I have a look at the Chanel La Comete Collection for spring today! Chanel launched eight new shades of the Rouge Allure Velvet ($42) lipsticks and two new Blush Comete ($70) shades, all available now online at Chanel.com.
New Rouge Allure Velvet La Comete
The new Rouge Allure Velvet La Comete lipsticks are beautiful! Most of them far surpassed my expectations. They’re a smooth, weightless luminous matte with a slight hint of shimmer. Pigment is medium but layerable. I like all of them all with the exception of one shade which I found terribly patchy. The colors have a classic vibe, some may feel they’re more fall-winter colors. I do think there are a few that are neutral-enough to wear year round. The bolds are more classic colors I think you can wear for date nights, or if bolds are more your style.
These come packaged in the classic Rouge Allure lipstick case but the ends have an embossed star which is supposed to be the good luck symbol for Gabrielle Chanel.
On the arms/hands the pearlescent quality is more noticeable, but on the lips the shimmer translates into a subtle luminous quality – not really shimmery, but not fully matte either.
- 108 Terre D’Etoiles is a gorgeous wearable brown pink
- 118 Bois de Rose Astral is the perfect kind of medium rose pink I’ve been looking for for AGES!
- 128 Rose Eclatant is an electric warm red
- 138 Rouge Vie Radiant is a deeper red with cool tones
- 148 Rouge Cosmique is a classic red
- 158 Brun Solaire is a red brown
- 168 Pourpre Etoile is a plum
- 178 Brun Celeste is a sheer blackened plum with silver sparkle, this is the only one I found patchy
Lip swatches below of each color on bare lips, also wearing:
- Foundation – Chanel No 1 de Chanel Revitalizing Foundation in B40 (review of BD41 here)
- Powder – Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder in N 20 + 30 mixed
- Blush – Chanel Blush Comete in Peche Cosmique and Corail Etoile layered
- Eyeshadow – Natasha Denona Mini Nude Palette (swatches + review here)
- Eyeliner – Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof in Ebene
- Mascara – Chanel Le Volume de Chanel
Next we have a look at the two Blush Comete Soft Glow Blushes. They have a stripe embossed texture and a star on the surface. It’s not quite an overspray because it takes a few uses and brush swipes before the star design disappears. I really loved the texture and finish of these! On my medium tan skin tone Peche Cosmique is almost a highlighter, it’s pale on my skin and adds a soft diffused pale glow. Corail Etoile is a pink coral with a subtle shimmer to it. Both have a subtle sheen but they aren’t frosty or too shimmery.
Swatches of the whole collection below
Bottom line: Excellent quality, beautiful colors, lovely textures. Solid A+ (except for one of the lipsticks). That being said there are lots of new launches coming out, the new Rouge Allure L’Extrait Lipsticks just launched online and I’m excited to try the new formula! Colors look brighter and more spring-summer like to me.
Have you tried anything from the Chanel La Comete line? What did you think? Available at Chanel.com.
Chanel La Comete Rouge Allure Velvet lipsticks provided for review. Blush Cometes purchased by me.