I have a review of a some things from a few recent Becca collections today. The Becca x Chrissy Teigen Holiday Kits are perfect for the holiday season and after playing with both I’ve decided these are what I’m wearing on Thankgiving! They’re glowing, effortless and versatile! I also have a look at three of the Volcano Goddess Glow Glosses which are limited-edition but still available at Ulta Beauty.
- BECCA x Chrissy Teigen Glow Recipe Kit ($44 for the kit, made in USA)
- BECCA x Chrissy Teigen Lip Icing Glow Gloss Kit ($29 for 4 minis 2.5 g each, made in USA)
- Volcano Goddess Glow Gloss x 3 ($22 each for 5 g/0.18 oz, made in USA)
I’ve been the biggest fan of the first Becca x Chrissy Teigen Glow Face Palette. It’s one of my most-worn palettes to date (review here). If you don’t own it I highly recommend checking it out. Even with all the other options I find it has the perfect tones for bronzer, blush and highlighters. It has gone with me on almost every trip. The Becca x Chrissy Holiday kits are truly some of the cutest set options for holiday. I think they’ve made sets suitable for any age and skin color. They would make super cute gift sets for teens, college age, even full on adults like myself. I can even see my mother-in-law wearing these kinds of colors and we have completely different coloring.
The BECCA x Chrissy Teigen Lip Icing Glow Gloss Kit has four mini lip glosses. The colors are so good I wish they came in full sizes but given the number of gloss I already have I don’t mind. I’ll for sure use these up and they’re tiny enough to fit in the smallest of holiday clutches or a small pocket. They’re all very smooth and have nice even coverage.
Colors have a soft vanilla scent to them:
- Creme Brulee is a sheer shimmering soft pink with sparkles
- Cinnamon Bun is a medium shimmering bronze
- Sugar Plum is a soft plum gold, on me plums pull red, but if you have neutral lips this might pull more true to tube
- Candy Cane is a bright warm bold red creme
The BECCA x Chrissy Teigen Glow Recipe Kit has three glow items, four if you count the duo as two items. I think they’re perfect to create an almost entire look. You just need your base, liner and mascara. Maybe a blush or bronzer if you want more color on the cheeks. These are sweet sugary smelling (except the eyeshadow).
- Confectionary Glow Powder in Cinammon Sugar is a shimmering warm gold
- Liquid Lip Matte Lip Souffle in Red Velvet is a neutral pink brown (pulls warm on me)
- Glow Souffle Eyeshadow and Face Highlighter Duo in Cinnamon Churro has a perfect shimmering warm soft brown and a glossy glowy sheer gold cream highlighter that almost feels like a jelly (it’s pretty dewy but blends out smoothly)
Beauty look shown below wearing:
- Eyes and Cheeks have the Becca x Chrissy Glow Recipe Kit Eyeshadow, Cream Highlighter and Loose Powder
- Lips have the Mini Sugar Plum Lip Gloss
- Base is Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in 6.5 + Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Pressed Powder #2
- Concealer is Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Concealer 3W
- Mascara is L’Oreal Lash Paradise Waterproof
- Eyeliner is the Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Perversion
- Brows are Hourglass Arch Brow in Soft Brunette
- Crewneck sweater is from Nordstrom (these run big, I’d recommend sizing down)
- Hair curled with the T3 Twirl Trio, 1.5 inch barrel + Living Proof Flex Hairspray
I received the entire Volcano Goddess Limited-edition makeup collection for the fall season. These arrived a few weeks ago so they’re not new – you’ve probably already seen these pop up on your feed. There’s a pretty Volcano Goddess Eyeshadow Palette, Lava Gold Highlighter and 3 Glow Glosses. Given the vast number of launches this season, I decided to only keep the glosses and saved the other items for giveaways. The Glow Glosses are really pretty. The formula is one of my favorites (review of other Becca Glow Glosses here). The three in the Volcano Goddess Collection do not disappoint!
- Metamorphic Gold is PERFECTION on my lips! It’s a sheer pale gold that flashes pink and pearl sparkles, I love the transparent quality which gives my lips a pretty glow
- Molton Mauve is a full coverage cool-neutral mauve pink brown color with some gold flecks
- Ruby Fire is one of the prettiest sheer red plums with gold flecks, it is sheer so my natural lip shows through
All three swatched alongside Red Velvet from the Chrissy Glow Recipe Kit:
Gloss comparison swatches for reference to other Becca colors, lip swatches of the other Becca Glow Gloss shades here. I think the holiday ones are different enough from the current lineup to justify buying.
Beauty look with Volcano Goddess Glow Gloss in Metamorphic Gold on the lips and the Becca x Chrissy Glow Face Palette on the cheeks. Same base, eye shadow and mascara colors worn as listed in the photo above. Nail color is Chanel Organdi which is the perfect everyday neutral pink – and it doesn’t chip or get tip wear for around 5 days (sometimes 7) for me.
Bottom line solid wins! If I didn’t receive these as press samples I would 100% love to find this under my Christmas Tree or stocking. I think anyone would! They’re really easy to wear, don’t take any extra effort. Colors will work with a wide range of top colors: black, red, beige, pink, plum – really anything you can imagine wearing this holiday season.
These sets put me in the holiday spirit while I was swatching and photographing the items. I also have really enjoyed reading about some of your holiday traditions in my last post! We really haven’t had any specific traditions since our lives have changed over the past couple of years with our move. Andrew and I do always spend the holidays together no matter what we’re doing – this will be our 17th holiday season together!
You can find the Becca x Chrissy Teigen Holiday Collection at all Becca retailers now. Online at Nordstrom, Sephora, Ulta Beauty, Beautylish, Becca Cosmetics. The Volcano Goddess collection looks like it’s still available even though it’s limited-edition but I could only find the Glow Gloss at Ulta Beauty and Becca Cosmetics.
Becca sets + gloss provided for review. As always opinions are my own.