- Temptalia has a gorgeous tutorial
- Makeup and Beauty Blog has some preview photos
- Best Things in Beauty has pigmented swatches
- Natural N Chic Makeup has swatches of the Europe/Asia version
shimmery side but not quite as sparkly as Intuition. It has a
cool-toned powdery pink satin, a silvery sage metallic, a warm brown and
an eggplant shimmer. I thought this would be my favorite out of the
two, but it’s borderline too cool for my skin. It’s still quite lovely
on olive complexion but I prefer Mystic Eyes to this one. I haven’t seen the European/baked version of Variation in person, but judging from online reviews/swatches, I think I prefer the color payoff of the Euro one better. Some other swatches to check out:
- Café Makeup swatched and reviewed the European baked version earlier this year
- Kosmetista has the baked version swatched with an eye look
- Temptalia has a helpful tutorial for inspiration
- Best Things in Beauty has a great review
For me Intuition was a lovely surprise. It looked like it would be too neutral or unoriginal but it really is quite lovely. Variation on the other hand was a slight disappointment. The colors are really lovely but needs a bit of warming up for my skintone.
Have you spotted the Les Expressions de Chanel collection yet? I’m still waiting to see the whole collection, but at this time think I will probably pass on everything else. Perhaps I will consider the mascara?