Happy Monday! Hope you had a great weekend 🙂 I have a quick what’s in my bag post today. Since moving to Florida I’ve made a few changes in my bag contents. With stronger sunshine I now carry some kind of sunscreen with me to reapply. For some reason I’ve found my skin feels a bit more dry, especially with the hands so I carry more hand cream. I also carry more perfume with me on-the-go. Our first days here we got a lot of bug bites and since I usually swell up with any kind of bite I was in a bit of a panic. With bites I spray perfume on the bite as soon as I feel something swell or see a tiny dot. For some reason spraying perfume immediately helps stop the itching and swelling for most bites (at least on me). We did some research and found that the bugs usually come out at dusk so we’ve tried to avoid the outdoors during that time and haven’t had another bug bite since.
What I’ve had in my bag lately:
Full list of what I have in my bag:
- I like to carry flat zip pouches to keep things organized and separated. If you make an order online at Glossier their items usually come in a cute bubble zip pink pouch. I’ve found these to be great for storing things and you can also order a pack of 3 Pink Pouches for $12. I’ve ordered quite a few things online so I had a lot stocked up. They’re great to store nail polish if you’re going to the salon and bring your own colors (I usually do). I like that they have bubble wrap so it will protect items inside. They’re not going to last forever but I like that they’re functional and relatively affordable.
- For something a bit more luxe Truffle makes cute clear zip leather pouches. I’ve written about these a number of times over the years and use them all the time. There are several sizes you can see the small version here. The one I’ve been carrying around a lot is the Mini Clarity Clutch which is shown above, also here and here.
- Sunscreens have never been more essential for me. I have super sensitive skin so I can’t wear all kinds of sunscreens or else I get a horrible allergic reaction. I’ll have a sunscreen roundup in the next couple of weeks. We’ve been in Florida for less than a month and have already gone through several spray cans of sunscreen. I’ve also been trying a few more for the face and my husband has been testing a few new formulas as well. Two that I really like are the Coola Sunscreen Sprays and the Fresh Sugar Sport Stick. I’ve also been a huge fan of Supergoop! oils and just received a few items for summer including the AcaiFusion Lip Balm with SPF30. My lips are also sensitive so fingers crossed this one works for me.
- Hand cream favorites right now are the Molton Brown Orange and Bergamot and any one from the Kiehl’s Scented Hand Cream Trio (Neimans exclusive). I had my husband try them too as he’s found his hands to be more on the dry side since we moved but he hates both of them. His go-to is the regular Kiehl’s Ultimate Strength Hand Salve which I also like, but I love the way the others smell.
- Lip balm favorites are the Lano Lips in Strawberry (currently part of the buy one get one 50% off promo at Ulta) and Dior Addict Lip Glow Pomade (both reviewed here).
- I’ve been living for travel-sized mini perfumes as well. I’ve already used up several vials with all the spritzing and spraying I did on bites for the first few weeks we were here. I received the Christian Louboutin Miniature Perfume Trio as a gift over the holiday and absolutely love the minis. If you’re looking to splurge but want to try all three, the mini set is the way to go. Another great set is the Elizabeth and James Find Your Nirvana Rollerball Set which has all 4 in mini form. I bought quite a few over the holiday as gifts and kept one for myself. You can still find both at Sephora.
- Makeup rotation includes the Tom Ford Clutch-Sized Lip Balms (swatched here), Chanel Le Rouge Crayons (swatched here), Armani Powder Foundation (I use Shade 4), Chanel Rouge Coco Gloss (744 and 722 shown, review soon), Marc Jacobs Slow Burn miniature lipstick (from this duo or this set), Sisley Phyto-Blush Twist (review here) and Tom Ford Lips and Boys in Bradley (best nude of the moment, swatched here).
- Last but not least a few tech things. I carry around a charger with me for backups – I’ve gone through a few over the years and right now I have the Mophie Powerstation in White. For years I’ve used the regular Apple iPhone cords to charge but they inevitably get really dirty or break. My husband often does a lot of research on tech tools and gadgets – he told me to look at Belkin products. I found one from the line that has a braided cable exterior and is really short so it won’t get tangled in my purse. It’s called the Belkin Apple Certified MIXIT Metallic Lightening USB Cable and it’s just perfect.
- For those curious the Card Case is from Gucci (I find it functional and well made) and iPhone Case is by Gray Malin (you can find them on his website and some styles at Shopbop).
That wraps up what I’ve had in my bag for the past few weeks. If you have sensitive skin and have any sunscreen favorites please share in the comments! Open to any brands or formulas, preferably ones that don’t leave a white cast on the skin!
What do you have in your bag right now?