Have you checked out this palette yet? What’s your current favorite neutral eyeshadow palette?
Burberry Beauty Runway Nail Collection Pink Tones – Hydrangea Pink, Bright Coral Red and Pink AzaleaMarch 22, 2015
The Pop Water collection includes:
- Vernis à Lèvres Plump Up Glossy Stain $36 (1 shade)
- Vernis à Lèvres Glossy Stains $36 each (8 shades)
- La Lacque Couture Nail Lacquer $27 each (4 shades)
- Full Metal Shadow Metallic Eye Color Liquid Eyeshadow $30 each (10 shades, currently on backorder until March 31st)
- Lovers – passion reflected by dramatic reds
- Family – a tribute in understated nude shades
- Best Friends – celebrated by romantic pinks
- Muses – an homage in bright corals
- Artists – honored by deep plum shades
I ordered eight colors, all neutrals of course. The closeup below shows the luminous shimmer mixed into each of the colors. The finish on the lips is soft and glowy without being frosty at all.
Louise is a flesh beige nude with silver and gold flecks of shimmer. This one is closest on me to a true nude color. It has a luminous finish that covers the lip entirely.
Burberry Kisses Hydrating Lip Colour – Nude Pink, Garnet, Oxblood, Bright Coral, Blossom Pink and Rose BlushMarch 14, 2015
- Blossom Pink is a soft neutral pink nude that leans more pink
- Garnet is a medium rosewood plum mauve, it’s a nice polished medium-dark pink mauve that doesn’t pull brown or too dark
- Bright Coral is a vibrant coral that is very bright on my complexion
- Nude Pink is just that, a nude pink, very similar to Blossom Pink (which is more pink), this is a flawless nude pink lipstick, it’s light on my pigmented lips but doesn’t wash me out, if you have lips that are lighter this will look darker on you
- Rose Blush is a soft mauve rose about 1.5 shades lighter than Garnet
- Oxblood is a classic deep vampy wine color
I pulled a few of the older Lip Covers to compare with the new Kisses formula. There is only one that I have both the old and new formula of to compare, Oxblood is identical in the new and old formula in color and coverage, the older version is slightly more glossy.
- The Marc Jacobs Sheer Lip Gels offer a range of lighter colored nudes to brighter neutrals with a glossy sheen. If you have dry lips you need to prep your lips otherwise the colors will emphasize lip lines. Range offers one shimmer (Have We Met?) and the rest are non-shimmers. These have a very soft vanilla scent (emphasis on very soft).
- The Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Cremes are for those who like strong bold colors with super saturated pigment and long wear color. This range does have a few neutrals but the focus is on bold rich color, all are creams. The formula is hydrating. The color options are heavy on the reds and corals. There are also good mochas, plums and brights. These have a soft vanilla scent.
- Chanel relaunched their Rouge Coco Lipsticks (to be reviewed soon). This range offers a wide selection of neutrals in the nude, pink and rose range, there are also a couple medium mauves and then you have the jump to brights and deeper colors to choose from. The colors have a soft shimmer mixed in for dimension with a medium glossy finish. Some have more shimmer than others, but they all have a luminous look. These have a rose scent.
- The Burberry Kisses Lip Colors are somewhere in the middle of all the others with coverage that is buildable from sheer to medium-full coverage without any shimmer but don’t look flat. The finish is very natural with a slight sheen but don’t have that high shine finish and the formula melds into the lip for a natural look. This launch has the widest range of colors to choose from neutrals, roses, pinks, mauves, reds and corals (although it does seem to lack any brown-tones).