I’m so excited to share a look at the By Terry Summer Collection today! I received a few pieces as press samples and immediately ordered the remaining items online to try everything. If you like glowing luminous makeup, I think you’ll love what she launched for summer. There are a few skincare items as well that are part of the new product lineup which I haven’t tried yet but am dying to. Today’s post focuses on the makeup launches.
- Brightening CC Palette in Sunny Flash* ($65)
- Ombre Blackstar* ($38) in three new shades Immaculate Light, Rose Elixir and Sunny Flash
- Brightening CC Blush in Rosy Flash ($39)
- Tea to Tan Face and Body Bronzer ($88 for the set, $22 for the travel size)
Brightening CC Palette in Sunny Flash
The Brightening CC Palette is a truly stunning glow palette with 2 highlighters, one luminous blush and a bronzer shimmer. The colors in the palette have a soft blendable texture. Everything is luminous and glowy but in a smooth non-frosty way. I do think the shades are different than the previously launched Brightening CC Powders, although they have some similarities. Palette colors are not labeled on the compact but according to the website, the shades include:
- No 1 Champagne Blush a soft beige yellow shimmer (this is a tad more yellow than the Brightening CC Powder in Apricot Flash
- No 2 Pink Petal is a soft glistening pink with tiny super fine micro sparkles (this one one warmer and deeper than Brightening CC Powder Rose Elixir)
- No 3 Vibrant rose is a perfect fresh rose pink shimmer
- No 4 Desert Sparkle is a soft golden bronze shimmer (more shimmery and slightly more golden than Brightening CC Powder Sunny Flash)
I would describe this as a softer variation of my beloved Becca Chrissy Teigen Palette (now discontinued). The By Terry Brightening CC Palette is versatile in the sense you can wear it on its own if you want an all over glow. Or you can layer onto your regular blush/bronzer for just a subtle highlight.
Beauty breakdown below wearing:
- Foundation is Armani Luminous Silk 6.5
- Concealer is the Armani Luminous Silk Concealer 6.5 (review soon!)
- Powder is Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless in Medium
- Eyeshadows are By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Immaculate Light and Sunny Flash
- Eyeliner is Chanel Stylo Yeux in Noir Intense
- Mascara is Gucci Mascara L’Obscur
- Brows are Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Caramel
- Cheeks are all 4 shades in Brightening CC Palette
- Lip Color is Sisley Phyto Lip Twist in #11 Litchi
Brightening CC Blush in Rosy Flash
The Brightening CC Blush in Rosy Flash is a new formula in the By Terry lineup. It has a similar concept to the Brightening CC Serums in the sense that it has the same Optical Glow technology they use in their formulas. The Brightening CC Blush is essentially a sheer luminous liquid blush. It’s very natural on my medium skin. I can layer for more color, but blending it out gives a barely there glow. One pump is more than enough to apply to the cheeks. I find that if I could truly measure it, I’d probably say I only need 1/2 a pump to apply the product.
Living in humid Florida I don’t know how this will last once we are back in the outdoors on a regular basis. It doesn’t really have a powder dry down. It remains slightly dewy but not too dewy.
Straight out of the pump vs blended:
Below same base/eye makeup as the above photo. Cheeks just have the Rosy Flash Brightening CC Blush. Lips are the Sisley Phyto Lip Twist in #2 Baby.
The Ombre Blackstars are among my favorite cream shadow sticks. There isn’t anything on the market quite like the ones from By Terry. They have the most beautiful pearl quality with high shine and gorgeous pigment. There are three new shades listed as limited-editions but I hope they consider adding them to the permanent lineup because I LIVE FOR these kinds of colors!
- Immaculate Light is the perfect champagne shimmer with a tiny hint of peach
- Rose Elixir is a light cool-toned pale rose shimmer
- Sunny Flash is the perfect golden bronze
If you can wear shimmer on your eyes I think these are hands down must-haves. They have an emollient blendable texture long enough to blend or layer on the lids. Once they set they are pretty much budge-proof.
Swatches to other colors:
Tea to Tan Face and Body
Last but not least is By Terry’s cult classic Tea to Tan Face and Body Spray. It’s now available in a duo set and travel size. I don’t typically use self-tanners on the face because I have sensitive skin and feel I can only tolerate some on the body. Also many have a slightly thick feeling or leave a film on the skin which I don’t like. This is the first one I’ve tried that I really like.
There is a very fine gold shimmer in the bottle which mixes into the liquid when you shake it up. The full size comes with a spritzer while the travel size does not. For the full size I spritzed product on a brush and then applied to areas I want more color.
Once it’s on the skin I am pleased to report I didn’t experience any color transfer to the clothes. It stays put pretty well. It has a lovely summery scent I can’t put my finger on. It almost smells like gardenia and tiare maybe?
Overall I think the collection offers some really lovely products to brighten one’s look and certainly one’s mood these days. While you might find similar options in your current stash, I do think the CC Palette is really lovely and one I’ll be reaching for frequently this upcoming season. I can’t get enough of the new Ombre Blackstar colors, hoping they’ll be permanent because they’re truly lovely!
You can find the By Terry Summer 2020 Collection available now online at By Terry. I ordered a few things from their website and shipping was relatively fast. They also have some nice deluxe samples with purchase (there are different options depending on how much you spend). A few items have started to appear online at Beautylish and Space NK.
The By Terry Brightening CC Palette and Ombre Blackstar Eyeshadows were provided for review. Other items purchased by me.