It’s hard to believe it’s already been two years since Christian Louboutin first launched Rouge Louboutin Nail Polish! Where has all the time gone? Since the first beauty launch from the luxury line there have been quite a few new additions for nails, lips and now perfume. For this fall season there are two new polishes that have been added to The Noirs Nail Colour ($50 each) in Mizzigoo and Miss Mars. As I still do not have any Louboutin beauty items at counters near me I ordered them immediately. They are simply lovely. Mizziggoo is a dark chocolate vamp brown cream and Miss Mars is a perfect steel grey metallic. Performance is perfect. My wallet is not happy but my fingers are. I know that a $50 nail color is very spendy. Many of you have asked me if it’s worth the price. I don’t think I could ever say that a $50 price tag for a nail polish is “worth it” but it doesn’t mean I won’t buy them. I’ve bought quite a few Louboutin Nail Polishes and I haven’t been disappointed yet.
They both have similar vibes to previously launched colors from other lines so you may want to shop your stash for dupes. I pulled a few other shades to compare (scroll down to the bottom). The verdict is that I’m still happy I bought both. The pigment is perfect, coverage flawless, lasting power phenomenal (up to 7 days without tip wear with a good top coat).
I’ve featured a closer look at the bottles and brushes in a few posts before but some of you have asked for another look. The brushes are thin and medium in length – longer than many other brands I own but still easy to use for precise application. The coverage is very good with the Noirs but I always use two coats. I’ve been testing the Nail Care Kit which is also very steep in price but very very good. Review on this soon.
Swatches below. Up first is Mizigoo which I think is just perfect!
Miss Mars is such a pretty steel grey. The brush strokes are minimal and shimmer/texture is very smooth:
Shown under indoor light where it looks more muted. Depending on the light sometimes Miss Mars appears less grey and more blue.
Swatch comparisons below. Note many of the shades shown below have been discontinued:
- Chanel Black Pearl (discontinued) is more green in undertone
- Dior Metal Montaigne has a more metallic finish while the Louboutin shimmer is more evenly distributed, the Louboutin has slightly cooler undertones
- Tom Ford Blackout (still available at Violet Grey) is deeper and more black
- Chanel Steel (discontinued) is deeper in color
- Louboutin Miziggoo is the most vampy brown color I have with the chocolate undertone, by comparison many of the others have a more red base
- Dior Skyline is a lot more red in undertone and lighter
- Chanel Rouge Noir (current version) by comparison almost looks red plum
- Dior Hypnotic is also more plum
- Chanel Western Light (discontinued) has a similar effect but the base is a lot cooler in undertone by comparison
One last look:
Bottom line flawless and I love them both. You can definitely find similar colors but I love the rich depth Miziggoo has. Miss Mars has a perfectly smooth shimmer and if you’re really picky with metallics and visible brush strokes this one is flawless with the smooth shimmer.
You can find them at Louboutin stores and counters now. Online at Nordstrom, Sephora, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman and Christian Louboutin.
Have you tried these yet? If not, what colors are you wearing on your nails this fall?