I’m excited to share a look at some newness from By Terry today! She recently launched her new By Terry Brightening CC Palette in Beach Bomb for this spring-summer and it is beautiful. If you loved or own last year’s Sunny Flash Palette (which is still available, review here) I think you will also love this year’s Beach Bomb. The colors are perfect for that soft summery vibe and if you like super soft powders that have a nice glow and shimmer I think you’ll love the texture of this one.
Beach Bomb has four brightening CC powders. They’re soft illuminating powders with color and glow. They also contain rosehip oil to add moisture although I don’t really notice any added hydration. Below in direct sunlight:
Different lighting below:
Colors seem best suited for anywhere from fair to tan skin tones. If you are deeper than the darkest bronze shade in the palette I suspect the colors will be more highlighter versus blush colors on your skin. For my medium tan skin this is perfect.
Colors in the Beach Bomb palette:
- Bright Sand a soft peachy sand glow (acts as a highlighter on my tan skin)
- Peach Perfect is a peachy coral
- Pink Sunset is a cool bright pink
- Golden Bronze is a warm bronze (last year’s Sunny Flash is a bit more golden/yellow)
You can layer and mix all the colors for a variety of different looks. I applied three of the colors separately on the cheeks (layered with the first highlighter shade). Below wearing:
- Foundation By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Foundation in 400W (swatches here)
- Concealer By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Concealer in 300N* (swatches of 200, 300, 400 here)
- Powder By Terry By Terry Hyaluronic Tinted Hydra-Powder in 300*
- Eyeshadow By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Bronze Moon and Natasha Denona Mini Nude Eyeshadow Palette (review here)
- Eyeliner By Terry Precision Waterproof in Black*
- Mascara Sisley So Stretch Mascara*
- Sweater Tank by Reformation
- Lips + Cheek Colors listed below
I love how soft and pretty the colors are! The shimmer in this year’s Beach Bomb seems a bit stronger and more glowy than last year’s Sunny Flash, but I still find the glow wearable and soft. Lasting power is pretty good and it stays put on the face all day for me. The palette has the signature By Terry Rose scent (has added fragrance). It is noticeable but isn’t too strong in my opinion, although your mileage may vary depending on how sensitive your nose is.
Bottom line I love it. I think it’s a really pretty option for spring to summer and versatile with the warm and cool tones.
Shop the Post:
Beach Bomb palette provided for review. Other press samples featured also indicated with a *.