- Bicicletta a pale pink polish has micro glitters
- Gondoliere a vibrant orange-based opaque glossy red nail polish
- Oliveto a perfect olive green that reflects the flash of rainbow and purple and periwinkle shimmers
- Motorini a moodier, darker sister of the famed and playful Aqua Lily (which I missed out on), with a medium base of blue/aqua has a flash of surging fuchsia shimmer
- Meow Meow is a dark hunter green shows off a finely milled glitter
- Melanzane is a complex mix of blue, purple, silver and violet glitters
Today’s Summer DetailsJuly 31, 2014
- Daphne is a beige gold with multi-colored shimmer flecks of gold, silver, champagne, rose gold
- Maia is a metallic shade that’s a rich a rose gold peach frost
Daphne has a nude-beige base that is similar to my skin tone. I found it naturally flattering for a conservative polished look that’s work-appropriate. I found it to be a slightly darker beige compared to most other neutral nudes I own. I suspect those with tan skin will really like this one as a perfect nude that doesn’t look too pale. The pigment and coverage is very good.
Maia is a rich cantaloupe-colored metallic. Metallics sometimes worry me since brush strokes can be very visible and streaky looking. Maia has a smooth finish with minimal brush strokes showing. It’s very warm on my skin but the hint of pink in the shimmer prevents it from being a pure orange.
- Native is a pink option with a medium-dark bronzer with a soft shimmer, a opal pinkish champagne highlighter and a matte pink blush
- Streak is a warmer option with a lighter shimmery bronzer, a pale peachy shimmer highlighter and a stunning coral matte blush
I’m overall disappointed. I’ve tried numerous times to make these work, and with extra tweaking I can only make them work 1/2 the time. They look so beautiful in the compacts and when swatched on the hands or arms. On the face the pigment and texture don’t quite translate the same. Given the overwhelming number of rave reviews, I suspect I’m in the minority with my thoughts. I’ve mentioned in recent posts I’ve had skin issues and breakouts – my skin issues aren’t on the cheek area in case you’re wondering if it’s skin problems causing the issue in application. For additional reference, Temptalia has detailed thoughts on Native, Streak and Strip, my experiences are similar to hers.
Burberry Summer Showers Lip Glow Balm and Nail Polishes | Orange Poppy, Pink Peony and Pink AzaleaJune 23, 2014
- Lip Glow Balms ($28 each for 4 g/0.14 oz) are sheer tinted lip balms with SPF 18
- Nail Polishes ($21 each for 8 ml/0.27 fl oz) come in three highly pigmented colors
- Fresh Glow Blush ($38 each for 5 g/0.18 oz) are sheer dewy cheek sticks with a slight tint of color
First up are the Lip Glow Balms. These are a sheer tinted lip balm. The color on these is very sheer if you swipe directly from the tube. To get more color use a lip brush (which is how I’ve been using them). Orange Poppy No. 01 goes on quite bright if you layer it swiping back and forth. If you swipe once or blot it goes on more natural and brightens the face. I found it photographed well. Pink Peony No. 02 is the perfect natural pink glow. It’s on the sheer side but it gives your lips a healthy pink glow. Pink Azalea No. 03 is lovely plum pink but the sheer texture makes it apply slightly unevenly on my lips (this can be fixed with a plum lip liner underneath). These are semi-hydrating. They have a glossy sheen in the finish but they aren’t super moist feeling like YSL Volupte Sheer Candy. I would say the pigment level falls somewhere in between YSL Rouge Volupte Shines and Tom Ford Lip Shines.
Overall a lovely palette of sheer summer brights that aren’t too bright. The colors are naturally flattering and beautiful for everyday wear. I’m in love with Orange Poppy Nail Polish. I’ve swatched and photographed comparisons but haven’t had time to label the items. I’ll update this post later this evening with those for reference.
The Burberry Beauty Summer Showers collection can be found at Nordstrom and Burberry. I’m not sure whether or not these are limited-edition but will update if I receive more information.
Have you checked out Burberry Beauty’s summer items? Now that fall collections are starting to hit counters what was your favorite summer beauty collection this year?
MAC Sharon and Kelly Osbourne Mineralize Skinfinish Duos and Satin BlushesJune 14, 2014
- Refresh Mineralize Skinfinish Duo has a satiny warm bronze and a shimmering champagne peachy pink. The pigment on this one is really good and it shows up well on the skin by itself.
- Jolly Good Mineralize Skinfinish Duo is more satiny in texture. It has a shimmery finish but not as frosty or shimmery as other MSFs. The color is on the nude side so on my skin it is very sheer similar to Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders. If you’re in want of a more contrasted highlighter you may not like this one.
- Peaches & Cream is a rose pink satiny texture blush. It has a bit of shimmer in it but on the cheeks it isn’t overly frosty. Even though it has the word “peaches” in the name, it’s not really peachy or warm, it’s definitely more rose.
- Cheeky Bugger is a cool toned lighter pink. It’s also a satin finish. On me it shows up even though it’s pale in the pan. It gives a natural pink glow.