Shown above: Byredo Cotton Poplin, Chanel Le Rouge Crayon, Diptyque Baies, Tom Ford Venus Rising, Jason Wu for Caudalie, Chloe Perfume, J.Crew Irving Sunglasses, West Elm Tray
Happy Monday everyone – I hope you had a great weekend! I’ve received a lot of questions about my desktop, home decor and how I clean out candle jars to recycle them. I’ve shown snippets of our home and my desktops here and on Instagram – by popular request I have answers to the most frequently asked questions:
- Where is your table from? Our marble table is from Crate and Barrel. We liked this one because of the size options and the simple classic yet modern design. If you search their tables you’ll find a wide range of tops and bases to pick from. I also work on a glass wood table – sometimes you’ll see my computer or what’s on my desktop. That table used to be called the Anderson Desk, but has been re-named Clear Glass Top/Elm Base Table (dimensions and style appear to be identical). This one also comes in different sizes.
- Where do you get your trays? I love searching for decorative trays to help organize things. It usually takes me forever to find ones that are the right size and style! I have trays everywhere – on the nightstand, on my bookshelves, on my desks, in the bathroom, in the closet.
- The mirrored brass one in the top photo with mirror is from West Elm.
- I’ve featured a Round Mirrored Tray (also from West Elm) over the holiday in this post here, it sold out but is back in stock!
- West Elm also makes some of the best Acrylic Square Trays – they’re sturdy, sleek and well made – not to mention they have a really clean minimalist look.
- The black and white marble trays I have are from Restoration Hardware (black marble no longer available, similar style here).
- An affordable cute one is the Prisma Geometric Storage Catchall (shown in this post here).
- Where are your pink sunglasses from? They’re the J.Crew Irving although the pink color is sold out.
- How do you clean out the wax from the candle jars without ruining the sticker? I did a post many years ago about how I clean out candle jars here. I use warm water and dish soap (or hand soap). For candles with stickers or labels I find Diptyque is the easiest to clean out – the sticker has a coating that makes it sturdy so you don’t have to worry about getting the exterior wet. Other brands like Byredo, Le Labo, Jo Malone, Cire Trudon or anything with a more delicate label so getting them wet will usually usually ruin the exterior. If you read the comments in the old thread you’ll see many other ways to clean out the wax. Do what works for you! I prefer warm water and soap to clean out the wax and any burnt remnants around the edges. I will say I tried putting several in the freezer and it did not do anything for me. I do suspect it depends how much wax is leftover after you finish burning.
- How about the Diptyque Rosa Mundi 2017 version, can you recycle even though the exterior is paper? Yes you can, I got mine a little wet and it was just fine. That being said – since it is paper I wouldn’t soak it in water. I would try to keep the warm water inside only. If you get a little on the outside it won’t hurt it, I just wouldn’t let it sit on the paper. By the way, Rosa Mundi appears to be sold out almost everywhere. I ordered 2 more a few days ago from Neiman Marcus. If you have this on your radar I recommend you act soon.
- You showed Nails Inc. Bond Street Passage on Instagram, can you do a neutral nail polish roundup? Yes! I will – finishing the last bits of swatching today so yes, I will be sharing my most-worn neutrals that work for my medium olive toned skin. A lot of beige nail polish pulls really warm and makes my hands look sallow so I’ve found the ones that have pink tones work best for me. Nails Inc Bond Street Passage (shown here and below) is more of a mauve pinky color, but still kinda in the neutral category.
Shown above: KNC Beauty Lip Masks (review soon), Nails Inc Bond Street Passage, Bite Beauty The Perfect Pair Amuse Bouche Duo (Thistle shown), MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lip Color in Sweet Thing, Dior Nude Air Luminizer Powders (reviewed here)
Hope this answered some of your questions! Many of you have asked for a home decor post and I’ve been working to put one together. I hope to have it up very soon.
One last thing, Chanel.com just launched the Rouge Coco Gloss (exclusive to them for now) along with four new nail polishes. I have not tried them yet but they are offering free overnight shipping for Valentine’s Day if you order by 4:00 PM EST on 2/13. Do note that nail polishes still require ground shipping (there will be an alert at checkout). I have my eye on the glosses in Subtil 744 and Rose Pulpe 728!