As requested, here are the items I brought with me on my recent trip. All the items were carried in my well-loved Bobbi Brown Train Case (from 12+ years ago and no longer available for sale, Old Hollywood Version still available). I tend to overpack for makeup so the case limits what I bring. If it can’t fit, it doesn’t travel with me. I’ve split the items into three categories: Lips, Face/Cheeks and Eyes.
- YSL Volupté Sheer Candy in 02 Dewy Papaya gives the lips a sheer healthy hint of color, it’s super sheer but super hydrating and makes my lips glow
- Tom Ford Spanish Pink is one of the few Tom Ford lipsticks I’ve used up, this is my second tube, it’s the perfect pink peach nude cream (review here when I used to be super tan)
- Estee Lauder Crystal Baby Lip Gloss has been a lipgloss I’ve repeatedly applied, it’s a nice youthful baby pink shimmer with a hint of warmth
- Nudestix Soul Lip & Cheek Pencil is something I brought with me as a multi-tasking product, I didn’t end up using it on my trip because I kept using the YSL
- For foundation I brought Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet and Tom Ford Foundation Stick for extra coverage, both proved to be good picks for humid warm weather
- Chanel Les Beiges No 20 was all I needed for a touch up powder, I used NARS Light Reflecting Loose Powder to set (I find it photographs perfectly and if it’s ever discontinued I’ll have a serious meltdown)
- I brought two bronzers with me on accident with NARS Matte Multiple in Vientiane and MAC Refresh Mineralize Skinfinish Duo (I meant to grab a pink multiple) but they ended up being good layered together, sometimes I need a slight creamy/dewy base to put underneath powder blush
- The only blush I brought with me was Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat, it was perfect for day and night
- For eyes I tried to be a minimalist but kinda went a bit overboard, I brought one eyeshadow palette in Urban Decay Naked 3 which has all the colors I need for the rest of my life
- For brows I brought Tom Ford Brow Sculptor in Espresso and By Terry Brow Mascara in Dark Brown
- For day, I brought a shimmery bronze Tom Ford Metallic Minx and smokey khaki taupe shimmer pencil Nudestix Smoke Eye Pencil (review soon)
- For night time eyes, I used By Terry Ombre Blackstars in Bronze Moon and Frozen Quartz layered together and added a tiny bit of powder shadows on top to intensify the look for a bronze and pink smokey eye, I also brought along Tom Ford Eye Defining Pen, it’s the only black liquid liner that I have been able to get to work for me (it stays put, applies evenly and doesn’t bleed)
- For lashes I’ve been using a combination of Diorshow Maximizer Lash Primer and Guerlain Maxi Lash Waterproof for volume
To those who asked to see what I brought with me, I hope this helps! I always have a makeup overpacking problem so my fellow beauty lovers – if you have any tips I’d love to hear what you bring with you on trips/travel whether it’s a weekend getaway, a week trip or extended vacation.