Chanel Le Vernis for Fall 2011: Quartz, Graphite and Peridot

Chanel Fall 2011 has broken my blog break and has also eaten into my savings for a Chanel mini-flap. I am still highly ecstatic. My first feature on the Fall Collection will be on new Le Vernis shades ($25 each). The theme for nails is metallic where light plays a key role in the final result of what you see on the nails. The colors are slightly translucent in texture so you can build intensity with two or more coats. Each shade has a slightly different finish and quality making each color unique.

• Quartz 525 is a frosted silvery brown taupe (I’d describe this as a smooth and soft metallic)
  • Graphite 529 is a highly metallic glittery silver-gunmetal (this one is intense, almost foiled-like, the tiny particles reflect light making this a multi-dimensional shade)
  • Peridot 531 reminds me of a scarab beetle, the color is complex with green, yellow, brown, blue I’m hard pressed to put a description on this (it’s almost duochrome, almost frost-like, but non-streaky and simply glows)
The photo at the very top shows the shades in natural light, no flash but with direct sun shining on the colors. The photo below is the same angle and also with natural light, but with an added high flash from the camera so you can see the other metallic qualities/colors.

Another angle reveals the complexity of these shades

Quartz

Graphite

Peridot

Each swatch has 2 coats. I love Quartz and Graphite. Peridot is such a unique color but I’m not loving it. Comparisons to other shades to come soon but for inquiring minds – these are all very unique and different from any previous Chanel or Dior release. These are very “fall” though. I personally adore virtually everything Chanel releases. However some of you might not be feeling in the mood to wear these for a couple months when the real fall season arrives. (FYI this is how I felt with Chanel Paradoxal last year when it came out end of June.)

Comments

1. June 18, 2011 / 6:28 pm

Quartz is gorgeous, looks like the ultimate wearable colour for me.

2. June 18, 2011 / 6:42 pm

Quartz is especially pretty looking to me. Peridot.. I'm unsure of. It's such a unique color that looks different in varying lights and angles in your photos. It's pretty, but I just don't know if it would suit me. I guess I'll figure that out when this hits the stores. πŸ™‚ Thanks for posting this! Looking forward to your reviews of the other Chanel items you got!

3. June 18, 2011 / 7:03 pm

I love Quartz – reminds me of how I felt when I *had* to purchase every one of my many taupe eye shadows! Graphite is nice, & although I do like Peridot, it reminds me of a darker, more olive based Zoya Jules. It shouldn't, but Jules pulls very green against my skin.

Great post as usual!

4. June 18, 2011 / 7:10 pm

Quartz will be mine – it's so pretty! Thanks for featuring these you were so on it!

These may be eating into your savings for a Chanel bag but at least you are replacing it with a little slice of Chanel heaven!

5. June 18, 2011 / 7:13 pm

Love love love, it's looking like I might need to buy all 3!!

6. June 18, 2011 / 7:29 pm

Thanks for taking a break from your blogging vacation to bring us these lovely photos! I really like the look of all three of these polishes (especially Quartz) and can't wait to see the new eyeshadows! πŸ™‚

7. claim
    June 18, 2011 / 7:36 pm

I love them all! They will complete my collection for sure!
    Peridot is just my favorite! This colour is just unic.

I am so excited! I can't wait it goes out our french stores!

8. June 18, 2011 / 8:04 pm

Really stunning colours – this may just break my nail colour fast!

9. June 18, 2011 / 8:27 pm

How pretty!! I ordered Graphite yesterday, and now seeing your swatches I'm so glad I did! Quartz is beautiful too πŸ™‚ I don't think Peridot would suit me but it's such an interesting color!
    Thanks for the pics!
    xx
    Bethany

10. June 18, 2011 / 8:35 pm

I am going to have all three!! Soo looking forward to play with these! My favorite is Graphite.

11. June 18, 2011 / 9:02 pm

Peridot is beautiful, it's going to be my first ever Chanel nail polish!

12. June 18, 2011 / 9:10 pm

I love Graphite! The sparkle is so pretty!

13. June 18, 2011 / 9:33 pm

They are all lovely and rather unique to my eyes. Thank you again so much for the peek at these! I'm even more anxious for my order to arrive!

14. June 18, 2011 / 10:50 pm

These are beautiful! Quartz is absolutely calling to me. I have a feeling Peridot is similar to an Orly one that I have, I like the idea of it more than I like how it looks on the nail. Thank you so much for sharing these fantastic pictures!
    Jane x

15. June 18, 2011 / 11:44 pm

Peridot looks AMAZING, especially in the bottle!!! I posted this on Twitter and immediately my friend started drooling over it, too … we decided to split a bottle xD cannot wait to get it!!!

16. June 19, 2011 / 1:51 am

Lovely, thoughtful post as always! I have to say, I'm trying to rule at least ONE of these out so I can only purchase two … but you're making it more and more difficult!

β™₯ Jessica

17. June 19, 2011 / 2:45 am

I have all three on preorder with my Chanel girl. If she blows my order – off with her head!!! Joking!!! I know fir sure I will love Quartz but I simple must have the three. Such beauty! Thanks for breaking from your break.

18. June 19, 2011 / 3:29 am

The greenish Gold one is really sexy…Lovely collection.

19. June 19, 2011 / 3:51 am

Thank you so much for the thorough review and pics! I feel like I should love these but I'm not a fan of metallics. Imnso worried about the dreaded Chanel regret though I pass on them πŸ™

20. June 19, 2011 / 8:26 am

These three shades are gorgeous worth breaking up the savings for πŸ˜› I'm also not sure about Peridot, looks too olive for my skintone..

21. June 19, 2011 / 11:03 am

Quartz reminds me if 367 TrapΓ©ze, Chanel relased it for the christmas season a couple of years ago. I loved (still do) the color πŸ™‚

I think I will go for the Peridot, if I get a hold of one.

Thanks for sharing, love your blog!

22. June 19, 2011 / 12:48 pm

Graphite is definitely my favourite, don't like Quartz, it's just not my type of colour. As for Peridot, it looks really interesting, will have to take a look at it in person.
    Thanks for a great post.

23. June 19, 2011 / 4:37 pm

There's something about your nail swatches that always makes me want to cave on polish, and I don't even wear polish!

These are lovely colors, all of which really reflect the runway presentation. I am most interested in Peridot and Graphite, though, particularly Peridot as it makes more of a (big loud) statement.

24. June 20, 2011 / 2:44 am

Loving all three, but I think Graphite is my favorite, followed by Peridot. I can't wait to try them as soon as they hit my store!

Thanks for all the wonderful swatches!

Shannon

25. June 20, 2011 / 2:56 pm

I'm very interested in Graphite but I wonder how close it is to OPI Lucerne-tainly look marvelous.

26. June 20, 2011 / 3:17 pm

Thanks for your swatches! Does the Peridot show the blue duochrome on the nail?

Marsha

27. June 20, 2011 / 3:48 pm

Peridot is lovely <3

28. June 20, 2011 / 5:46 pm

OMG! Want! Want!!!! And I want the eyeshadow quads, too!

I should buy stock in Chanel.

29. June 29, 2011 / 10:13 pm

Lovely post! Question: Do you know by any chance if Peridot similar to Dior Golden Nugget? Thank you.

June 30, 2011 / 6:00 am

Quartz is, by far, my favorite of them all. It's such a pretty shade. Definitely not feeling the love for Graphite and Peridot would have looked much nicer if I could see the greenish-blue shade on the nails. Guess I'll just have to try them on to make my decision.

31. August 29, 2011 / 1:11 am

I love peridot and am thinking I really need quartz!!
    πŸ™‚

32. meg
    November 23, 2011 / 8:25 pm

This is a late post but I just had to say how great Quartz is. I've been wearing it this week with no basecoat and no topcoat, – I slapped it on in a hurry during a crazy busy week. It's been a days and the polish isn't chipping or losing its shine. I'm so impressed with the quality I just had to write!

33. December 29, 2011 / 8:32 am

Your photography is wonderful!
    I got quartz from my boyfriend under the christmastree!! Love it

34. April 10, 2012 / 11:19 am

$25! You are lucky. In Moscow (Russia) Chanel Le Vernis is $40 each.
    But I still could not resist buying Peridot and also dream of Quartz and Paradoxal.

Thank you so much for your reviews, they are really helpful!