On My Radar / New In Beauty

On my radar this Monday morning:

Some good inspirational reads:

• Buy the June issue of Glamour Magazine, I found it incredibly inspirational for life/career especially with the articles My Zo-Called Life on Climbing That Ladder by Zosia Mamet and Step Into My Office with Alex Wagner
  • Love this article #GIRLBOSS: Career Advice That Actually Matters via The Coveteur
  • Fun video on how to take good instagram photos via Song of Style
  • I’m living vicariously through Rae with this epic Asia Beauty Exclusives haul video from The RaeViewer
  • Really good insights and background on How To Get a Job Beauty/Fashion PR, Social Media or Marketing from Zoe London.
Hope you have a good start to the week! P.S. Don’t forget to check out my Ole Henriksen Giveaway, you have two more days to enter!

Comments

1. May 19, 2014 / 4:43 pm

Wow, pretty much everything on this list is speaking to me. Amazing picks! xo

2. May 19, 2014 / 4:46 pm

I waited three hours for the MAC AA collection to come out when it was supposed to be out at 12AM PST. -___- But I got everything I wanted, so I guess it was worth it. When I woke up, all the stuff I got = sold out.

• May 19, 2014 / 5:28 pm

Wow! Dedicated and lucky! By the time I woke up most of the things I wanted sold out from MAC, I was able to get a few lipglasses though so I was super excited.

• Anonymous
      May 20, 2014 / 3:50 pm

Rikki, that is incredible to me! The level of competition for MAC, or maybe it was just this collection in particular, amazes me. Glad you got everything you wanted!

3. May 19, 2014 / 5:07 pm

I really want something from the Alluring Aquatic collection! The packaging is amazing! xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

4. May 19, 2014 / 5:30 pm

I'm definitely aiming for the Tory Burch floral print bags they are stunniiiiiinngg!!!!

5. May 19, 2014 / 6:00 pm

I've picked up two of the YSL Couture palettes so far. Saharienne #4 is a lovely combination of peach, gray, brown and ivory. I found Fauves #2 almost an exact dupe for Chanel Charming. The new formula is really fabulous though. All the shades are insanely pigmented and long lasting.

I haven't tried the Chanel Healthy Glow Fluid, but I adore Les Beiges 01. The more I use it, the more I fall in love with it.

Dior's new mascara looks really promising as well. The brush reminds me a bit of Benefit's They're Real and Revlon's dc'd Photoready 3D Volume. I love mascaras that have that tip on the end. It really helps get those hard to reach lashes. I'm really tempted to try the purple.

6. May 19, 2014 / 8:51 pm

Dior Addict It-Lash Mascara and Chanel Healthy Glow Fluid are also on my radar. I'm testing these out currently.

7. May 20, 2014 / 3:04 am

Do you know if Dior Tiny Pink is available at Sephora's brick and mortar store?

• May 20, 2014 / 3:19 am

Hi Claire – it is! I saw it just this past week, it's supposed to be an exclusive to Sephora, both online and in stores 🙂 If you click on the Sephora website to the product, you can actually do an inventory store locator. Click on the product, select the color (or size if it's skincare/fragrance), type in your zip code and it will tell you if the item has been at a Sephora near you within the last few hours or so.

It's not exactly real-time but gives you an idea on stock etc.

Hope this helps!

• Anonymous
      May 20, 2014 / 3:52 pm

Sabrina, that was kind of you to explain that, thank you.

8. May 20, 2014 / 9:27 am

Nars Hot Sand sounds beautiful! I'm yet to try one of their illuminators so it may be time to give them a go 🙂
    Bea x
    Bea's Beauty Blog

9. May 20, 2014 / 12:46 pm

I have the ByTerry Tea to Tan. It takes a while to get used to application (it is very watery), but the effect is truly amazing. I love it. I use the dropper to apply it directly onto my face and then blend. It gives a very glamorous effect. Highly recommend it but only for those with patience to experiment with application.

10. May 20, 2014 / 1:45 pm

Me and my best friend literally flung the laptop open, debit card in hand when we saw that the MAC collection was available online! We posted reviews and swatches straight away 🙂

May 20, 2014 / 3:55 pm

Isn't it nice that something affordable, relative to a trip to Maui, gives us such pleasure and enhances our self esteem and confidence! It's times like this that make it a joy to be female.

12. May 20, 2014 / 6:24 pm

I am really intrigued by the By Terry Tea to Tan….sounds incredible. I've already got my Chanel Summer Les Beiges powder put aside at the counter for me! Love.

13. May 26, 2014 / 7:44 pm

The best collection MAC has come out with in a while!

makeupbyjesswhitbread.blogspot.com