2014 has been a very exciting year and I feel incredibly blessed in so many ways. I am grateful for each and every one of my readers. Without your passion for all things beauty this blog would not be a possibility for me to keep up. Each week I am touched by the kindness some of you have shown through e-mail and comments. I think the internet and social media is amazing with the way it enables us to connect with each other across the world. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for following me through this blog 🙂
I have a roundup of beauty highlights in 2014. There have been so many great beauty releases and innovations this year. I think the holiday sets this season were the best ones I’ve seen to date. I’ve linked previous reviews of my favorite beauty discoveries for 2014 below. Please let me know what your top beauty discoveries were as well, I’d love to hear what your favorite picks were!
- Simplehuman Sensor Mirror – this is a life-changer when it comes to applying makeup
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette and Ambient Lighting Blushes – my favorite blush and highlighter product of the year
- Edward Bess Hair Hero – best new hair styling product
- Chanel Rouge Allure Gloss – best new gloss with amazing shine and color
- Diptyque Aubepine Candle – best home fragrance
- Beautyblender Sponges + Solid Cleanser – new beauty tool discovery
- L’Occitane L’Occibox – in the top three for best holiday sampler value set
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow – best new bronzer/highlighter duo
- Chanel Les 4 Ombres in Poésie and Tissé Rivoli – best neutral eyeshadow palettes
- Dior Addict Fluid Sticks – best hybrid lipstick/lipgloss product
- Truffle Clarity & Privacy Clutches – best accessory to carry as a clutch or makeup bag
- Laura Mercier Mini Caviar Stick Eye Color Set – in the top three for best holiday set of 2014
- Chanel Le Vernis in Sweet Lilac – my favorite nail polish color of the year
- Clarisonic Aria – life changing for my skincare routine
- NARS Audacious Lipsticks – best new lipstick formula (possibly best formula ever)
- Tatcha Travel Kit – most well-put-together kit released this year
- MAC Sharon & Kelly Osborne Collection – my favorite beauty collection of the year
- Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation – best new foundation discovery
- NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadows – best new eyeshadow formula, favorite color is Himalia
- Dior Gel Shine Nail Polishes – best nail polish formula, favorites are Front Row and Tra-La-La
- Louboutin The Nudes Nail Lacquers – most impressive luxury beauty launch of the year
- Marc Jacobs Beauty The Skyliner Set – best eyeliner for unique color selection and long-lasting formula (in the top three for best holiday set)
This year marked the year for a number of brand launches and store openings. New beauty brand launches in the US that I was really excited about included Gucci Beauty and Charlotte Tilbury. A number of brands added new stores and boutiques. Diptyque on Larchmont opened in Los Angeles. In Venice Beach Caudalie and Hourglass Cosmetics opened up boutiques. Another highlight for me was finally visiting the NARS Boutique on Melrose (although it opened a few years ago).
Additional highlights include a couple special features for The Beauty Look Book. In January I was really excited to be featured on Barneys New York – The Window. In March of this year I was beyond thrilled to discover that InstyleUK included me in their Top 50 Websites (thank you!!).
The best thing for me this year though was being able to connect with some bloggers and YouTubers in person (in beauty and fashion). Meeting them was incredibly inspiring. There are few things that give me that warm fuzzy feeling like seeing women support other women and I value their friendship, advice, encouragement and positive outlook on life.
What were your top beauty discoveries this year?