- You discover new things: I’ve discovered new blogs and vlogs. People I follow will often re-tweet content they find interesting to spread the word. I find these extremely helpful (most of the time). I’ve also discovered new blogs from people following me and tweeting interesting news.
- You can keep track of what’s up and coming: I’ve learned new things from various store or brand Tweets such as upcoming releases, events and apperances.
- Meet new people: There are brand managers, editors, artists, designers, company founders on Twitter. It’s interesting to read what they are loving right now!
- Track the brands you love: If you are a Sprinkles Cupcakes fan like me, you can find out where their SprinklesMobile is headed next by following them on Twitter @sprinklesmobile!
- Get advice fast: Several months ago, my dog ate my NARS Angelika Multiple and I freaked (after all, a NARS multiple is like the equivalent of maybe 4 full sized lipsticks?). I called the vet who assured me it was ok as long as she didn’t eat any of the plastic. Still in major panic mode while on the phone, I tweeted this to see if anyone else had a dog who ate their makeup. Sure enough people tweeted me back to reassure me I had no need to worry.
@NathanBranch of Nathan Branch gives us the latest news on the luxury markets & is my go-to source on fragrance news alerts
5 Aug – Luxury & Fashion Biz News: http://bit.ly/oPX1Vt – Luxury is back in the black, Annick Goutal changes hands, and the emergence of the DIY.
@PerilouslyPale of Perilously Pale has the funniest tweets
30 July – Well it’s official. Hubby now knows I have a blog.
@the_non_blonde of The Non-Blonde has tweets just as wonderful as her blog posts (yes for me on this!)
4 Aug – All the naps I resisted and fought as a little girl? I’ll take them now, please and thank you.
@CafeMakeup of Cafe Makeup’s tweeted what she’s loving/wearing right now (love her updates)
3 Aug – @rzrachelzoe Loving Chanel Quartz for Fall–a metallic fawn–very complex and pretty http://twitpic.com/60ejxj
@KarlaSugar Karla Sugar tweets new beauty news and shows pics (love her extra tidbits of news)
2 Aug – AND @MetierBeaute is coming out w/ a slew of nail polishes at @neimanmarcus as holiday stockingstuffers. Hope Chrome Passion is one of them!
@naturalNchicmak snapped a photo of Armani Fall 2011 at the counters (instant gratification for me while I wait for it to arrive in Southern California)
6 Aug – Armani fall collection: http://yfrog.com/kh8xeumrj
@BTiBeauty lets us know as soon as the newest items arrive instore!
3 Aug – Actually, all of the Aquarelles de Chanel Collection collection arrived @neimanmarcus Tysons Galleria today. Located all of it in shipment.
Also courtesy of Nathan Branch, here’s an interesting article on Twitter and Brands (see it here).
If you want to share why or why not or other thoughts, please do so in the comments, thanks!