By popular request I have a look at some of the new Chanel Rouge Coco Flash Lip Colors ($38 each) and the new Voyage de Chanel Travel Face Palette ($70). There are some really nice colors out for a pretty soft fresh glow this season.
Chanel replaced their Rouge Coco Shine with a new formula called Rouge Coco Flash. The formula seem very similar to each other, I really cannot tell the difference except in the packaging and the newer ones seem to have a slightly more hydrating feel. Rouge Coco Flash has a sheer color formula with a high glossy finish. They’re smooth and hydrating with an emollient balm-like feel. These have sheer pigment for the natural lighter shades. The deeper brighter colors will have more color payoff. I limited myself to five and ordered a few to see how I liked the formula before committing to more.
These have that signature lipstick scent that some of the Chanel lipsticks have (like their Rouge Coco). It’s not overpowering or too strong. I can really only notice it when I take a hard sniff. They have a very glossy feel and lots of shine. Lasting power is not really there, but that is expected with a sheer glossy lip product. Color stayed on for around 2-3 hours without touching the lips to any drinks or snacks. Since these are comfortable I don’t mind reapplying.
Colors I bought:
- Boy 54 is a soft neutral mauve pink, I searched everywhere for the original Boy to compare, but I no longer own it
- Flash 74 is a bright peach in the tube, on the lips it sheers out to give a pretty brightened peachy pink, this one is my FAVORITE
- Live 82 is a gorgeous medium deeper rosy pink with gold flecks, the shimmer is very subtle
- Immediat 84 looks like the perfect pinky peach in the tube, on my lips it’s very sheer, I had to do several swipes and layers for it to show up on me, but the color is really pretty
- Jour 90 is a medium warm pinky rose cream
Up next is a look at a new face palette from Chanel. I received a press sample of the new Voyage de Chanel Travel Palette. Right now it’s exclusive to Chanel.com in the US. It has four cheek shades in a quad similar to the Coco Codes from a few years back. It’s described as having “baked powder” technology which makes it soft and fine in texture. It is a soft powder that gives a very natural effect. You can layer for more coverage. Since the colors are all close to each other without a separator swirling/mixing colors is most likely going to happen. Application is smooth and even. Finish is natural but glowy. Lasting power was very good – stayed put all day without darkening or budging.
Voyage de Chanel is inspired by four cities:
- Paris is a warm pink satin shimmer
- London is a coral satin
- New York is a shimmery brown
- Tokyo is a soft champagne pink highlight
Swatches and comparisons below:
Voyage de Chanel vs. Coco Code:
Makeup look wearing:
- Foundation – Chanel Sublimage Le Teint in 40 Beige
- Powder – Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Powder No. 20 + 30 mixed to set
- Cheeks – Chanel Voyage de Chanel Palette swirled in pan and applied
- Eyeshadow – Natasha Denona Mini Nude Eyeshadow Palette
- Brows – By Terry Brow Mascara
- Lips – Chanel Rouge Coco Flash in Flash 74
- Top – Reformation Ribbed Top
Overall some lovely classics for the spring season. The Rouge Coco Flash lipsticks have a pretty color range for a fresh easy to wear glossy lip. If I had taken more time to look at the colors in person I would have picked a few of the brighter or deeper shades, but I did want to pick a few safe shades to test the formula. Out of the options I picked I can see myself wearing Flash on a regular basis. Jour and Live are also really pretty. As much as I had high hopes for the classic Boy shade, it kinda makes me look washed out.
The Voyage de Chanel Face Palette offers a nice glow to add warmth, color and a little bit of sheen to the complexion. It’s nice for those who want color that’s not overdone. I’ve gotten a little bit of my tan back and found it showed up well on me even with a light hand. I think if I’m a shade deeper it will still show up.
Have you tried the new Rouge Coco Flash or new launches from Chanel? What did you think?
Rouge Coco Flash purchased by me. Voyage de Chanel gifted by Chanel.