will be available at all the Diptyque boutiques and Tomas Maier store on Madison Ave in New York. The three scents are reminiscent of places dear to him, where he spends part of each year. These include the barrier island of Palm Beach (PB), a coastal north Atlantic island in Maine (WDR), and a bluff top lair at the extreme point of Long Island (OMH). Available soon. More info on Architectural Digest.
- By Terry has a set of five lip items in the Baume de Rose Color Collection – Rare Edition set. Available at Barneys and Space NK.
- This Tory Burch compact zip leather pouch looks perfect for storing the essentials on-the-go. Also loving the fun colors in this colorblock version.
- Violet Grey has a multitude of boxed gift sets for the holiday that come packaged in a sleek patent zip pouch and beautiful white boxes.
On My Radar / New in BeautyJuly 29, 2014
Some new items on my radar this week, top left clockwise:
- Tory Burch has some cute Brigette Cosmetic Bags in new prints, I’m loving the Kyoto Red
- Estee Lauder has ten new Pure Color Envy Sculpting Eyeshadow Five-Color Palettes that look like great neutrals with a mix of matte and shimmer textures
- Fresh Beauty has a new lip treatment in Sugar Ruby
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Kiss Pop Lip Color Sticks keep calling my name, I’ve played with them a couple times in store, I think I will be getting Pow or Heartbreaker on my next visit
- Clé de Peau Beauté Fall 2014 brings us eight new Eye Shadow Quads, I’ve never splurged on their eye shadows but the colors are stunning, loving the look of Stellar Gaze and Satin Moon
- Tatcha has a new Travel Kit that comes with a cute clear pouch,Deep Hydration Lifting Mask, Dewy Skin Mist, Deep Hydration Revitalizing Eye Mask, Soothing Silk Hand Cream Travel Size, Original Aburatorigami, Camellia Nourishing Lip Balm
- Giorgio Armani Black Ecstasy Mascara is a new Nordstrom Exclusive (available for pre-order)
- Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil line smells absolutely divine, I tried a small sample packet and am contemplating the Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil Travel Kit before splurging on full sizes
- Tom Ford’s highly anticipated Concealing Pen and Traceless Perfecting Foundation have arrived, I can’t wait to try these
On My Radar / New In BeautyMay 19, 2014
On my radar this Monday morning:
- MAC Alluring Aquatic is available online now at Nordstrom and Macy’s (launches in stores this Thursday), if you missed out on items when it launched on Maccosmetics.com (like I did) you may want to scope out retailers soon
- NARS Hot Sand was released a month ago, by the time I decided to get it, all my local counters sold out, I just ordered it from Narscosmetics.com (promo code of two minis of a NARS Orgasm Lipgloss and Super Orgasm Blush with $50+ orders and code MINIS)
- Dior Addict It-Lash Mascara is Dior’s latest innovation for eyes (get a mini sample size online at Sephora with code DIORITLASH and any $25 purchase)
- Tory Burch keeps releasing the cutest makeup bag prints, this floral print is so gorgeous
- YSL Couture Palettes are the newest eyeshadow palettes in 11 color options
- Dior Addict Fluid Stick in Tiny Pink is now available exclusively at Sephora
- By Terry Water Color Bronzer in Tea to Tan looks promising (get a complimentary mini Rose Lip Balm with any $150 By Terry purchase at Barneys)
- Chanel Les Beiges for summer have arrived, review soon on Les Beiges 02 and the Healthy Glow Fluid this week
Some good inspirational reads:
- Buy the June issue of Glamour Magazine, I found it incredibly inspirational for life/career especially with the articles My Zo-Called Life on Climbing That Ladder by Zosia Mamet and Step Into My Office with Alex Wagner
- Love this article #GIRLBOSS: Career Advice That Actually Matters via The Coveteur
- Fun video on how to take good instagram photos via Song of Style
- I’m living vicariously through Rae with this epic Asia Beauty Exclusives haul video from The RaeViewer
- Really good insights and background on How To Get a Job Beauty/Fashion PR, Social Media or Marketing from Zoe London.
Ten Things I’m Loving Right NowApril 23, 2010
2. Bobbi Brown Bronze Gel Liner – A nice soft but defined bronze shimmer. One of the few gel liners I’ve actually used up.
3. Diorshow Mascara – A mini one, but this is one of my holy grails. Love that the minis are just as good as the full sized ones. Can’t say that it really holds the curl, but it does give full lush lashes without clumping, smudging or flaking.
6. Dolce & Gabbana Desert Bronzer – Lovely soft warm bronze with subtle shimmer. Those who find NARS Casino/Laguna too shimmery, this one is a nice option that is softer but not completely matte.
8. Chanel Bondi Beach Aqualumiere Gloss – New for Summer 2010. A soft peachy gold shimmer. I love the way this looks on the lips even though it’s medium-sheer. You can see an additional swatch here.
9. Chanel Stresa Aqualumiere – I’m not sure if they still make this shade, but it’s a sheer hot strawberry iridescent cool pink. I love this with Chanel’s Nude Lipliner and Bon-Bon Aqualumiere gloss on top for a healthy pink lip. Bright as it looks in the tube, on the lips it’s very wearable. See a makeover breakdown I had with it here.
10. NARS Mojave – I’ve been a longtime fan of NARS Viva Las Vegas. Mojave is it’s darker more pigmented sister which is like what I wanted MAC Plastique to be (still lovely, but too frosty for my taste without gloss on top).
Check back soon for my list of what I’m loving right now – the non-beauty edition!