Chanel launched new shades of Rouge Allure Laque and Rouge Allure Ink Fusion ($40 each). The colors run on the bold side which I think will be really nice for the fall season or if you like a classic bold lip. I also ordered a few pieces from the fall collection and have a quick look at one item today (the new blush). These are out now at Chanel.com.
Chanel Rouge Allure Laque
The Chanel Rouge Allure Laque Ultrawear Shine Liquid Lip Colour is a glossy liquid lipstick formula with a lightweight feel and high shine finish. You can see my previous review with swatches here and here. I do think that the Le Rouge Duo Ultra Tenue is significantly longer lasting if you’re looking for extended wear. The Rouge Allure Laque has similar lasting power to a regular lipstick for me. Stays put but does fade if your lips touch something like cups or a napkin.
- 82 Beige Confidentiel is a warm orange beige
- 83 Beige Secret is a medium brown pink
- 84 Rose Ambigu is a rose color (my favorite)
- 85 Corail Alternatif is a bright coral red
- 86 Rouge Captivant is a deeper red
- 87 Rouge Irregulier is a plum brown
Rouge Allure Ink Fusion
The Rouge Allure Ink Fusion is a fluid lightweight matte liquid lipstick. These colors looked fairly dark in the tube but I was pleasantly surprised by these colors! They’re a lot prettier on the lips than what I see in the tube. There are a couple of repromotes. My other review of other shades here.
- 838 Orange Enigmatique is a soft muted orange (love this color)
- 840 Rouge Paradoxal is a warm red
- 842 Rouge Distinctif is a bold red with slight blue tones
- 844 Rogue Imprevu is a pink red
- 846 Rouge Particulier is a deeper red
- 848 Brun Mysterieux is a plum brown
Joues Contraste 608 Ombre
I ordered 3 items from the Chanel Fall-Winter Collection, one of them being the new Joues Contraste in 608 Ombre ($45). It’s a super soft diffused nude almost neutral-cool caramel brown shade that offers a very subtle contour on my skin tone. I applied it and felt it was a little too neutral in the lip swatches with Rouge Allure Laque 82, 83, 84 and 85. I added some Laura Mercier Blush in Fresco and Ginger which I find similar in tone but show up better on my medium tan skin tone on the other Lip Swatch images above. If you want swatches and a more detailed of the Ombre Blush review let me know.
Chanel Rouge Allure shades provided for review.