Uncategorized

First Look – Dior Vernis Gel Shine & Long Wear Nail Lacquer

April 11, 2014

Dior has launched a new formula of nail polish called Dior Vernis Gel Shine and Long Wear Nail Lacquer ($25 each) with some classic and new shades. I’ve been a huge fan of Dior nail polishes and loved the reformulation a few years ago. I didn’t think it was possible to get better but it has.

There are a variety of colors available but you may have to do some hunting to find a particular color. Not all counters or stores received the same shades. I purchased a few from Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and then ordered a couple shades not available at counters from the Dior Palazzo Boutique in Las Vegas.

I’ll have individual reviews of the colors I bought in the next few weeks (follow me on Instagram at @beautylookbook for a few sneak peeks of Tra-La-La, Aventure and Front Row). The brushes are slightly thinner and a bit more fanned out/rounded than the last version of the chiseled tip. Formula is amazing. I’ve been wearing one on my toes for 2 weeks without any chipping or tip wear. And another color on my hands lasted 5 days without tip wear or chipping.
I swatched all the new Gel Formula colors available at Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus counters (many thanks to the kind associates who let me pull out my nail wheel). Many of the classic colors have been re-launched (colors are identical to older formula with same name/numbers).

Swatched
155 Tra-La-La
257 Incognito
575 Wonderland
551 Aventure
758 Victoire (ordered from boutique, has gold shimmer)
661 Bonheur
754 Pandore
999 Rouge
769 Front Row
Mirage
853 Massai
494 Junon
403 Palais Royal
803 Metal Montaigne
618 Vibrato (ordered from boutique)
970 Nuit 1947

Not swatched
108 Muguet
237 Milly
268 Ruban
306 Trianon
428 Sienna
537 Riviera
659 Lucky
918 Hypnotic

I will have reviews up in the next week, I’m still putting the formula to the test with various base and top coats 🙂

The Dior Vernis Gel Formulas are available now at Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Saks, Macys and Dior. Also available at Dior Beauty The Shoppes at Palazzo in Las Vegas, ask for Massiel and tell her I sent you! Their phone number is (702)-734-1102.

You Might Also Like

• Chris El @ MyFashionTrendencies April 11, 2014 at 5:44 pm

I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Almost bought my first Dior polish in Aventure, but I want to read your in depth review first. 🙂

• Sunny April 11, 2014 at 6:06 pm

I have several shades here, but one of the shades I was eyeing (Vibrato) is NOT available in Europe! I'll have to wait till I'm back in Taiwan to grab a bottle. It's so strange that this is available everywhere else but in Europe! Also I might need Wonderland and Palais Royale. I have Pandore on my nails for the moment, and it's holding up well!

• Emily Allen April 11, 2014 at 6:16 pm

Looking forward to hearing what you think of the formulation, I've never tried any of Dior's polishes and I love the look of Junon 🙂

EmmiHearts

• Teri April 11, 2014 at 7:31 pm

Oooh, you guys get Vibrato! For some reaon we don't get that here, which is such a shame. I received some of the shades and am going to test them out soon ^^. I might get some more because they are so good!

• lady d April 11, 2014 at 8:47 pm

I'm hoping Tra-la-la is opaque and I'm excited to hear your thoughts on the formula!

• lady d April 11, 2014 at 8:49 pm

I'm hoping Tra-la-la-la is opaque and excited to hear your thoughts on the formula! Btw, I really enjoy your lovely and inspiring blog!

• Lena L April 11, 2014 at 9:30 pm

Mirage and Junon look beautiful!
    And it is interesting to see Wonderland shade in polish. 🙂

• Siham Hamdan April 11, 2014 at 10:13 pm

These are absolutely perfect! I can't help but fall for the same hues every time I see a nail polish collection, Incognito and Palais Royal are definitely my favorites here <3

• Lisa April 12, 2014 at 4:35 pm

I loving Incognito and Massai. I hope you compare the formula to Guerlain's gel polishes (I personal love them). Can't wait for your post Sabrina!

• Dovey April 12, 2014 at 8:56 pm

Hi Sabrina,

I think Incognito is my favorite here — what a great classic! I'd love to add a bottle to my collection eventually 🙂

• Pearl April 12, 2014 at 11:30 pm

Your swatches are very helpful. I was just browsing nordstrom.com and Junon appears sky blue on their website–not bluish grey as your swatches show. Quite a bummer since I like sky blue or robin egg blue polishes. The other few I'm liking (based on your swatches) are Palais Royal, Incognito, and Front Row.

By the way, I just want to let you and other people know that these polishes are 10% off at nordstrom.com right now, along with several other makeup items from several brands. I took this opportunity to order NARS Contour Blush in Paloma. I can't wait to try it 🙂

• Quirky Busy Beauty April 13, 2014 at 2:16 am

Beautiful swatches, as always. Just a heads-up, this formula is included in the Nordstrom 10% sale at the moment!

I've purchased both Front Row (which I regret, since it's so close to Chanel Tentation, which I rarely wear) and Tra-La-La. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the creme vs shimmer shades.

One question for you- you have excellent wear time in general with your manis. Do you type all day at your work? I'm at a keyboard all day, so even the sturdiest of polishes are demolished quickly.

• Claire April 13, 2014 at 4:05 am

Another Dior n/p fan here, can't wait for your reviews, Sabrina!

• piroko April 13, 2014 at 4:38 am

Thank you very much for the beautiful swatches!! It sounds like a good time to stock up some nail items now.

+1 to Pearl's comment about Nordstrom discount…

My local Nordstrom sales lady called me today to let me know that there's 10% off discount for Dior, Bobbi Brown and Chanel (!!). Of course I immediately rushed to the store scoring 10% Chanel items including Vitalumier Aqua Cream Compact. According to her, the discount lasts until April 28th Monday. 🙂

• piroko April 13, 2014 at 1:27 pm

*** Correction***
      Sale is until April 21th. Sorry for the confusion >.<

Also I did not see Chanel discount at nordstrom.com but I purchased a cream compact and 2 coco shines at local Nordstrom (Hillsdale in CA) and Lisette gave me 10% off. Might want to check with your local sales rep.

powered by chloédigital