Summer is in full swing and I could not be happier that it’s sandal season. Living in Southern California it feels like it can be sandal season year round but during the spring to summer time I love that’s it’s actually in season.Today I’m sharing my favorite nail + sandal combinations to wear right now from Nordstrom. I love adding color to the toes because it adds a fun polished feel to your entire look. I adore brights, aquas, teals and sometimes violet for the toes during the summer, but it can be challenging to coordinate some polishes with all colors of sandals or outfits. I’ve picked out my favorite versatile polish shades that will work with a wide range of outfits no matter what you’re wearing (shoes or clothing-wise). I’m all about flats for comfort, but right now there are so many cute wedges and heels out for summer. Nordstrom has a dedicated Sandal Season section with handy filters to sort by style, heel height, color etc.
I hope you find this mini sandal + nail polish combo guide fun and helpful! Up first is the sandy nude + peachy coral combo:
- Sandals: Tory Burch Miller Sandals in Sand Patent, runs true to size (I’m a 6 1/2)
- Toes: Deborah Lippmann Gel Pro Lab Nail Color in Happy Days (also in this set), this is a full coverage peachy coral orange, it pulls a bit pinkish on my skin, but a lot of corals tend to run pink against my olive skin
- Hat: Nordstrom Braided Floppy Hat
- Jeans: Paige
Tan Brown Suede Heels + Coral Pink Nail:
- Shoes: Stuart Weitzman Nearlynude Ankle Strap, the whole line runs big on me, but definitely check out the reviews online by style for sizing, I wear a 6 in most of their shoes
- Toes: Louboutin Miss Loubi on the toes, the most perfect coral pink ever! Two coats gives full coverage and the formula is among the best I’ve tried, I also love Dior Front Row for a bright shimmering fuschia
- Clutch: Halogen Angled Leather Day Clutch
Classic Black Wrap Sandals + Mauve Plum:
- Shoes: Steve Madden Werkit Sandals in Black Suede, runs true to size on me, the suede is comfortable on the feet and soft in between the toes so no breaking in required
- Toes: Dior Mirage is one of my favorite mauve plums, in my experience, Dior polishes have the best brush for easy DIY application (they’re curved to match the shape of the nail), the formula is also really good
- Lips: Rouge Dior Brilliant Shine in Victoire and Miss
Nude + Nude:
- Shoes: Tory Burch Miller Sandals in Makeup (runs true to size)
- Toes: Tom Ford Sugar Dune is my holy grail nude pink that goes with everything! It has smooth coverage with medium to full coverage, two coats is sufficient most of the time, but sometimes if I don’t have a super steady hand I need a third coat to even it out
- Accessories: Tory Burch Robinson Coin Purse in Black and Small York Case in Light Oak
- Shoes: Tory Burch Terra Sandals (runs true to size but on the narrow side)
- Toes: Chanel Espadrilles is a gorgeous bright orangey red (if you remember Chanel Holiday, this is almost identical in case you missed out on that color)
- Hat: from Nordstrom
- Dress: Stripe Shift Dress
What’s your favorite summer pedicure color to wear? Do you switch things up depending on outfit or shoes? I’m forever searching for a good opaque off-white nail polish that doesn’t look streaky, isn’t sheer and that also doesn’t look like white out on my toes. Any with medium-tan to deep skintone if you’ve found one please let me know! I love the way it looks on my friends but they are all at least 2-3 shades fairer than me and also have pink undertones so they can pull off white polish easier than me. If you have any sandal favorites please let me know! I live for recommendations because it makes it so much easier to narrow down styles to try on.
Many thanks to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post. As always all opinions my own.