Color Focus: Pink Nudes for Nails

I have an obsession with neutral pink nudes for nails. I love the clean polished natural look of colors that have a mix of pink with nude/beige/mauve/rose. My current favorites range from semi-sheer to full coverage shades, most are creams but there are a few that have subtle shimmer. The shades I’m loving this season are listed below. All photos are my own.

Row 1: YSL Beige Leger 22, Chanel Jade Rose 493, Deborah Lippmann Naked, Dolce & Gabbana Rose Petal 102

Row 2: Dior Incognito 257, Deborah Lippmann Fashion, Dior Beige Lotus, Rescue Beauty Lounge Grunge

Row 3: Dolce and Gabbana Petal, Chanel Rose Cache 521, Deborah Lippmann Modern Love and Dior Sienna

On the nail wheel, with a few true beiges and pinks added to compare, two views:

I believe all these shades are still available for sale with the exception of Chanel Mistral which is no longer for sale (I think). Currently, Chanel Jade Rose is listed as limited-edition on Chanel.com. What neutral pinks are you loving?

Kindly note that all photos and content are my own and copyrighted. Please do not copy, reprint, edit, republish or hotlink images.

Comments

1. August 20, 2012 / 4:01 pm

That is a ridiculously gorgeous nail wheel! RBL Grunge is my go-to nude/beige/mauve/rose since it balances all those tones so well. I find it very hard to do nudes that lean more pink, even though I absolutely love them on other people.

2. August 20, 2012 / 4:10 pm

Essie Au Natural

3. August 20, 2012 / 5:24 pm

Sabrina, you have outdone yourself with this gorgeous gorgeous post!! Absolute pink/nude/blush heaven!! I know you've been busy and I was going to comment that DL Modern Love looked a bit like Dior Incognito but this comparison post is absolutely priceless and answers all my questions.. Thank you!
    My fave nude pinks are Dior Incognito, Chanel Rose Cache, Essie's Jazz and Essie's Topless and Barefoot (which is a bit more milky though). The new OPI Germany collection color in My Very First Knockwurst is also a beautiful opaque pink nude that I've been loving!
    Hope work and life are treating you well!
    xoxo

• August 21, 2012 / 4:15 am

I agree with Lakshmi here, Sabrina!! I can see clearly how Dior Incognito is a lot less mauve than DL Modern Love.. eventhough I think the Incognito is somewhat mauve already. Excellent job as always 🙂

xo,
      Claire

4. August 20, 2012 / 5:24 pm

Hope work and life are treating you well!
    xoxo

5. August 20, 2012 / 7:46 pm

OPI for Sephora "Half-Caff Soy Latte" is a staple for me, and I also adore butter London "Yummy Mummy".

August 20, 2012 / 10:37 pm

RBL grunge is my favorite on you! I love it when you compare all of your colors so we can see the differences! Thank you!

7. August 20, 2012 / 10:54 pm

Gosh you have so many amazingly gorgeous polishes, Sabrina! I definitely need to start buying more neutrals and soft pinks–I love them but I am always distracted by bright bold colors! I am in LOVE with the Deborah Lippman Modern Love, Dior Incognito, and D&G Petal!

8. August 20, 2012 / 11:30 pm

I agree with Lakshmi that you have outdone yourself! I will have to try so many of these gorgeous "non-color" colors! However…does anyone happen to know where to purchase RBL Grunge? I cannot locate it and it appears to be discontinued!

9. August 21, 2012 / 1:49 am

the wheel looks so beautiful all laid out! Chanel Rose Cache is high on my wishlist!

a-la-foliee.blogspot.com

10. August 21, 2012 / 1:57 am

This Post is just fantastic !! you covered almost everything !! my favorite is naked by deborah lippman!

11. August 21, 2012 / 2:54 am

I love OPI You Callin' Me A Lyre? although that's very sheer. Ugh I love your nail wheel, I'll surely keep coming back to this post because like you, I can't get enough of lady like shades! If you could only have one, which would you pick? 🙂

12. August 21, 2012 / 10:28 am

These nudes are amazing! I really like it and your collection 🙂

13. August 21, 2012 / 1:19 pm

Great post! pink nude is my all time classic nail shade~ Thanks so much~

14. August 21, 2012 / 2:10 pm

Thank you! I don't have any shades like these and I am going to use this post to rectify that!

15. August 21, 2012 / 8:17 pm

My favorite colors for nails are pink nudes so I love this post. My favorites are the Dior and Dolce colors – I think I'm going to pick up the Dior this weekend. Thank you Sabrina!

16. anemone53
    August 21, 2012 / 11:30 pm

Thank you so much! I was feeling guilty about all the similar nude-ish shades I'd bought for work but this makes me appreciate them more. my new faves are RBL Jane, Lulu, and Plie, Butter London tea with the queen, Yummy Mummy, and Essie Sand Tropez (which I think is really close to Chanel Frenzy).

17. August 23, 2012 / 1:56 am

I love your blog! Thank you for the amazing swatches, as always!

18. August 23, 2012 / 1:56 am

Thank you for your amazing blog and photos! I love seeing your new posts. Keep up the great work.

19. August 23, 2012 / 9:46 pm

I keep seeing such beautifulpink & nude tones but somehoe on me they just look wrong. I really like using color!

20. August 25, 2012 / 2:27 am

Gorgeous selection of pink-nudes! I see quite a few shades here to add to my wishlist! 🙂

21. August 25, 2012 / 2:30 am

Ahh I love your collection of Nudes and Pinks 🙂 YSL beige looks very pretty! I lso have Dior Beige Lotus, I love the color but I find the formula is too thick. Do you feel so?

August 27, 2012 / 10:44 pm

Thank you very much for such gorgeous comparison! I don't like and seldom wear nude tones. It are not mine, but I love Dior Incognito, it has a tick of purple? It looks very lovely on my tips :)!

Chantal

23. August 28, 2012 / 2:10 pm

Love that color wheel! Where you were taking the pictures seemed really sunny!

24. August 29, 2012 / 4:29 am

I really would love to see your beauty collection in person! You have SO many amazing nail polishes!

25. dressy
    September 2, 2012 / 10:01 pm

Beautiful post. my favorite nail polish color category–chips not obvious, work appropriate, subtle not screaming. I adore your taste and selection. I have Chanel's Jade Rose and I forgot I had it 😛 Love!

26. Barbra
    September 2, 2012 / 10:46 pm

Gorgeous! I'd like to add OPI'S My Very First Knackwurst to the list of pink nudes (from the Fall 2012 Germany collection) because it is such a beautiful shade.

27. September 8, 2012 / 2:02 pm

Beautiful pictures 🙂 I love nude polishes, they look like peanut butter 😀

28. September 9, 2012 / 12:21 am

Pink nudes are pretty much the only color I wear on my fingers (aside from when I'm testing/photographing something) so I'm seriously loving this post 🙂 My favorite nude pinks are Zoya Melodie, Inglot 715, Orly Pink Nude, Essie Topless & Barefoot, Essie Fiji (application is awful though), OPI Mimosas for Mr and Mrs, OPI Samoan Sand, and most recently I got the new nude pink from the OPI Germany collection

29. October 1, 2012 / 12:57 pm

Essie – Lady Like
    A pink/tan color, oh so beautiful =)

July 25, 2014 / 6:15 pm