My lip gloss loving self is overjoyed these days because gloss seems to be back! Becca launched a new Glow Lip Gloss ($22 for 0.18 oz/5 g) in ten colors. They’re a conditioning lip gloss that has the coverage of a natural medium-pigmented lipstick with a soft shine but cream finish. If you like a gloss that doesn’t have a super high shine but more of a natural shine these are the glosses for you.
The Becca Glow Lip Glosses have a soft mint scent and apply very smoothly on the lips. There’s enough density so they won’t slide off the lips like other glosses but they aren’t super thick and they feel comfortable on. Becca says they have 3D light reflecting pigments and ginger + peppermint oil. The colors were inspired by their best selling Shimmering Skin Perfector Highlighters and Luminous Blush shades so you can match your lip and cheek color.
Every single color is perfect. Pigment is natural but rich enough to cover the whole lip. There are lighter nudes in the collection that are wearable and do not wash my complexion out (yay!). All the shades are nice for everyday and there are a few bolder shades that can give a more dramatic look for something more fun. The packaging and design is the same as the Liquid Crystal Glow Glosses from last year, but the Glow Lip Gloss colors are a lot more wearable.
The product comes with an angled sponge tip applicator with a point for precise application. Colors descriptions and swatches below:
- Rose Quartz is a soft cool light pink shimmer
- Camellia is a cool-toned bright pink
- Snapdragon is a medium coral pink
- Opal is a nude opal pink shimmer
- Foxglove is a perfect berry mauve
- Champagne Creme is a shimmering gold
- Tigerlily is a coral peach shimmer
- Rose Gold is a neutral tan beige
- Chocolate Geode is a chocolate sparkle
- Dahlia is a plum (plums always look more red on my lips)
Close ups of each shade, let me know if you want me to keep doing these larger lip swatches or if you prefer the side by side better. Rose Quartz:
I cannot pick a favorite, every single color is perfect. I do find myself drawn to Opal, Foxglove, Snapdragon and Tigerlily though. A full look wearing the Becca Glow Lip Gloss + Shimmering Skin Perfector pressed in Opal:
- Foundation: La Prairie Skin Caviar Foundation + Concealer in Satin Nude (review here)
- Powder: Armani Luminous Silk Powder Foundation in #4
- Cheeks: Becca Sunlit Bronzer in Bronzed Bondi (swatches of all the colors here)
- Highlighter: Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal (review + swatch comparisons here)
- Eyeshadow: Pat McGrath MTHRSHP Eyeshadow Palette in Platinum Bronze (review here)
- Brow: Hourglass Arch Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel in Soft Brunette
- Lips: Becca Glow Lip Gloss in Opal
- Top: Tie Front Tank by 1.STATE
Bottom line lots to love. The color is perfect, pigment is smooth and flawless, texture is comfortable. Lasting power is average for a gloss but with these I don’t mind reapplying. Moisturizing properties are medium – on the lips they feel good and the formula did not dry out my lips or make them peel the next day, but they aren’t as hydrating as a lip balm. I think these are perfect year round but the colors have that fresh spring to summer vibe that adds life to the face without overdoing the color.
Becca glosses provided courtesy of Becca Cosmetics for review.