Urban Decay has launched a new lip gloss formula called the Hi-Fi Shine Ultra Cushion Lip Gloss ($20 each for 0.23 oz/ 7 mL). There are 20 shades total with creams and sparkles and shimmers. Urban Decay describes these as ultra-shiny, cushiony soft, long-lasting and not tacky. I’d say the description is on point on all counts. The color range is quite wide with something for everyone. The formula has a smooth finish and cool-plumping effect without the sting. They have vitamin E and peppermint oil and on my lips while they weren’t really hydrating they did not dry out the lips or make them peel.
These come with a sponge-tip applicator that is flat and skinny:
Up first are the cream colors which are non-shimmers. Pigment varies from sheer to medium. Most of them have a smooth finish in the color but there were a few I found streaky. Left to right: Urban Decay Hi-Fi Shine Lip Glosses Fuel, 1993, Obsessed, Beso, Rapture, Backtalk, Savage, Snitch, Bang, Jawbreaker.
Urban Decay Hi-Fi Shine Lip Glosses in cream shades:
- Fuel is a neutral pink beige
- 1993 is a medium tan sheer brown
- Obsessed is a pale pink (slightly streaky)
- Beso is a deep plum
- Rapture is a medium pink
- Backtalk is a perfect mauve
- Savage is a bright hot cool pink
- Snitch is a peachy coral
- Bang is a bright coral red
- Jawbreaker is a streaky purple violet
The shimmers are also smooth in texture. Some have some intense sparkle but none are gritty. Below left to right: Midnight Cowgirl, SPL, Fireball, Naked, Big Bang, Dirty Talk, Shadow Heart, Goldmine, Candy Flip, Snapped:
Swatched below left to right:
- Midnight Cowgirl is a sheer beige with gold flecks
- SPL is a clear base with light purple-pink sparkles
- Fireball is a clear base with duo chrome pink and orange sparkles
- Naked is a super sheer mauve shimmer
- Big Bang is a hot pink sparkle
- Dirty Talk is a copper sparkle
- Shadow Heart is a deep brown wine
- Goldmine is an unflattering yellow gold sparkle
- Candy Flip is a clear base with violet sparkles
- Snapped is a streaky purple base with blue sparkles
My favorites in general are the creams. Top five shade picks include Backtalk, Fuel, Snitch, Rapture and Fireball. I’ve been really impressed with the formula. They’re smooth but don’t slide around. The texture is indeed cushiony and comfortable to wear right now. It’s something I think I’ll appreciate even more once the humidity returns.
Overall thumbs up. There are a lot of fun colors to wear and a big enough range of neutrals that are different from each other. I like that a lot of these are natural looking without looking the same. Urban Decay did a great job at launching a diverse range. They do have a minty scent to them but it’s soft and not overpowering.
You can find the Urban Decay Hi-Fi Shine Lip Glosses out now in stores and online. Available at Sephora, Nordstrom, Macy’s, Ulta Beauty and Urban Decay. If you’re a Sephora Beauty Insider mark your calendar as their savings event starts this week for Rouge. More details and recommendations coming soon!
Urban Decay glosses provided courtesy of Urban Decay for review.