Inside My Makeup Bag

Happy April! Today’s accessories and inside my bag/makeup bag: a couple April issues of Allure and Harper’s Bazaar, Smythson Notebook, Moleskin Small Notebook, Oribe Cote d’Azure Hair Refresher (mini), Caudalie Divine Oil (mini), Nude Pink Sunglasses.

1. Malin + Goetz Mojito Lip Balm – my go-to lip balm of the week
  2. Tom Ford Spring Fling Lip Sheer (sold out online, check your stores if you are interested in this color as soon as you can if you want to locate, swatches here and here)
  3. Chanel Twinkle Glossimer – a classic golden peach shimmer
  4. NARS Bimini Larger Than Life Lip Gloss (swatches here)
  5. Armani Gloss d’Armani Pink 502 (discontinued, swatched here)
  6. MAC Viva Glam IV Lipstick – classic deep rose shimmer
  7. L’Artisan La Chasse Aux Papillons (mini from a holiday trio, full size here)
  8. NARS Descanso Satin Lip Pencil (swatched here)
  9. Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream (on sale at Sephora in a Divine Oil/Hand Cream Duo)
  10. Dolce & Gabbana Warm 100 Powder Foundation (review here)
  11. Caudalie Divine Oil (mini size or on sale in a Sephora Duo)
  12. Caudalie Beauty Elixir (from the Favorites Set)
  13. Chanel Emotion Blush (review here)
  14. Tom Ford Lip Color Shine in Abandon – gives the perfect peach nude shine
What’s in your makeup bag this week?

Comments

1. April 1, 2014 / 7:00 pm

I want to know where you got your clear makeup bag from? I like being able to see what I'm carrying with me from a glance.

2. April 1, 2014 / 7:04 pm

Hi Sabrina,

Lovely contents, as always! I love the look of the Dolce and Gabbana foundation, as well as Tom Ford Spring Fling!

I've been loving NARS Deep Throat & NARS Larger Than Life Mascara as of late 🙂

3. April 1, 2014 / 7:06 pm

Check out the editors' favorites page (page 48) in the new April Allure. Do you think we need the Dior Elixir Precieux? Lol! Also how does your latest review of pink nude nail polishes compare to the one you did August 20, 2012?

• April 1, 2014 / 7:18 pm

Hi Collarjean, I haven't researched much on Dior fragrances mainly due to the prices but I will add it to my list to check out the next time I get to a boutique that carries all the fragrances.

This year's nudes are very similar to my 2012 nudes. Tastes and color preferences can change over time, I would say that the 2014 post focused on pinker nudes. 2012's post covered all kinds of nudes, pink-nudes, beige-nudes, peach-nudes and mauve-nudes if that makes sense.

HTH!

• April 2, 2014 / 9:08 pm

Yes, it helped. Thank you so much for responding to my question. I know you're very busy. And your swatches are beautiful, as always.

4. April 1, 2014 / 7:59 pm

What a chic and enviable makeup bag you have. 😉 Currently in my mu bag: Maybelline Color Elixir in Mauve Mystique, Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Rose, L'Occitane Rose Reines Hand Cream, Neutrogena Blotting Sheets, Travalo filled w/ D&G 3 L'imperatrice EDT

I've been obsessed with Caudalie's Divine Oil lately! But how do you use it while on-the-go? The mini they sell now doesn't come with a spray like the earlier 1oz bottle did. Boo.

• April 1, 2014 / 9:07 pm

I'm so glad I read your comment. I thought I got a defective bottle because mine didn't have a spray either. Unfortunately (at least to me) it's no longer an on-the-go product:(

• April 1, 2014 / 9:26 pm

Really? That's too bad, I just bought another one from Sephora a month ago and it had the spray nozzle. Where did you girls buy yours from?

• April 1, 2014 / 11:25 pm

Sabrina, did you get yours in a set? The individual 1oz bottle I purchased from Sephora (over 6 months ago) came as a spray, but the one in the $15 duo with the hand cream is a screw-cap pour bottle. I noticed that the scent of the hand & nail cream has also changed from the original light, fresh, grape-water fragrance to something a bit more citrusy and tart. I much preferred the old scent.

5. April 1, 2014 / 9:04 pm

Ok I'm headed to Sephora after work for that EXCELLENT divine oil/hand creme sale.

6. April 1, 2014 / 9:21 pm

I *heart* your makeup and accessory collection 🙂 I personally prefer to travel a little lighter so here are a few things in my Chanel makeup bag: NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard, The Body Shop Concealer Pencil in 08, Shu Uemura Face Powder Matte in 7YR light, Shu Uemura travel face brush, Chanel Joues Contraste in Star Dust, Burt's Bees beeswax lip balm, Le Metier de Beaute Sheer Brilliance gloss in Pink-e Promise, and a mini (0.3 oz size) L'occitane shea butter hand cream.

P.S. Now that I have listed and counted them out, they are not 'a few' at all 😛

7. April 2, 2014 / 5:10 am

I love the content of your makeup bag! The mini sizes from caudalie sound interesting. I need more mini sizes too, will just have a look at sephora 🙂

8. April 2, 2014 / 6:41 am

I also use a clear makeup pouch, it's so useful and makes so much senses! My life got so much easier after I made the switch to clear. I absolutely love/want your Goyard tote!! I can't wait to visit SF to check out their boutique. Seattle needs to catch up! Hehe

9. April 2, 2014 / 9:37 am

Your makeup bag contents are so pretty. I love the colours. Also Tom ford lippie, the day I own one will be the best day of my life….sad I know but true hahaha

Lauren – Makeup By Lauren Marie

10. April 2, 2014 / 11:23 am

haha all the lippies! im the same, i put them in but then forget they're there until my bag gets super weighted down.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

11. April 2, 2014 / 12:09 pm

You are so well organized! I also don't know how you would use the Caudalie Divine Oil on the go – I bought the full size on your recommendation and love it – I use it daily after my shower.

On the down side, I ordered the Tom Ford lip sheer in Paradiso and I'm sending it back. It's a VERY different color than I've seen on any website, including TomFord.com – it's not pink, it's orange! Very disappointing!

12. April 2, 2014 / 2:41 pm

Spring Fling is available on the Tom Ford website. I love it too!

13. April 2, 2014 / 2:45 pm

OOooops sorry, I meant Summer Fling Lip Sheer.

April 3, 2014 / 5:04 am

Can I ask where the good bracelets are from? Love your blog, thanks so much!