As promised I have a look at the new Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Lip Colors ($45 each) for fall. I have 9 of the 12 new neutrals to share swatches of. As a neutral lip lover I could not be more excited for these! All of the colors are available now online at Chanel.com.
The Rouge Allure Lipstick is one of my long-time favorite formulas, although a number of my favorite shades were limited-edition or have been discontinued by now. This is a classic lipstick formula with a luminous glow. Glides on beautifully on the lips. Medium buildable coverage with most shades, the bolds being very opaque. These have a very subtle almost skincare scent but it’s barely there.
Lasting power is medium – they have a glossy finish so they’re not super long wearing but they will stay put as long as you don’t have any contact with your lips. It’s a formula I don’t mind re-applying!
Colors for fall are in the neutral range. There are light shades, medium tones and deeper colors. I skipped the brown tones since I rarely end up wearing them. Every single color I tried has a beautiful smooth texture. The lighter shades are smooth and have very good pigment. The deeper tones are also smooth (no streaking or patchy texture).
In indoor natural light:
I received 5 shades in PR and then ordered some additional shades to review:
- 194 Sensibilite is a light peachy pink
- 195 Mise A Nu is a beige
- 196 A Demi Mot is a neutral medium pink
- 198 Nuance is a rose pink
- 199 Inattendu is a muted mauve brown
- 206 Illusion is a pale beige nude
- 209 Alter Ego is a soft brown
- 211 Subtile is a deeper berry
- 212 Caractere is a medium brown
Lip swatches below wearing:
- Foundation Chanel Les Beiges Water-Fresh Complexion Touch in B40 (review here)
- Powder Laura Mercier Translucent Ultra-Blur Loose Powder in Translucent
- Bronzer Les Beiges Oversize Healthy Glow Sun-Kissed Powder in Medium (swatches of all 3 shades here)
- Blush Joues Contraste 72 Rose Initiale
- Highlighter Poudre Lumiere in 20 Warm Gold
- Eyeshadow Les 4 Ombres in Candeur Et Experience
- Mascara Chanel Noir Allure 4D Mascara (coming soon)
- Top All Saints (color sold out, similar here)
So many great colors to pick from and I love them all. I cannot pick a favorite although I have been wearing 194 for several days and I also love 196 A Demi Mot and 198 Nuance. Have you checked these out yet? What colors do you have your eye on?
Fall 2022 Le Vernis colors swatched here.
You can find these available now online at Chanel and Nordstrom.