MAC Sharon Osbourne Collection Picks | Duchess Eyeshadow Quad, Bijou and Pussywillow LipglassJune 11, 2014
- Sweet Eyes (Veluxe Pearl) is a pearly pale champagne gold and ivory shimmer
- Sexy Eyes (Veluxe Pearl) is a soft pinky copper shimmer
- Femme Fatale (Satin) is a warmer copper shimmer
- Embark (Matte) is a matte brown (on me it looks more satiny)
- Top notes: White Pepper. Softer than black pepper, it diffuses elegant spiciness through the top notes.
- Heart notes: Silk Blossom. Its fruity, peachy character and subtle green accent give the fragrance its enticing silky lightness. The heart of the fragrance is further enhanced by rose and jasmine petals.
- Base notes: The verdancy of moss cushions the base of the fragrance in earthy, woody warmth.
I know many are fans of layering Jo Malone fragrances. I’ve mixed and layered a few on occasion but I prefer to wear them alone as is. That being said I’ve mixed my Silk Blossom with samples from gifts I’ve accumulated, I’ve found it blends well with Peony and Blush Suede and Orange Blossom.
Overall a winner in my book for spring and summer florals which seem to be taking over my fragrance routine these days. I find it lasts longer on me than most Jo Malone scents do and it fades nicely on the skin as it wears throughout the day. It doesn’t turn sweet or bitter like some florals can.
I’m normally not drawn to such sweet florals, but these days I’m loving Dolce by Dolce and Gabbana, Diptyque Geranium Odorata and still going through Jo Malone Wild Bluebell.
Jo Malone Silk Blossom is a limited-edition scent. It comes in three options:
- Small 30 ml bottle ($65)
- Large 100 ml bottle ($120)
- 7 oz Candle ($70)
I’ve been contemplating the candle, however it seemed significantly sweeter in the store. The pink packaging is to die for but I have some Diptyque on my wish list right now. Silk Blossom is available while supplies last at Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Saks, Selfridges and Jo Malone.
Comparisons below: MAC Aria (discontinued), MAC Malt, MAC Kid (discontinued), Urban Decay Naked3
Available online at Nordstrom, Macy’s, Bloomingdales and maccosmetics.com.
neroli, lily of the valley, fig milk, peach
orchid, iris, musk – it is very feminine.
Have you tried anything from the La Collection de Grasse? What scent is your favorite?
Chanel Tutti Frutti applies smoothly with full coverage. It’s the perfect mix between pink and coral. The color is bright and summery. I applied it here with two coats: