Travel Makeup | Summer Edition

As requested, here are the items I brought with me on my recent trip. All the items were carried in my well-loved Bobbi Brown Train Case (from 12+ years ago and no longer available for sale, Old Hollywood Version still available). I tend to overpack for makeup so the case limits what I bring. If it can’t fit, it doesn’t travel with me. I’ve split the items into three categories: Lips, Face/Cheeks and Eyes.

To those who asked to see what I brought with me, I hope this helps! I always have a makeup overpacking problem so my fellow beauty lovers – if you have any tips I’d love to hear what you bring with you on trips/travel whether it’s a weekend getaway, a week trip or extended vacation.

Comments

1. July 1, 2014 / 11:54 pm

I am pretty sure you get this very often – nonetheless, it's worth having you read it over and over again: you take the best product pictures – hands down. Love your blog, IG – everything. Xoxo

• July 2, 2014 / 12:49 am

Thank you Patricia, so kind of you to say 🙂

2. July 2, 2014 / 12:06 am

Hi,

just want to say ur blog pics are amazing and may i know what software you use to edit your pictures?

lex. x

• July 2, 2014 / 12:50 am

I currently use Adobe Photoshop Elements 11, I've used various versions over the years.

3. July 2, 2014 / 4:13 am

I do the same too! Pick a really small cosmetic case and cram as much in as possible. Usually that means I tend to bring products that do double duty i.e lipstick as blush, dark eyeshadows for eyeliner, I've even used lipbalm as a brow gel =X

4. July 2, 2014 / 7:36 am

Posts about packing for trips are my favourites, and yours are the best! Really love the selection of products!
    When I travel I try to stick to a option more suitable for everyday and one more evening appropriate for each category, not more. This way I can mix it up a bit. xx
    gyudynotesofbeauty.blogspot.com

5. July 2, 2014 / 9:15 am

I could take this edit and travel off into the sunset right now, and that never happens. Heavenly!!!

6. July 2, 2014 / 1:41 pm

The train case is stunning. I have seen a few by River Island that have the same multilayered feel.

nueyork.blogspot.com

7. July 3, 2014 / 3:29 pm

Better to overpack than to pack too little! Its nice to have options and you never know how you'll feel one day or how your skin will be acting – I'm the same way with clothes.

I absolutely love that train case. Bookmarked for a future splurge. 🙂

8. July 4, 2014 / 8:32 am

Love all the products you have there, colours & brands, I especially love the urban decay naked 3 palette..

9. July 7, 2014 / 7:30 pm

So many products pictured here that i'd like to try out! The Naked 3 palette looks so pretty here 🙂

YouTube – Sybil Mae