As promised I have a look at the new Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Lip Colors ($45 each) for fall. I have 9 of the 12 new neutrals to share swatches of. As a neutral lip lover I could not be more excited for these! All of the colors are available now online at Chanel.com.
The Rouge Allure Lipstick is one of my long-time favorite formulas, although a number of my favorite shades were limited-edition or have been discontinued by now. This is a classic lipstick formula with a luminous glow. Glides on beautifully on the lips. Medium buildable coverage with most shades, the bolds being very opaque. These have a very subtle almost skincare scent but it’s barely there.
Lasting power is medium – they have a glossy finish so they’re not super long wearing but they will stay put as long as you don’t have any contact with your lips. It’s a formula I don’t mind re-applying!
Colors for fall are in the neutral range. There are light shades, medium tones and deeper colors. I skipped the brown tones since I rarely end up wearing them. Every single color I tried has a beautiful smooth texture. The lighter shades are smooth and have very good pigment. The deeper tones are also smooth (no streaking or patchy texture).
In indoor natural light:
I received 5 shades in PR and then ordered some additional shades to review:
- 194 Sensibilite is a light peachy pink
- 195 Mise A Nu is a beige
- 196 A Demi Mot is a neutral medium pink
- 198 Nuance is a rose pink
- 199 Inattendu is a muted mauve brown
- 206 Illusion is a pale beige nude
- 209 Alter Ego is a soft brown
- 211 Subtile is a deeper berry
- 212 Caractere is a medium brown
Lip swatches below wearing:
- Foundation Chanel Les Beiges Water-Fresh Complexion Touch in B40 (review here)
- Powder Laura Mercier Translucent Ultra-Blur Loose Powder in Translucent
- Bronzer Les Beiges Oversize Healthy Glow Sun-Kissed Powder in Medium (swatches of all 3 shades here)
- Blush Joues Contraste 72 Rose Initiale
- Highlighter Poudre Lumiere in 20 Warm Gold
- Eyeshadow Les 4 Ombres in Candeur Et Experience
- Mascara Chanel Noir Allure 4D Mascara (coming soon)
- Top All Saints (color sold out, similar here)
So many great colors to pick from and I love them all. I cannot pick a favorite although I have been wearing 194 for several days and I also love 196 A Demi Mot and 198 Nuance. Have you checked these out yet? What colors do you have your eye on?
Fall 2022 Le Vernis colors swatched here.